Tiger Mauling in San Fran zoo

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you but this is America and people/relatives never want to accept blame for their own/relatives' actions. It's so much easier to blame someone else:rolleyes:
Well if my kids were stupid enough to do that they would take the blame for what they did...but my kids aren't stupid! Hmmm...sounds like the beginnings of a new law in America...stupid people should not be allowed to breed....

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's very harsh to say those kids deserved to be killed for taunting the tiger. Come on now! There is an expectation that the dangerous animals in a zoo are safely held in their enclosures even if taunted.
Sorry to disagree, but anyone with an ounce of brain matter would know not to torment a wild animal! Hopefully, any animal...but we know that is not true now don't we?

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would have thought tigers are opportunistic hunters... humans are not it's natural food, but if there is nothing else going they will eat anything that moves, within reason. If the tiger is being taunted or perceives a threat in any way it will attack if cornered. They tend not to be overly aggressive animals in the wild... they don't fight unless they have to. There is a monastery in India where the monks rear tigers and they run around pretty much wild, they have food and are used to human contact... wonder why they don't eat people?

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think it's very harsh to say those kids deserved to be killed for taunting the tiger. Come on now! There is an expectation that the dangerous animals in a zoo are safely held in their enclosures even if taunted.

There is an expectation that people won't mess with the animals as well, so I guess both parties are at fault....

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to disagree, but anyone with an ounce of brain matter would know not to torment a wild animal! Hopefully, any animal...but we know that is not true now don't we?
They were just kids. One was 17 years old. Lots of people do dumb things especially when young. If I wanted everyone to die that I thought made stupid decisions, I'd be an angry bitter man. I've learned to accept that other people aren't always smart.

And they weren't that dumb because it was reasonable to expect that the tiger couldn't jump over the wall, figuring that the zoo was designed to keep the animal in.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well if my kids were stupid enough to do that they would take the blame for what they did...but my kids aren't stupid! Hmmm...sounds like the beginnings of a new law in America...stupid people should not be allowed to breed....

One report said that they made growling noises, another said they may have had sling shots.

I think human life is more valuable than a Tiger's.

Do your kids deserve to be killed if they make a dumb mistake?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is an expectation that people won't mess with the animals as well, so I guess both parties are at fault....
I'm sure the judgment will be in favor of the kid that died and it should be.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They were just kids. One was 17 years old. Lots of people do dumb things especially when young. If I wanted everyone to die that I thought made stupid decisions, I'd be an angry bitter man. I've learned to accept that other people aren't always smart.

And they weren't that dumb because it was reasonable to expect that the tiger couldn't jump over the wall, figuring that the zoo was designed to keep the animal in.
Well, that is because you live in California and just like me, you have seen your share of Hollywood so you know how stupid people can be! Of course I am sorry the kid or kids died, maybe someone else can learn from that, but the tiger should not have to bear the punishment for someone's stupidity. And as far as the tiger being shot and killed out of self defense, I say BULLSHIT! The zoos have dart tranquilizers on hand, why weren't they used?

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That poor beautiful tiger named Tatiana... the pictures of her laying dead are very sad. I feel worse for her than the tormentors.. they should have known better. Some say they are just reckless kids that did not know any better. I do not agree... the one guy did pay the ultimate price for sure...

partysexparty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
sorry. any two idiots can create the stupid human. my only regret and sadness here, is that the world lost a magnificient animal. (too many have been lost due to the "precious human life". why don't we just get rid of all the animals? more places to build houses. keep the animals in zoos. (or the other zoo. prisons. where we keep those "precious" humans.)

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
One report said that they made growling noises, another said they may have had sling shots.

I think human life is more valuable than a Tiger's.

Do your kids deserve to be killed if they make a dumb mistake?

What makes a human's life any more precious than any other species' life?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And the parents will have a hefty sum of money. Absolutely ridiculous, that they would be rewarded for not parenting well enough.
They'll be compensated for losing a child because some idiots didn't design the walls high enough to keep the tiger in its enclosure. The zoo should understand what the animals are capable of.