Tight Jeans

HornyVeteranSJ: I've always wondered what the deal is about guys and tight jeans. I can understand why girls try to pack themselves into those tight jeans, it's all about showing off the goods. But do guys wear tight jeans for the same reason? I wear for the most part baggy jeans, as I like the extra room and the air circulation. I know alot of older guys despise baggy jeans. I'm not asking this question like tight jeans are wrong or anything, just curious.
Mike

Slutbunny: Well, i have long slender legs. And when i where tight jeans, I just look good in them... I don't wanan sound huberous but its true. Baggy jeans aren't my style.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I look good in tight jeans too, for the same reason. But then I realized that tight jeans were out.

As for why guys wear tight jeans, one reason actually is connected to the reason tight jeans are out: It's a way of showing off -- to other guys. Hip hop homophobia did the rest.

Javierdude22: Have tight jeans ever been IN style then? I know people wore them in the eighties, but they also passed of safety pins as 'accesories' and clashing was actually the rave. I could go on...

The thing is, Ive notcied Americans have a differenyt opinion on what is considered 'tight'. In Germany you can still find the occasional 'can you crowbar me out of here' jeans with might actually suck vacuum. That is what we consider tight here, normal classic jeans are just that...'normal'.

So between the baggy, classic cut, and supertight jeans, I wear the classic cut usually, depends on the brand.

BRMSTN69: I wear tight jeans when I go out not to show off my package but because I HAVE A GREAT ASS not to brag but it is my best feature(other than my eyes, but who's looking at my eyes in a dark and smokey bar?)I have some issues about my apperence so I show off my best parts whenever I can.

(my apperance issues stem from a bad accident and I've had several surgies to put my face back together again but, thanks to a great sugeron and a lot of wire I almost look good again)

HornyVeteranSJ: Thank Jonb, Double and Slutbunny for your replies. Jonb, you raised an interesting concept that I thought about before but didn't want to dismiss it as showing off. Never even really thought about it being a submissive way of showing off buldges, or other assets to other guys. How much of that is true is a good question also. Based on that assumption, is it safe to say that it's part of the country-music "lifestlye?" While I was in the military, I had a friend that always went clubbing/bar hopping in Phoenix. Well I was into hip hop, and he was into country. What a pair we were. I'd let him borrow some of my clothes when we went to the hip hop clubs. When we would go to a country line dance club, or bar, I'd wear one of his 5 gallon hats. He always would ask when I was going to get my Wranglers jeans and boots. Now he was 34, about 6'1", 160 and I was 23, 6'5", 200 at the time. I hated my legs, being so tall and I thought they were too skinny to rock a pair of tight jeans. He was thin too but since he was shorter, he looked better in them. LMAO, so the last time we went to a country bar, I had on one of his country shirts with my baggie blue jeans, My brown Timberland boots and one of his hats to match the shirt and boots. I was sharp. Back to the thread a little more, do you think he wanted me to just look the part more by wearing the tight jeans? Or was it part of that submissive way of me showing my size? The tight jeans thing? For the record, he was divorced and had custody of his 2 sons. I believe he was straight.

HornyVeteranSJ: Thanks BRMSTN and Javierdude for your replies too. Y'all replied while I was typing my reply. Classic cut are the straight leg types with a little tapper right? I guess tight jeans are more like wranglers and Levi 501's or something like those.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Ah, yes, hip hop meets country. The old "black guy meets white guy" cop movie, as best illustrated in movies like 48 Hours, where both cops are brain-damaged*.

I think country just keeps the tight jeans sort of out of tradition. Jeans began as work clothes, after all. And they're perfect for ranchers.

brain damage noun complete ignorance of alternatives to one's preference, most commonly expressed by the majority.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by BRMSTN69@Jun 28 2004, 11:07 PM
I wear tight jeans when I go out not to show off my package but because I HAVE A GREAT ASS
You took the words right out of my mouth! I have a pair of distressed leather jeans that show off my ass to great advantage, but since they can't help but show off my cock as well, I only wear them to the bars.

HornyVeteranSJ: Glad I'm not brain damaged!!! ^_^ I could have stayed with the same old hip hop routine, but I wanted to learn about and experience different things. Love alternative and some metal. Shoot, I've climbed mountains and went camping and tubing, things I would have never thought of back here. I can see the reason of the ranchers wearing jeans, just why the tight ones? (another generalization)

suthn_gigolo: so are there any good brands that show the goods comfortably that have been field tested out there? :)

BRMSTN69: well my faveriotes are Levis 501's and Arizonia (from JC Penny) the Levie's are fine but I've found the Arizonias have a more flattering cut (but to really show off try a pair goverment issue camo's they really show off your ass and crotch)

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I cant get ANY guy who wears blue denim jeans in this day and age

it is SO over

I am not a cowboy and it is NOT 1984 anymore people ...

i think the last time i wore ANY type of jeans was about 1987 adn I am sure they were NOT tight in anyway

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it might depend on where you live.
In the south EVERYONE wears jeans, all ages,
all the time...and not just cowboys.

