"Throw Homosexuals From a Mountain"...

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
A British Link Here :
Last night on Channel 4 an undercover reporter infiltrated a number of British mosques and recorded terror threats against "kuffaars" including women (second class citizens), gays, Jews, etc etc.
"Dispatches" highlighted the preachers of hate who target the young and impressionable Muslims.
The most vehement was a black American convert.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A British Link Here :

Well, let's actually put a link on the thread, then, although with the caveat that Dispatches has always reveled in a certain amount of cheap journalistic sensationalism, imho:

---> http://www.channel4.com/news/dispatches/article.jsp?id=1066

A Dispatches reporter attends mosques run by organisations whose public faces are presented as moderate and finds preachers condemning integration into British society, condemning democracy and praising the Taliban for killing British soldiers.

Prime Minister Tony Blair recently described tolerance as 'what makes Britain Britain' but in this extensive investigation Dispatches reveals how a message of hatred and segregation is being spread throughout the UK and examines how it is influenced by the religious establishment of Saudi Arabia.

Dispatches has investigated a number of mosques run by high profile national organisations that claim to be dedicated to moderation and dialogue with other faiths. But an undercover reporter joined worshippers to find a message of religious bigotry and extremism being preached.

He captures chilling sermons in which Saudi-trained preachers proclaim the supremacy of Islam, preach hatred for non-Muslims and for Muslims who do not follow their extreme beliefs - and predict a coming jihad. "An army of Muslims will arise," announces one preacher. Another preacher said British Muslims must "dismantle" British democracy - they must "live like a state within a state" until they are "strong enough to take over."

The investigation reveals Saudi Arabian universities are recruiting young Western Muslims to train them in their extreme theology, then sending them back to the West to spread the word. And the Dispatches reporter discovers that British Muslims can ask for fatwas, religious rulings, direct from the top religious leader in Saudi Arabia, the Grand Mufti.

Saudi-trained preachers are also promoted in DVDs and books on sale at religious centres and sermons broadcast on websites. These publications and webcasts disseminate beliefs about women such as: "Allah has created the woman deficient, her intellect is incomplete", and girls: "By the age of 10 if she doesn't wear hijab, we hit her," and there's an extreme hostility towards homosexuals.

The investigation reveals that the influence of Saudi Arabian Islam, Wahabism, extends beyond the walls of some mosques to influential organisations that advise the British government on inter-community relations and prevention of terrorism.

The Dispatches reporter attends talks at mosques run by key organisations whose public faces are presented as moderate and mainstream - and finds preachers condemning the idea of integration into British society, condemning British democracy as un-Islamic and praising the Taliban for killing British soldiers.

Undercover Mosque features interviews with moderate British Muslim figures who are speaking out against the influence of Saudi Arabia's extreme brand of Islam, which is seeking to overturn Islamic traditions of diversity and peaceful co-existence: "We are losing our children to extremists," says Haras Rafiq of the Sufi Muslim Council. Dr Al Alawi of the Islamic Heritage Foundation also warns: "If this continues, you will have extremist mosques in every corner of the UK. You will not have moderate Muslims walking on our streets anymore."

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<.>

Some of the technical planners, and other technical "experts" of Al-Quaeda network groups have been identified as converts. Their willingness and their fervor seema lot more ardent than born muslims', probably they're still thinking they have to prove their believes.

The mountain that they throw Homosexuals from, would that be Brokeback mountain?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do you keep posting topics that are so inflammatory and to which you have to know nobody will agree? Is this homework for a behavioral psychology class?

A British Link Here :
Last night on Channel 4 an undercover reporter infiltrated a number of British mosques and recorded terror threats against "kuffaars" including women (second class citizens), gays, Jews, etc etc.
"Dispatches" highlighted the preachers of hate who target the young and impressionable Muslims.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Any religion that convinces you that suicide is acceptable or even praise worthy is in my opinion a cult.

Currently, the vast expression or public face of Islam is cultish. It is really the dangerous expression of religion at this time in history. We have to find clever machiavellian ways to undermine it and quickly.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Every other day you post something like this. Hate exists. People hate me for who I am, people hate you for you are. My suggestion? Stop posting internet threads on it.

And for the record, I agre with NIC160

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Every other day you post something like this. Hate exists. People hate me for who I am, people hate you for you are. My suggestion? Stop posting internet threads on it.

