Tiger Woods

buffyuna

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You're generalizing. As I said before, he should be proud of who he is, but, when it comes down to it, society sees him as being a black man. I was never one to dismiss mixed folks who like to claim all of their heritages. I was, however, taken aback by SmallPenisMan's earlier statement of "IF Tiger was black," and "real black people can't stand" Tiger and Obama because they're not black, whatever the hell that means. It's ridiculous.

Well I guess the difference here is how far we allow society to dictate our lives. Im not a radical or anything, but I try not to let stereotypes and other societal norms affect my perception of others. So if society views me as a basket ball playing, thugged-out mandingo, it doesnt mean I have to accept it and just deal.

buffyuna

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That SOUNDS great, but one must be realistic as well. If we are going simply by genetics as you suggest, then no Black American in this country should be able to soley claim "Blackness". We are all mixed.

And you claim none of us would say a peep if Tiger looked Asian yet claimed his Black side, well I'm willing to bet you that if most people in this country were Black and most people in power in this country were Black, Tiger Woods would most definitely be claiming "Blackness" instead of "Cablanasianness".

Lastly, Buffyuna you said "who cares if he looks Black". Ha, if it were only that easy. I've personally had enough experiences in my life to know that "looking Black" means a lot to a lot of people. And I will give you a guarantee it has nothing to do with any sort of self conciousness about being black.

Oh and by the way, I have never been attracted to Tiger woods but I must say, he looks great on the cover of that magazine. I have a weakness for treasure trails anyway so maybe that is fueling my desire. A great body is something he definitely has.:smile:

True many african americans are mixed, but I highly doubt that the average AA has the same amount of admixture as a "biracial" person. Besides I dont think genetics trump everything, I just dont understand how looks can cancel out a persons genetic makeup complimented with their cultural upbringing. Its not like he is the Average AA that has two black identifying parents.

And I said that blacks dont have a problem claiming people that dont look black because there is a crab in the barrel mentality. Since these people have some sort of hangup about their race (consciously or subcounscously), it kills them to see someone who "looks like them" reap the benefits of being mixed. Oh we love Kimora Lee who looks more Asian than anything, or Mariah Carey who sorta looks black if you squint enough...but as soon as beyonce claims creole all hell breaks loose.

Harold81

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
True many african americans are mixed, but I highly doubt that the average AA has the same amount of admixture as a "biracial" person. Besides I dont think genetics trump everything, I just dont understand how looks can cancel out a persons genetic makeup complimented with their cultural upbringing. Its not like he is the Average AA that has two black identifying parents.

And I said that blacks dont have a problem claiming people that dont look black because there is a crab in the barrel mentality. Since these people have some sort of hangup about their race (consciously or subcounscously), it kills them to see someone who "looks like them" reap the benefits of being mixed. Oh we love Kimora Lee who looks more Asian than anything, or Mariah Carey who sorta looks black if you squint enough...but as soon as beyonce claims creole all hell breaks loose.

Buffyuna with all due respect, I'm not sure if you live in the U.S. or not, but you are seriously downplaying appearance in America, or you have a totally unrealistic view of how "appearing Black" affect ones life here. Looks can EASILY cancel out a persons genetics simply because no one can SEE genetics. For example, Halle Berry has a white mother and was raised culturally by her white mother. However, she was discriminated against as a BLACK WOMAN. Before she was famous, no one knew she had a white mother because there are a million other Black women with two black parents that looked just like her. She LOOKED Black, and that canceled out everything else. The same has been true for Lenny Kravitz. When a biracial person who APPEARS to be black is being discriminated against, trying to explain your genetics at that moment means nothing. The offender can only see a Black face. A person who LOOKS Black in America trying to explain how Black they are NOT, is usually a exercise in futility because really no one cares if you are half white and you LOOK black. Whether it SHOULD be that way or not, that is the reality.

Regarding Black people claiming Blacks who don't "look black", well I personally don't believe it really has to do with a "crab in a barrel" mentality, which does exist in the Black community on some levels. I think it has more to do with Black people being a minority in America and the history of the American standard of the "one drop" rule. Black people are a minority like other minorities in this country, but Black Americans are a special minority in that no groups' experience has been quite that of Black Americans and because of that uniqueness, I believe we have desire to claim as many as we can.

