Tight Jeans

HornyVeteranSJ:
But, the biggest area where jeans seem to have lost track is in terms of fit. First designers embarked on a trend where the flattering fit was changed, going from appealing and mildly suggestive to overtly exhibitionist. In those years, we saw all the tight jeans, and the very suggestively cut jeans, the ultra-low rise, etc. Not surprisingly, that trend didn't last long with everyone, as after about a decade some people got tired of looking like sluts and whores, and being uncomfortable to boot. Plus, there was the horrifying spectacle of the aging baby boomers (I'm one myself, although I'm in better shape now than when 25) trying to wear such clothes; no wonder it put the younger generation off!

Too funny but I agree!!! I came along during the bicentennial, so I can't remember the disco jeans, but do remember the Sergio Valenties and Jordace commercials of the 80s, and witnessed how jean fashion and prices have changed.

However, the industry decided it didn't want to go back to promoting the basic, tradition jean, and instead responded with clothes that fit so poorly as to obscure the human form altogether. While some percentage of the population apparently does want to go around looking like they are wearing a potato sack for clothes, in pants that fit like a diaper with a big load in it, neither I, no anyone I know, does.

Lmao. Like it was said earlier it's due in part of the homophobic hip hop culture, skaters, etc. Any kind of jeans that show off ANY of the manly goods or the butt is too gay and ridiculed. I don't subscribe to that notion, but heard it plenty of times. But it's funny. If you look back to the early days of hip hop, they all wore tight fitting clothes up until about '84-'85...around the time of stonewash rage. Then something happened in the society/industry that changed everything.

Someday, all this lunacy will pass, and we will get the simple, basic, flattering jean again. Cheap, durable, comfortable pants that give even me a bit of a butt, have a crotch that looks like a man, but aren't too tight or too loose.

Yep styles do go through cycles, moreso for females then males when it comes to jeans. Just curious to know what you meant by "have a crotch that looks like a man, but not too tight or loose." Is that going back towards...
It's a way of showing off -- to other guys.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by ericbear@Jun 30 2004, 11:17 AM
For example, Levis will swear that their "original" 501 shrink-to-fit (not the preshrunk!) are made to the same pattern as always. Perhaps, but I now have to bring a tape measure when I shop,
Have you also noticed that the leg is much wider and the "cuff" area is now several inches wider than it used to be? They seriously pissed off this gay guy who has worn 501's as "uniform" for about 20 years! :angry: :angry:

steve_w: For me, I never really got into the hip-hop and baggy stuff. I grew up in the lage 80's and early 90's, during the "transition" period. That was when the tight jeans went out, and the baggy look with the underwear hanging over the top came in.

I never really got into why people liked that baggy look at all, and I stuck with my "metalhead" look even to this day. For me, I am a rather skinny person, at 5 ft 9 inches, and 130 pounds, with a 28 inch waist, and a 42 inch chest. I've gained a whopping 20 pounds since high school, but it's all been in muscle. It's obvious that I am in good physical condition today, but I was rather skinny as a high school kid.

I have never really liked pants that the inseam does not meet my crotch, or any pant for that matter that has a ton of excess fabric in the legs slopping around. For shirts, I like the sholders of the shirt to be on top of my sholders. I am an active person, I walk quite a few miles in a day, and I have a fast pace that few people can keep up with. My job requires me to climb ladders and crawl into equipment cabinets. Because of this, I don't want to worry about pants falling down as I do my job. Not to mention, I want the material hanging off of me to be under control and not slopping aroun all over the place. I don't wear skin tight clothing, but do wear a much closer fit than what is typically in style today.

THen there's the showing off part. Yes, I am in good physical condition. Why should I hide my body's shape with baggy sloppy clothing. I think that when the butt of the pants meets the natural shape of the person's butt that it's much more attractive than having a bunch of excess, loose material hanging around that person's thighs...it's just unattractive, and unprofessional no matter how much you paid for that suit...GO TO A TAILOR, OR BUY THE CORRECT SIZE!!!

One can wear clothing that fits and still be comfortable...in fact for me, wearing clothing that is not excessively baggy is in fact more comfortable

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
There have been some interesting posts here. I guess tight is relative like much else. Indeed, by the styles that are popular with very young guys today what I wear would be considered tight. I guess I perfer to call it fitted. I don't like the baggy look with all the fabric flopping around either.

Actually, I like the way a more fitted jean keeps my equipment in place. There are times when I want or need more room for sports and a like, but usually I would rather have my jeans keep things from going all other the place, so to speak. Obviously, with a fitted jean there is a bulge which is noticeable, but most of the time I don't really care about that. I know some hung guys find tight jeans uncomfortable, but I have never felt that way unless they are very tight. And, denim does have the ability to stretch as time goes by, so accomodating the equipment usually.