The jeans i see people wearing most
are the distressed ones that DMW mentioned.

when i lived in NYC, i didnt see
blue denim jeans as often...
but that was just last year (not 1984),
and they were definately not cowboys.

Maybe they are not popular with teens anymore,
i dont know.
i am really only noticing people in their late twenties-late thirties, admittedly.

Jeans, as long as they arent completely baggy,
show off the body very well...
but i've never found the really tight ones OR the really baggy ones particularly attractive

BRMSTN69: jeans have one endearing quality, the older the get the better they look, um... make that two because the true classics NEVER go out of style!!!

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by thirteenpointhree@Jun 30 2004, 03:53 AM
I cant get ANY guy who wears blue denim jeans in this day and age

it is SO over

i think the last time i wore ANY type of jeans was about 1987 adn I am sure they were NOT tight in anyway
If jeans are so over, why do so many people still wear them??? Because they are NOT over and never will be. Jeans are here to stay as they are comfortable and get better feeling with each wearing.

You don't have to be a cowboy to appreciate a good pair of jeans. :) Once they get a little worn they are so fantastic to wear when freeballing. :D

If you've not worn jeans since 1987 then you have missed out on some comfortable clothes.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by thirteenpointhree@Jun 30 2004, 01:53 AM
....it is SO over

It's amusing that you cite a period of time a mere 20 years ago. Jeans have been around since the 1870's (not 1970's!) and have been popular as casual wear in some circles since just after WWII. In the 4-decade period following the war, they became increasingly popular in widening circles. So, jeans have a long, enduring legacy, of which 20 years is really too little to judge by. In fact, the last 20 years just represent a series of bad miscalculations by jeans makers, after which the original styles will probably re-emerge.

You are correct in pointing to the period from the mid 70s through 80s, because this is the time period in which designers and manufacturers began to destroy the jean, in the name of improving it. The waning popularity today, in my opinion, is the result of the industry's own actions. However, I predict that the original, pre-improvement version of the jean will once again come back.

Jeans originally became popular as casual wear for several reasons:

1) They were cheap.

2) They were not pretentious.

3) They were durable.

4) They were pragmatic, simple, and universal, so you didn't have to waste time thinking what goes with what, and didn't care that everyone else was wearing the same thing.

5) Despite being designed as workwear, they provided a flattering fit on the human body. By flattering, I mean that they showed off the body well, but were not overtly exhibitionist.

The late 1970s saw the disco jean, then the whole designer jean thing began to heat up in the 80's. However, if you consider the original points of merit above, the designer jean industry decided to destroy all of them, and then was astonished that the popularity of their product waned. First, $12 Levis (which is what I actually did pay for US made Levis for years) became replaced by $50+ jeans, which despite the higher price, obviously didn't cost the manufacturer any more to make (and probably cost less, since they came from offshore sweatshops). Thus, jeans became pretentious, with people paying for perceived status, not intrinsic value. Further, since jeans were now a fashion item, rather than made as workwear, durability became a secondary consideration, further eroding value. People even paid to have them pre-worn-out, which I always regarded as absurd. As a result of all the fashion conscious styles, jeans were no longer simple, further negating their original virtues.

But, the biggest area where jeans seem to have lost track is in terms of fit. First designers embarked on a trend where the flattering fit was changed, going from appealing and mildly suggestive to overtly exhibitionist. In those years, we saw all the tight jeans, and the very suggestively cut jeans, the ultra-low rise, etc. Not surprisingly, that trend didn't last long with everyone, as after about a decade some people got tired of looking like sluts and whores, and being uncomfortable to boot. Plus, there was the horrifying spectacle of the aging baby boomers (I'm one myself, although I'm in better shape now than when 25) trying to wear such clothes; no wonder it put the younger generation off!

However, the industry decided it didn't want to go back to promoting the basic, tradition jean, and instead responded with clothes that fit so poorly as to obscure the human form altogether. While some percentage of the population apparently does want to go around looking like they are wearing a potato sack for clothes, in pants that fit like a diaper with a big load in it, neither I, no anyone I know, does.

But, not only does the industry mostly promote two ranges of absurd styles at the expense of the one that works for most people, but they have also screwed with the traditional style as well. For example, Levis will swear that their "original" 501 shrink-to-fit (not the preshrunk!) are made to the same pattern as always. Perhaps, but I now have to bring a tape measure when I shop, because the labels now understate the waist size by 3 inches. So, instead of buying a 36, I now have to buy 501s marked 33, which actually measure 35.5 inches, to get the same fit as before. (Note: this does not apply to the preshrunk.) Last time I bought a pair, I had an argument with the salesperson, who said they would never fit. I showed him the tape measure, and assured him I had been wearing this measurement since before he was born. The receipt got stamped "No return" and we were both happy. (They fit perfectly, just like my old ones, after a nice hot wash.)

Someday, all this lunacy will pass, and we will get the simple, basic, flattering jean again. Cheap, durable, comfortable pants that give even me a bit of a butt, have a crotch that looks like a man, but aren't too tight or too loose.