Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
onvideo:
Hannity calls tea party GOPers “Tim McVeigh wannabees” — and they cheer! - Daily Kos TV (beta)
Transcript:
HANNITY: See, can I add one thing? I think we won the debate.
DREIER: We did win the debate.
HANNITY: When you think about the vast majorities that they have in Congress and they had to bribe, backroom deals, corruption, that’s all because the tea party movement, the people — all these Tim McVeigh wannabes here.
(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)
HANNITY: Guys, thank you for being here.
(CROSSTALK)

SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Finally a bit of honesty on Fox News. When are we going to 'fess up that this overt disdain of our political system is inherently unpatriotic. You want to bring down the democratic political system in place, stop waving your flags. Yes, Teabaggers, you and Tim McVeigh have an awful lot in common.

I'm sorry to be on such a rant lately, but the vitriolic hypocrisy coming from the far right has reached the point to where it not only sickens me, but makes me mad. Sean Hanity and the rest of his ilk have substitued serious political discourse with opportunistic demogougery. I am beginning to wonder how close we are coming to the mindless political fervor which gripped our nation in the early 1950's. I guess I'll know when the book burnings begin again.

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't tell if the crowd heard the McVeigh comment. They had already started cheering. But Hannity? WTF was he saying? Was it sarcasm, or criticism of the Tea Party rhetoric or something? I have no idea.

It sounded like he was saying it was a GOOD thing...but I'd need to see a longer clip to know WTFFFFFF was going on.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
S. Hannity a fan of Tim McVeigh? This news doesn't surprise me at all.

Beagle8

Just Browsing
Media
Oh bnrother.
This is pitifully taken out of context. I can understand why you might jump to that incorrect conclusion if the quoted part were all you heard. Prior to the quoted part, Hannity was complaining that Teabagger critics are falsely casting Teabaggers as McVeigh wannabees. [a legitimate criticism btw]

To be clear - Hell no! Hannity does NOT glorify McVeigh, nor does any sane human. To take this out of context to try to make him sound evil is ridiculous. There are a lot of LEGITIMATE criticisms of Hannity - try using one next time.

Media
Oh bnrother.
This is pitifully taken out of context. I can understand why you might jump to that incorrect conclusion if the quoted part were all you heard. Prior to the quoted part, Hannity was complaining that Teabagger critics are falsely casting Teabaggers as McVeigh wannabees. [a legitimate criticism btw]

To be clear - Hell no! Hannity does NOT glorify McVeigh, nor does any sane human. To take this out of context to try to make him sound evil is ridiculous. There are a lot of LEGITIMATE criticisms of Hannity - try using one next time.
ok, how about: He's an evil son of a bitch and the things he and his fellow Murdoch minions spew on Faux News DOES create the very same McVeigh wannabes he was talking to?

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i havent seen the clip so i can not really frame the context....but what worries me is these people have gone from ratings-chase balbbermouthing to encroaching on Schenck and Brandenburg territory.

Last edited:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok, how about: He's an evil son of a bitch and the things he and his fellow Murdoch minions spew on Faux News DOES create the very same McVeigh wannabes he was talking to?
Please name one opinion that Hannity has supported that has led to a single Tim McVeigh wannabe.

What Beagle8 said is correct. Hannity was making fun of the outlandish claims of liberals when he said that. Anyone who honestly thinks Tim McVeigh is Hannity's hero is a complete moron. Plain and simple.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Oh bnrother.

To be clear - Hell no! Hannity does NOT glorify McVeigh, nor does any sane human. To take this out of context to try to make him sound evil is ridiculous.

That is incorrect as Hannity did not phrase his comments that way at all. The youtube video in my post shows his comments in their full context, as does the OP. Note Hannity had just puzzled speakers McCarthy and Dryer by making the statement "I think that we <Republicans> won the < health care > debate...all because the Tea Party movement..the people..all these Tim McVeigh wannabees here".

YouTube - Did Hannity Call His Audience "Tim McVeigh Wannabes"?

Last edited:
Media
Please name one opinion that Hannity has supported that has led to a single Tim McVeigh wannabe.

What Beagle8 said is correct. Hannity was making fun of the outlandish claims of liberals when he said that. Anyone who honestly thinks Tim McVeigh is Hannity's hero is a complete moron. Plain and simple.
Sean Hannity | Media Matters for America
take your pick of incendiary comments.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then you're fooling yourself. Unless you think instigators don't exist.
Like I said earlier, just give me one opinion. Name one opinion that Hannity "spews" that creates a Tim McVeigh.

Linking me to a page with a bunch of Hannity quotes and videos (half of which distort what he is saying) is not enough. I mean c'mon, the first title is "Hannity admits, "I'm just trying to get this leader defeated". How on earth would that inspire anyone to go kill 160+ people?

Last edited:

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Look obviously Hannity doesn't want to make it obvious taht he is trying to create McVeighs but you can pretty much tell that most of the repugnicant party is actively promoting terrorism.