I think there is nothing wrong with showing one's shape male or female so long as circulation is not cut off; then it could cause injury of some sort. And, I have to admit I am a sucker for the low rise styles on myself and ladies who are built for it.

Jack

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
My jeans are loose fit. I am a thunder thighs person. Altough I have worn tighter ones, they're black because then they would be too revealing. Actually, they're probably murder for the ass fanatics out there. :lol:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I see people wearing jeans all the time...I don't see a lot of cowboy type jeans like Wranglers and stuff, but around here, people are more into more "upscale" kinds of jeans. The last couple pairs of jeans I bought I paid far too much for, but I think they look good--distressed denim, relaxed fit. I bought them at a designer "boutique" that only sells jeans. THey had several styles of jeans, but after trying on the different styles, I found one style that fit me best. The low slung style didn't look good on me--made the bulge WAY too obvious. The slim fit was too narrow in the thighs for me. The relaxed fit was the best for me and they are comfortable. Size 33 fits me great and I get compliments on them everytime I wear them, so I guess they must look good. I can dress them up or wear the with sandals and an untucked linen shirt and go out to eat sitting outside on a patio.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Prepstud, I completely agree. While 'tight' is relative... falling down/comfortable/fitted/snug/tight/too tight/can't breathe.... sometimes I find the options too much. I hate shopping for jeans, but I find them the mot comfortable. Time was, I could go into the Gap and grab a pair of 31/34 and walk out, knowing they'd fit perfectly. Now, I can try on 10 pairs that are all the same style and size, and they all fit differently. I freaking felt like Goldilocks last time! I showed the guy how one pair fit (almost OK), then the next pair, same size, I could pull out from my stomach about four inches. He just shrugged.

I did buy a pair of the low rise jeans recently that I'd consider fitted (Diesel). Unlike you, though I really liked how they really showed off my basket. I figure if I'm feelling modest, I can always wear it with a shirt out to cover up.

There was a time though that I was very embarrassed by the bulge. On spring break in Mexico during college, I was 19 yo, I tried on a pair of black leather jeans, thinking quality and price were at my advantage. However, when I stepped out of the dressing room the 2 sales girls immediately looked at my basket and there eyes sorta popped, and then they smiled big. And I sorta thought they were a little too roomy LOL

Moral of the story: Even if the jeans arent' tight, they can still still show tremendous basket :lol:

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@Jul 5 2004, 07:29 AM
"Basket?" that's a new term for me! :lol:

So that's what people go shopping with.
LOL Yeah, I know "basket" is more of an American term. I've never thout that pouch, package, box, etc were ever appropriate for my..... basket. :p

Maybe we need a new topic for slang !

bigbutnothuge

Cherished Member
Media
I hadn't worn jeans since 1998 and bought a pair last year. Before I had mostly worn either Levi SIlver Tab or Structure which were around $30. Last year I bought a pair of Dockers jeans ( I normally wear like Dockers-type pants, the more casual khaki ones) and I figured they would be normal fitting since I didnt think DOckers was a baggy hip hop brand. To my surprise, there was enough room in the ass to fit a basketball in there. The odd thing was that was the only really baggy part-there was just so much excess material in the seat. I felt like a skinny guy ( I'm not) wearing a pair of Michael moore's jeans.

I had stopped wearing jeans previously when my first serious girlfriend started buying me clothes and expressed her interest that I not " dress like a teenager." Its funny now when I look at guys and the way they dress and they seem to dress younger and sloppier now compared to how I dressed in my late teens. When I was an adolescent I wore jerseys and baseball caps,but then I grewup up. I dont understand 30 something year old men dressing that way. I dont understand tight jeans either, but its probably more appropriate to dress "fitted" than with your pants hanging off your ass and a shirt that looks like a dress.

wmrobt

Just Browsing
Media
I've been buying Wrangler jeans at WalMart (about $16 a pair) forever. I'm a 34 waist and 34 inseam and my legs aren't huge or anything, so the straight cut fits me about right. When new or just washed, they are a little tight in the crotch up to the waistband, but after a couple hours, that stretches out.

Usually package myself in briefs when wearing jeans, to make a nice but not too obvious bulge. I'll usually avoid boxer-briefs (what I wear under looser clothing) to keep my package from growing down my right leg.

Though the jeans are sometimes a little tight, I carry enough junk in my front pockets (keys, etc.) to compensate for my basket and make it less obvious.

