Tiger Mauling in San Fran zoo

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What makes a human's life any more precious than any other species' life?

Anyone in my family is more important than any animal will ever be. I would kill the last living Panda to save any of my family members lives.

Plus human are smarter than animals and we can create more of them at will.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Human life is precious. Think, Tim McVay, John Wayne Gacey, and all the other great humans.
And don't forget about those truly lovely men who took down the towers, and the pentagon, and the flight in Pennsylvania...lets not forget Manson, or Kenneth Bianchi or Ted Bundy, or the Zodiac Killer or the Son Of Sam, or the Night Stalker Richard Ramirez, or Hitler...so many fine examples of "human beings"...but let's kill tigers for being wild animals...yes, that's it, that makes sense!

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From your other posts I know you don't mean that ... in effect you're saying might makes right
I don't believe in an objective morality. The reality is animals can't defend themselves. That's why they don't have the same rights.

"Justice originates between parties of equal power." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Do you disagree?

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
living in synergy with our environment is essential to healthy living so we must have regard for the creatures that make up that part of our environment. We are not independent of the planet, we need it to survive.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Any visitor to a zoo, stupid or not, should be kept safely separated from potentially dangerous animals. That's elementary. These kids may have taunted and teased the tiger but don't kid yourself that this is the first times such a thing has ever happened. A zoo's designers and operators are still always responsible for the safety of the animals and the guests.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The tiger shouldn't have been put down. People shouldn't tease others whether it be other human beings or animals. I won't go and 'tease' a 6'5" man built like a brick shithouse. I wouldn't 'tease' a massive tiger either.

Also, a 20/30ft wall isn't a safe enclosure. Cats can jump that quite easily, especially when provoked.

If someone teases another human being or animal, they deserve to be punished for their insults/provocations. Whether it be a punch in the face from another man or an attack by a tiger. It's really stupid to get close to a tiger and even stupider to throw stones etc at it. When I'm at a zoo I stay well away from the big cats.

About 'they didn't know better': of course they did. I doubt those kids would start a fight with the toughest bully at school. They know they'd get twatted. But because it's just an animal it's okay? See what happens :rolleyes:

So in my view the people provoking the tiger were in the wrong. The enclosure could be more secure but how many years has that enclosure been there and how many tigers have escaped in that time? It's close to zero if I remember rightly.

When you insult a man, he's going to run after you. When you threaten a tiger, he's going to jump over the wall and defend himself.

Addendum:

According to the paper there were pinecones and sticks in the cage. Possibly thrown in ??? I go to that zoo at least once a month and the cages NEVER have such things in them. In fact the Animals usually don't even pay heed to the public unless someone bothers them. Its really sad that the young man lost his life but why did his friends lie to his parents when they called the boys looking for their soon to be deceased son two hours before the attack ??? The boys who had Carlos with them lied and said they didn't know where he was ??? Three boys and two have police records and seem like jerks seem to me the type to harass animals. Those Tigers in 12 years have never bothered or paid any attention to me while I looked at them. Even when little kids were crying or making a scene the animals were docile. I really feel for the kid that died but I feel the other two have a lot to tell and we haven't heard the truth yet. Animals are wild , yes, but they are used to people looking at them not bothering them.

Taken from: Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: The San Francisco Tiger- provoked?

Seems the majority opinion is in favour of the tiger. Two of the MEN also had police records.

Reading more into it. Two of them were fucking 19 and 23! I'm 22 and I've known for many years not to fuck with wild animals. Especially big ones. Also the attorneys have been called and the people involved are not talking. It's ridiculous.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One report said that they made growling noises, another said they may have had sling shots.

I think human life is more valuable than a Tiger's.

Do your kids deserve to be killed if they make a dumb mistake?
That doesn't even deserve an answer and that is soooo beneath you!

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They'll be compensated for losing a child because some idiots didn't design the walls high enough to keep the tiger in its enclosure. The zoo should understand what the animals are capable of.
Even though I agree with Act 2's viewpoint here, what you say is absurd...THERE IS NO COMPENSATION FOR LOSING A CHILD!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm gonna fuckin kill someone if they killed that tiger!

Yes, it was police who responded to the scene, not zoo staff. According to their report, they were forced to fire when their attempts to distract the animal from its attack on the boy resulted in her turning on them instead.

As much as I love the big cats, I cannot fault the police here.

Something my wife and I began doing a few years back was "adopting" exotic animals for each other for Christmas in lieu of buying stupid-ass gifts that are essentially a useless waste of money. For about $50, you essentially sponsor one of their 200+ rescued cats for a year...or they have other donation options.

Check them out at Tiger Haven

They'll be compensated for losing a child because some idiots didn't design the walls high enough to keep the tiger in its enclosure. The zoo should understand what the animals are capable of.

If anything, the parents of these idiots owe the zoo an enormous amount of money for the negative publicity and the loss of a very rare animal that was the product of an extensively planned breeding program designed to prevent their extinction.

The only thing the family deserves is a framed copy of the Darwin Award their idiot son is sure to be granted for his expeditious exit from the gene pool.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That doesn't even deserve an answer and that is soooo beneath you!

I see you've come to your senses and realize that your children are more important than all the Tigers on earth.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think anybody really wants any part injured or killed .. nobody wants the tiger to be injured or killed, nobody wants the loss of human life. The best that can come out of this sorry escapade is that the authorities will be more careful about how they keep the animals contained and that there is increased security to stop stupid people from taunting the animals.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, it was police who responded to the scene, not zoo staff. According to their report, they were forced to fire when their attempts to distract the animal from its attack on the boy resulted in her turning on them instead.

As much as I love the big cats, I cannot fault the police here.

Something my wife and I began doing a few years back was "adopting" exotic animals for each other for Christmas in lieu of buying stupid-ass gifts that are essentially a useless waste of money. For about $50, you essentially sponsor one of their 200+ rescued cats for a year...or they have other donation options.

Check them out at Tiger Haven
I do that too, thanks I will look into that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You just fucking don't have a clue do you?

The clue I find is that I hit a raw nerve.
:eek:

You have a right to your view which I am guessing is that if your child was killed by a Tiger you would not want it put down. And if you had to choose between the two the Tiger would win.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mem0101.. You just don't even realize how much that bullshit statement hurt 36DD. You really need to get a life.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mem0101.. You just don't even realize how much that bullshit statement hurt 36DD. You really need to get a life.

What Bullshit statement?

I love Tigers too. I just love my family more. Ask the lady who's young son dies who's side she's on. The kid was a jerk and he got what he paid for.

I understand that some think that all species life is equal, I disagree.

Can't we all just get along?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Even though I agree with Act 2's viewpoint here, what you say is absurd...THERE IS NO COMPENSATION FOR LOSING A CHILD!

Nothing is worse, not even the life of a tiger.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She never once said that she thought the kid should die you stupid shit. She was upset that the tiger was killed she was upset the kid died. She would never wish any one to die. She like a lot of other people here are upset that this sort of thing can happen at all. You really owe her an apology when she said to you that your response was not worth answering it was because she did not wish the kid to die and if you are so thick you didn't realize that go reread this thread.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
She never once said that she thought the kid should die you stupid shit. She was upset that the tiger was killed she was upset the kid died. She would never wish any one to die. She like a lot of other people here are upset that this sort of thing can happen at all. You really owe her an apology when she said to you that your response was not worth answering it was because she did not wish the kid to die and if you are so thick you didn't realize that go reread this thread.

If she asks for an apology I will give her one you stupid shit.

My guess is that she got pissed off because I pointed out that her child's life is more important to her than that of a Tiger. If that upset her so I will apologize.