Three years on....

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
EnglishGentleman said:
Whatever type of "prisoner" they are, the treatment they have recieved is criminal by ANYONE's standards, moral or religious, and to defend them is short-sighted to say the very least.

What treatment would that be?
- A roof over their head?
- Three meals a day?
- A bed to sleep in?
- The ability to practice their religion?
- To have air conditioning which until recently many soldiers there did not?
- To have legal counsel?

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being stripped naked....

Being forced to eat their own faeces....

Vicious Beatings....

Having their "3 meals a day" withheld indefinitely...

Sexual assault...

And all on video too...

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We should never have gone in the first place and we should leave as soon as possible.

I believe with all my heart that Bush is leading us down a course that is increasing political, social and economic problems, including the threat of terrorism, and not making us safer in any sense. I very much believe that control of oil was and is the chief motivation for our intervention and that it was being planned before Bush even took office. I also believe the events of 9-11 provided political support; and the various, changing rationales for the war have always been smokescreens.

Of course, all of this does boil down to more fundamental differences I have with our government about our right to intervene unilaterally, our right to "strike first," and about which reasons are good vs. bad for any military intervention. In the end, I believe the "war on terrorism" is about the political, economic and military consolidation of power of the "special interest group" that is now running Washington.

I am disappointed but not at all surprised about the large number of americans who continue to support the war. It's still not too late to change course, but oppositional forces, at least inside the U.S., are weak and scattered. Too bad for the world ...

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
My reply is a bit harsh so those who are offended easily: DO NOT FUCKING READ IT! :D

I think we should stay and toughen up a bit, Kill as much as we can and not taking civilians into consideration, even women and children, they still can carry out attacks, I see them as fair game.

After the terrorists, rebels and all the idiots are killed and the security/peace is established in Iraq, I think we should stay in our own goddamn country spend all that fucking money on us instead of other people and better ourselves and protect our homeland.

They spent over 1 billion I think? If they had given each American 1 million dollars well....:rolleyes: not to mention the 27 trillion thats gonna be spent on the military real soon :rolleyes:

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
RideRocket said:
It's better than what the rest of the world wants to do - stick their head in the dirt and act like there's no threat.
:confused: whether that's true or not - and it probably isn't - i don't see the relevance. how is wasting the lives of americans and allies for financial gain addressing the threat of attacks on their countries by terrorist organizations? the US government was drawing up plans for the invasion of iraq long before september 11 2001.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I have no doubt that by the time any documents are released, there will be a link between Al Queda and Iraq, but the fact remains that it did not exist at the time we invaded! You can't change the past by rewriting your documentation- oh wait, yes you can.

How many chances to we have to give bush to get his own story right? That question would be grotesque enough if it weren't for the bigger one: How many times does this administration have to get caught red handed in illegal activities before Americans wake up to the fact that our main enemy is our own government? Our forefathers would be so ashamed of what we're done.

It appals me that we could just thumb our nose at the UN and effect an UNPROVOKED AND ILLEGAL WAR, and keep on killing, raping and smashing. Our soldiers believe they're representing a good cause, they deserve better than the only truth they're going to get.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HappyHammer1977 said:
It's now THREE years to the day that the boys first landed in Eye-Rack....

Who thinks they should stay and who thinks they should get out?

Colin Powel said it best..."you break it, you buy it." We have very little choice in the situation, whether or not you supported it to begin with.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It can be called a Democracy, cause we elected him, Something Iraq never did with Saddam. W has ignored as many of his "Dad's buddies," as he's listened to.

And our showers actually have water, so it is a bit less than a concentration camp.

He's listed as one his reason's that Saddam basically sucked and needed the boot. Of course maybe if Saddam had given the bribes that went to the Germam, French, and Russian's to Haliberton, who knows. (And if I was president, and had the chance to take out a man who tried to kill my dad, I don't know how many times I'd need to think about it.

How else, by the way Was Saddam going to go? After the Surendor monkey's asked nicely enough? Europe knew how to "handle" the situation, they cashed his checks.

The bottom line is like I mentioned above. Whatever your opinion is on the rational for going to war in Iraq, we broke it. We bought it. Now we have to fix it.

THey don't have enough money to pay the French to do it anymore.

WolfsheimDeutschland said:
Quote:

Establishing democracies, or at least governments that are open to free thought and ideas is a means to overcome extremism.

Since when can America be called a democracy with a president that fucks up the country as he and his Dad's buddies please?

That opens a nothing less than a concentration camp (I am a German, I know what that is) in Guantanamo, locking randomly chosen people up...

That publicly lies to cover up the real reasons for invading a (undemocratic, but still sovereign) country?

And most of all: Bush started a war in a region, of which he has no cultural, economic or religious idea whatsoever. Saddam had to go, but not in this cowboyish way! In the end all this destablizes the south eastern rim of the European Union, thank you very much. Before the invasion, we knew how to handle it, but now it's violent chaos with a dumbstruck army in the middle.:rolleyes:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
HappyHammer1977 said:
It's now THREE years to the day that the boys first landed in Eye-Rack....