And for the record, I agre with NIC160

A bit pompous, making a post telling someone else what they can or can't post. You may dislike seeing it, but as other people have responded, obviously it is of interest and concern to them.

Censorship is contrary to civil libertarian principles.

Nelly Gay, 'you go girl'.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Any religion that convinces you that suicide is acceptable or even praise worthy is in my opinion a cult.

Currently, the vast expression or public face of Islam is cultish. It is really the dangerous expression of religion at this time in history. We have to find clever machiavellian ways to undermine it and quickly.

In Islam, Suicide is forbidden.

Their ticket into paradise is dieing in the Jihad, the Holy War.

This isn't even in the Qu'ran, which (Apparently, I have not sat down and read it) preaches only peace, but is in the Muslim Traditions (the name of which currently escapes me), which are literally just traditions and collected sayings and teachings of Muslim Scholars rather than the work or the Prophet Mohammad.

The real problem isn't impressionable young muslims, or even Islam itself, but stupid old priests! In order to be a martyr, they need a Fatwa from an Imam to kill for the holy war. In other words, they need an all clear from a 'Holy Man' that this will be all fine and dandy with God.

While (certain) Imamas give out such Fatwas and endourse the Jihad, the bombings will continue.

In theory.

I suspect however that they'd find some sort of excuse; in reality the use of a religion to excuse acts of violence which they would probably commit anyway. It is human nature to be violent, it is human nature to think in terms of "us" and "them" and I doubt the issue of Islam is gonig to end any other way but bloodily at this rate.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A bit pompous, making a post telling someone else what they can or can't post. You may dislike seeing it, but as other people have responded, obviously it is of interest and concern to them.

Whose censoring? I simply suggested stop posting inflammatory stuff every other day. It gets a bit repetitive.

And I never said he couldn't post it. I simply offered my suggestion, since getting riled up on the same exact topic every other day doesn't really do any good.

You're reading WAY too much into a simple post.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

In addition, njqt said the same exact thing I did in this thread.

Don't be picking arguments, please.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regarding the original story:

DUH. This isn't news. Not anymore, anyway.

;)

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
In Islam, Suicide is forbidden.

Their ticket into paradise is dieing in the Jihad, the Holy War.

This isn't even in the Qu'ran, which (Apparently, I have not sat down and read it) preaches only peace, but is in the Muslim Traditions (the name of which currently escapes me), which are literally just traditions and collected sayings and teachings of Muslim Scholars rather than the work or the Prophet Mohammad.

I think that Islam has been hijacked by some and is expressing violence. I think it it human nature to be violent of a far fewer percentage of humanity in any given culure than there is percentages of people with a basic humanity to live and let live. The problem is that live and let live bunch rarely are able to violently subdue (not necessarily kill) the small violent factions within. It's a shame because a self cleansing would spare larger scale violence.

Islam in Britain and in the west in general should be far more vocal and should be known to turn in their own misbegotten. These perpetrators of violence should be shunned by their kind and just maybe the insanity will stop. If they find their lives incompatible for with western values they should go to their preferred cultural home to find sanctuary. Yeah, they may be Brits, French, German or American but a Pakistani descendant can go back to Pakistan and apply for citizenship taking with him/her what is good from the west and embrace what he feels is best of his/her culture.

Media
Is this the first line for a new verse of "Go Tell It In The Mountain?":biggrin1:

Q: What are a bunch of lawyers at the bottom of a lake?

A: A good start!

*Ba-dump-bump*

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I went to mosque with a friend in 1986 on Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles. They were preaching jihad then. A bomb threat was called in during the "service" and everyone had to leave the building.

Needless to say I never went back. In my opinion, Islam is a political movement not a religion.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
It did bother me. Here's Webster's online definitinon:

Main Entry: cult
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate -- more at [SIZE=-1]WHEEL[/SIZE]
1 : formal religious veneration : [SIZE=-1]WORSHIP[/SIZE]
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Now here is the definition from a Webster's printed dictionary copyrighted 1984 (my typing):

Cult:

1) A community or system of religious worship and ritual.
2) a. A religion or religious sect gen. regarded as bogus or extremist. b.Followers of such a religion or sect.
3) a. Obsessive devotion to a person, principle, or ideal. b. The object of such devotion.
4) An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric interest.

Can you see the substantial differences? I believe in conpiracies when shit like this happens. I guess my usage of the word cult is from the printed version and 2nd sense of usage on down. :)