Threat has been detected

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have avast anti virus software on my computer and it keeps coming up with this message Infection DCom Exploit - Action Blocked although the pop up is quite annoying that's ok it's the sound it makes and that stupid voice that is really getting on my tits :mad:

Does anybody know how to stop it coming up :confused:

123scotty

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hi
yes its a windoze problem
there is a exploit on the dcom (Distributed Component Object Model) is a mechanism that allows software on your Windows computer to communicate over a network.
try this link it will explain what it is and how to get it out your system.
Avast Network Shield Blocked DCOM Exploit Attack
microsoggy software for that extra virus, worm, exploit,

go try linux there is plenty of flavors out there to try or go mac

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
hi
yes its a windoze problem
there is a exploit on the dcom (Distributed Component Object Model) is a mechanism that allows software on your Windows computer to communicate over a network.
try this link it will explain what it is and how to get it out your system.
Avast Network Shield Blocked DCOM Exploit Attack
microsoggy software for that extra virus, worm, exploit,

go try linux there is plenty of flavors out there to try or go mac

Thank you for your reply, I will look at the link
I tried installing a linux os on my computer ages ago, I don't remember what flavour it was but it was a dvd with a magazine and my computer didn't like it.

Ceman

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have avast anti virus software on my computer and it keeps coming up with this message Infection DCom Exploit - Action Blocked although the pop up is quite annoying that's ok it's the sound it makes and that stupid voice that is really getting on my tits :mad:

Does anybody know how to stop it coming up :confused:

Exploits are nothing important at all, it just means you need to do automatic updates waste of time, just ignore it.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for your reply, I will look at the link
I tried installing a linux os on my computer ages ago, I don't remember what flavour it was but it was a dvd with a magazine and my computer didn't like it.
Here you go my friend. Check it out. I got fed up with Windows over a year ago. Got rid of it on all 3 computers i have. It will do everything Windows and a Mac can do. And in most cases better. It is simply a superior operating system compared to the two. I will never run Windows again and Macs are a complete waste of time and money. As always it's free.

Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before you take the time to post in this place about issues I'd google it for answers, at least you won't get windows haters telling you to change out your OS to avoid a simple threat. Thats like buying a new car because you have a flat.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here you go my friend. Check it out. I got fed up with Windows over a year ago. Got rid of it on all 3 computers i have. It will do everything Windows and a Mac can do. And in most cases better. It is simply a superior operating system compared to the two. I will never run Windows again and Macs are a complete waste of time and money. As always it's free.

Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu
Have to agree, the Ubuntu distro, a variant of Debian, is a really familiar feeling Linux OS. I prefer KDE to GNOME, making Kubuntu one of my preferred OS (also use Mac and Gentoo), but I am logged in and posting through GNOME now. :biggrin1:

CotD, you do not have to switch to another OS, a well-maintained installation of Windows can be as safe as any other. Windows 7 is actually quite nice and reminds me of Mac OS X. If you have it installed, doubt you need to switch. But, I do recommend a second OS on your machine, just for backup.

Hope you were able to fix the 'puter. :fingersx:

LittleDicky

LPSG Legend
Media
.....it's the sound it makes and that stupid voice that is really getting on my tits :mad: Does anybody know how to stop it coming up :confused:

Did you know you can just disable the sound?

I'm using the Free Version..... Bring up Avast's main screen. Go to Settings, top right.

In left column, click on Sounds.

This will bring up a panel where you can disable all sounds -- or choose those you wish to disable.