Now, speaking as a Black person I had to laugh at your statement that our people hate to see Black people who are not biracial reap some sort of benefits for "looking" biracial. I've been black for a long time and that has not been my experience at all. Like I said in a earlier post, in the world we live in today in general, no one "wants to be black". So there is a tendency for some Black people to try to distance themselves from it if there is a opportunity. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a all Black environment, however that Black environment was as diverse of a Black community as they come. There were so many skin tones, and eye colors and hair textures, and facial features to behold, however we all just viewed ourselves as Black. And we all had Black parents. Black Americans are very much aware of the physical rainbow that we can appear, and we are very much aware of the desire for some to distance themselves from it. So in many cases, Black people will react negatively toward someone who tries to "parade" their non-black ancestry to the world. So one will often hear things such as, "my great great great great grandmother was a Indian", or "my great great great great grandfather was a white man from Louisiana, therefor I'm not Black, I'm Creole". Or you may have Black Superstars like Prince initially claim Italian ancestry during the years of his first few albums and cast a Greek woman as his mother in his movie Purple Rain, when BOTH OF HIS PARENTS ARE BLACK in reality. I may get in trouble for this one but, one will also often run into people with CLEAR African Ancestry replace race with nationality, so you will get a DIRTY look and hear, "I'M NOT BLACK, I'M PUERTO RICAN!". So I actually believe Black people see it more as some one trying to distance themselves from Blackness, more than some sort of twisted jealousy of reaping any kind of benefits for looking Biracial, which imo Beyonce does not appear to be (by the way, exactly who in her family is white? I think a lot of people would be surprised to know that many Black Americans with light skin, straight hair, or green eyes, have NO idea where it came from). Beyonce looks like a light skinned Black woman just like Halle Berry. American Blackness is more than just dark skin, kinky hair, full lips and wide noses. Most Black people had people who look like Beyonce in their neighborhoods, or schools, or in their own families, and those girls were Black. Period. Beyonce has two Black parents and two sets of Black grandparents, so all hell broke loose because again, many viewed her claim of creole as an attempt to distance herself from Blackness somehow. She may have creole ancestry, and she should be able to claim it, but as unfair as it may be, sometimes there is a price to be paid for that because in this world, no one "wants to be black".

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've definitely gotta weigh in on this...

I think his fame has brought him more problems than any of us could ever imagine. He probably has more money than any of us can imagine, too. Which of us in his shoes might act any different? I'm not holier than thou, and I'd probably be screwing every guy I could buy if I had that kind of money. I DO realize though, that doing so would never fill the figurative hole in my soul, if you understand what I mean.

All this to say, I really wish the man well.
DP

Last edited:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sex is like a game of golf - after you've played the front 9 holes, you go for the back 9. :smile:

Geez I really fucked up that joke! *face palm*
What I meant was he should have stopped at nine mistresses, then he could have treated sex like a game of golf.

dr_pepper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have a theory about the rich and famous and history seems to support it. When you're rich and powerful you will have sex with ANYONE who says yes. Why?? Because you can. These guys can have any of the beautiful people in the world that they desire, be they man or woman. I have always believed we're all somewhat bisexual, and this site is kind of validation for that.

Think you are right on.

I had a woman friend who was married to a guy who was a VP of a big insurance company. In his position he managed to do women easily. What he was missing out on was that his wife was very hot. After finding out what he was up to, she started having her own fun.

Guess when you have women (or men) throwing themselves at you it is hard to resist.

I remember reading about a famous golfer from a number of years back, who had women throwing their motel keys his way, or being across from where he was putting and spreading their legs so he could look up their dress. Such lovely temptations are rough on a man :)

goliath65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tiger has bug eyes...I don't care what his ex mistress/friend says .I doubt over 7 with girth under 6 imo

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I gather golfers are the most desirable pro athletes for marriage-minded women. Not sure why, as the income isn't guaranteed (except for those at the highest levels). But take a look at golfer's wives... it just makes me shake my head.

Well its a well known fact that all golfers are good swingers ........!!!!

lesteasy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
From yesterday. I've seen better bulge shots, but hadn't quite seen one on Tiger before. Decent enough.
e3ef66e5-39f7-45c4-8854-0a3ddd0750e2.jpg