Who thinks they should stay and who thinks they should get out?

It's hard to answer that. I don't know who Bush wants to invade next.

The candidates are:

Iran
North Korea
Syria

I'm not a fan of the Iraq war, but at least having the bulk of the U.S. army tied up in Iraq prevents them from invading another country on dubious pretexts.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt we will see any real invasion for the next years. Our forces are too thinned-out and too occupied with the fires they're already putting out, and setting new ones will be difficult. Also, I guess the public support this time will really be down, and be as immune against being raised as an impotent guy's dong.

On the Iraq issue: I doubt Germany, France and Russia were acting for noble motives. France had contracts and agreements with Iraq, dating back from the 80s, that were only waiting to be signed and put in action once the UN resolutions against Hussein's regime had been softened, and has equipped Saddam throughout the 80s with Air Defense weapons and fighter/bombers, Germany is also involved heavily in the industrial sector, plus the German intelligence service BND has relations to Iraq's Mukhabarat dating back to the late 70s, and Russia is always happy to put new life into former clients of its defense systems builders.

The problem with the Iraqi War was over-estimating our own abilities. It was rather clear that the Iraqi military is no equal opponent for us, they've bitten dust back in 90/91, so how should they do any better now, without modern weapons? What nobody wanted to consider, even though it's often been pointed out, is that Iraq has no democratic traditions, to them, it's a completely new system. I'm not even sure whether the population really is in favor of it. Also, severe mistakes have been made in the aftermath that destroyed any possibility of building a trusting relationship, it started with lacking efforts to quell the riots and lootings immediately after the fall of Saddam's regime.

Iraq isn't yet able to defend itself against the interior and exterior threats. So, our role should be reduced now to the one of an advisor, and supporter: Help Iraq solve its matters on their own, but don't solve them for them.

Sam1070

Experimental Member
Media
The war in Iraq was a big mistake for starters. The so called issues could have been settled diplomatically. The EU was right in its opposition to the US and UK's adventures. But now that the mess has been going on for three years, we can't just pick up and pull out immediately. Pull out we should, but in an orderly manner over time. A definite time-table should be established for pull out, then do it. So called democracy is not right for everyone. Let them (the Iraques) exercise self-determination in their own fashion.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
I doubt we will see any real invasion for the next years. Our forces are too thinned-out and too occupied with the fires they're already putting out, and setting new ones will be difficult. Also, I guess the public support this time will really be down, and be as immune against being raised as an impotent guy's dong.

I'm not so sure about this Claire. All it would take is another "attack" on American soil - simulated or otherwise, to justify another invasion that would be applauded by the sheeple.

History has proved this...Bay of Pigs, Pearl Harbour and 9/11.

War has always been about resources.

Support the troops..........send them home!

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
In the big picture sense, Bush had it right when he said that we are in a global war against terrorism. What many people fail to realize is that the Islamic Fundamentalists want nothing more than to destroy our civilization and way of life. There is no compromise, no middle-ground, no reasoning with them.
For the record, I want nothing more than to destroy our civilization and way of life. There is no compromise, no middle-ground, no reasoning with me.
RideRocket said:
Although the extremists represent only a small portion of Islam, they have a huge influence because of the oil money. Generally, they come in two forms - Salafists and Wahabists. The latter being the form of Islam Saudi Arabia practices. They wish to establish and subjugate everyone to Sharia in every country. So how do you overcome their agenda? Their form of hatred is fueled by taking advantage of the poor and uneducated. Establishing democracies, or at least governments that are open to free thought and ideas is a means to overcome extremism. It gives them no ability to take root. Iraq is just a start in that region.
I started to make a really long, drawn-out analogy, and then I realized that I don't care.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
The people in GITMO are considered prisoners of war and should be subject to military tribunals, not civil criminal laws. Therefore, they can be held pretty much indefinitely.
Do you actually agree with this position?

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
What treatment would that be?
- A roof over their head?
- Three meals a day?
- A bed to sleep in?
- The ability to practice their religion?
- To have air conditioning which until recently many soldiers there did not?
- To have legal counsel?
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DWTS00 said:
My reply is a bit harsh so those who are offended easily: DO NOT FUCKING READ IT! :D

I think we should stay and toughen up a bit, Kill as much as we can and not taking civilians into consideration, even women and children, they still can carry out attacks, I see them as fair game.
I basically agree with this.
DWTS00[B said:
After[/B] the terrorists, rebels and all the idiots are killed and the security/peace is established in Iraq, I think we should stay in our own goddamn country spend all that fucking money on us instead of other people and better ourselves and protect our homeland.
This, however, is just plain ridiculous. After all the idiots are killed, there will be no one left.