Throwing together quick weeknight dinner...

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I am also a fan of slow cookers. I've found I have to braise meat or chicken first. I have BBQ short ribs slow cooking right now.

I love short ribs! I have a pot roast in mine right now, which is making the house smell divine.

I do think it helps to treat the meat before throwing it in the pot. I like to dust it in seasoned flower and sear it, myself. :smile:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I posted this in the cooking and baking thread, but it's easy and fast and what I'm having for dinner tomorrow! (I make it the night before)

Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Boil 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and cool and crumble
Chop a medium red cabbage
Chop 6 scallions
coarsely chop 3/4 cup cilantro
crush 2 packages of dry ramen noodles
Mix everything in a bowl season with Hawaiian sweet sea salt and chill over night (or for a few hours) to soften the noodles.
Dressing
6 TBL sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
mix and chill
Drizzle the dressing to taste over the salad. (This is one of my favorite dressing recipes.)

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I posted this in the cooking and baking thread, but it's easy and fast and what I'm having for dinner tomorrow! (I make it the night before)

Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Boil 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and cool and crumble
Chop a medium red cabbage
Chop 6 scallions
coarsely chop 3/4 cup cilantro
crush 2 packages of dry ramen noodles
Mix everything in a bowl season with Hawaiian sweet sea salt and chill over night (or for a few hours) to soften the noodles.
Dressing
6 TBL sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
mix and chill
Drizzle the dressing to taste over the salad. (This is one of my favorite dressing recipes.)

Nudey.will you marry me?

Your fella can come and live with us (for the nookie...you n him that is).

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nudey.will you marry me?

Your fella can come and live with us (for the nookie...you n him that is).

My toes are still thawing out from when I was in London last March. Much tooooo cold for me! But thank you for the nice compliment. My toes (and everything else) are happy in Honolulu!

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
My toes are still thawing out from when I was in London last March. Much tooooo cold for me! But thank you for the nice compliment. My toes (and everything else) are happy in Honolulu!

Well i don't live in London but i am happy to live in Honolululu baby and i only swear in Polish so you and your fella'd wouldnt get offended :smile:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here is another one that is quick, easy and delicious!

Sardine Salad
Cook short japanese rice.
In a bowl mix cut tomatoes and chopped onion and chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Put tomatoes, onions and cilantro mixture in a heap on top of the rice. Add two cans of whole sardines in oil to the top add some shiitake mushrooms and drizzle with soy sauce.