I recently bought a pair of loose fit jeans in my usual size (same brand and everything) and I felt like the pants were big enough for another person to jump in with me.

average Joe

Just Browsing
Media
I wear jeans everywhere I go. When I assume room temperature I think they will bury me in my jeans. BUT... I cannot wear tight jeans. I have big thighs and calfs and it just irritates the hell out of me to have tight jeans on. Plus it squishes the twins and I cannot take that either.

On the other side of the coin, I hate those baggy pants the teens have been wearing. You know, with their drawers hiked up and their waistline of the jeans at their crotch. I hate that look.

Just relaxed fit for me!

average Joe

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I can't deny alot of Americans still wear jeans , I was there only a few weeks ago and in the south (hell even in LA) I did see alot of people wearing jeans.

In Sydney, I would be lucky to see maybe 5% of people wearing jeans and to me they look so out of fashion and dated but that might just be me. They seem to me to be the lazy option for people who coudn't care less about fashion and are going more for the comfort factor. But if you wanna do that go wear a nice tracksuit :)

And I stated 1984 as being the heyday for jeans as it appeared to be that they were extremely popular and acceptable around that time, I am not quoting 1880 as a year because simply I wasn't there and have no clue what was popular during that time, I am quoting from my experience in my lifetime which is quite understandable I think.

so cowboys :) enjoy those jeans, somebody gotta keep those companies in business !

hung_uk

Just Browsing
Media
People here in the UK wear jeans, but they tend to be the trendy distressed ones. I myself have a few pairs of these, complete with ragged hemlines, faded colour, etc. I agree that orthodox jeans (i.e. non-distressed ones) are played-out.

Jeans definitely accentuate my bulge more than other trousers. If I get a semi, stares are inevitable.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
accentuating my bulge is why I wear levis...501's....and I will never give 'em up. ripped, torn, skin and parts showing...it's all good.

novmode

Just Browsing
Media
It almost seems as if many people are saying that jeans are only in style in america and no where else. I've been in Europe (allbeit primarily Greece) since mid May, and Jeans are very much the style here. The main group of people who I have seen that do not wear jeans? You guessed it, American tourists. Cargo style Kakhai pants are almost a dead giveaway that someone is a tourist around here. And the occasional pair of HUGE jeans that you could nail to the mast of a ship and set full sail. I have also met a variety of tourists from other cultures as well, Germans and Itallians both seem to like jeans. The Sweedish do not, but most of the Sweeds i have met were older(40s-50s). The English I have met seem to Enjoy jeans as well.

Now obviously what i said is not absolute, all I am saying is that in MY observations this is what *I* have noticed.

Now a little background on myself. Up until my trip the only jeans i wore were somewhat baggy, not huge in comparison to what i have seen, but big none the less. I used to think that this style was 'cool'. before i left for my trip i decided it was time for a style change as I hate looking like a tourist when i travel, which is why i rarely carry around a camera. So I headed to New York and splurged (for the first time in my life) at a designer clothing shop in Astoria trying to get a good Euro Look going on. I think i succeeded

Now, I wear tight jeans that show off the bulge (i have jack shit compared to most of you guys, esp since i'm a grower, really my only noteworthy penille trait is my thickness). Mainly i wear Disel, Se7en is nice too. I didn't get any Levi's since i figured they woudln't be very European, boy was I wrong... they are VERY popular and they are EXPENSIVE out here. Levi 501's are around 120 Euro... .80 Euro = 1 USD, yes the Euro is worth more than the USD... This translates to something like 130-150 USD (i'm to lazy to actually do the math, but not lazy enough to type this explanation).

I'm completely addicted to 'tight' jeans now, they seem so normal and natural to me that i doubt i could ever go back to wearing baggies. I always catch myself thinking about how i wish they were a little tighter in the legs, or something like that. I even bought one pair that was a size to small, I rarely wear them, only to the clubs, but my oh my how they show off EVERYTHING.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About 90% of the time I wear baggy cargo slacks; but when I go dancing with a couple of g/f's, it has gotta be jeans...and Levi 501s. Yea, it is crowded in there at first, but the motion and sweat loosen them up. Is there a bulge? probably, but I try not to think about it.

When I visit my English or Texas cousins, again it is Levi 501's; however, in Texas you have to wear boots. Talk about walking funny...a greenhorn in boots.

jay

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by thirteenpointhree@Jul 17 2004, 08:59 PM
They seem to me to be the lazy option for people who coudn't care less about fashion and are going more for the comfort factor...
Bingo! That's me. For me, wearing jeans says I have something better to think about than clothes.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Cowboys wear jeans.
Indians wear (or rather, wore; we wear just a T-shirt and jeans anymore) a loincloth and chaps.

Yeah, the Old West was pretty gay, and not just San Fran.