Tim Russert dead of heart attack @ 58

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stunning news today in the journalism world...

Anchorman and Meet the Press host Tim Russert collapsed today in NBC's Washington news bureau of an apparent heart attack and later died.

This grabbed my attention, aside from the obvious reason, because he had just returned yesterday from a trip to Italy. My wife and I have seen an episode of Dr. G: Medical Examiner where a man of similar age died suddenly after a transatlantic flight. The mystery diagnosis turned out to be a pulmonary embolism, a condition aggravated by long periods of being sedentary...such as on a long flight in a cramped seat with little movement. Deep vein thromboses in the legs break free and travel to the heart, usually causing death.

I would be surprised if this were not discovered to be the cause of today's sad event.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuckin' A... this sucks... Big Russ has to bury his son. :frown1:

Your armchair postmortem diagnosis is most likely spot on Hazelgod, you must have a bit of pathology in your DNA.

Tim was the only television journalist that people actually respected. I never heard anyone talk over him... left or right. He will be SADLY missed.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I didn't watch him often, but I liked the way he could ask the hard questions in ways that seemed fair.
Heart attacks. Strange things. Every male in my family goes that way.

The mystery diagnosis turned out to be a pulmonary embolism, a condition aggravated by long periods of being sedentary...such as on a long flight in a cramped seat with little movement.
This of course is plausible.
But I wonder if Russert wouldn't have been traveling in a relatively spacious part of the plane. On his level, that would be more usual, I think. He would have had more room in his seat and the option of moving around frequently.
But this is just a guess.

Last edited:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Friday the 13th

Strange you mention that.

First of all , RIP Tim Russert. He was a great journalist and one of the few people who was truly unbiased.

But have yall noticed that since 12 am there has been a double murder in Oklahoma , R Kelly was acquitted , a jailbreak in Kandahar teh set free 1150 prisoners including 400 Taliban members , and Tim Russert leaves us ?

All in all a shitty day. And it's only 4:12 pm.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shitty day? R. Kelly got acquitted there is nothing shitty about that.

And I would not doubt hazelgods diagnoses. Regardless of whether he had room on the plane or not, being sedentary for a long time on a flight does swell up your lower extremities. I flew to japan in college with my peoples and we all laughed at each other about how fat everyone's ankles were.

Last edited:

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I would not doubt hazelgods diagnoses. Regardless of whether he had room on the plane or not, being sedentary for a long time on a flight does swell up your lower extremities. I flew to japan in college with my peoples and we all laughed at each other about how fat everyone's ankles were.
Very possible indeed... I've noticed that about my own body parts too when sedentary for an extended period of time (um, at WORK, to start). In any event, rest in peace Tim - he always seemed like a neat guy and I always took an interest in what he had to say..

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! That's a shocker. He will be missed. :frown1: His was the only political show I could stand to watch.

On a flight from San Diego, CA to Newark, NJ, in the 1970's my dad developed a few blood clots, in his legs which were so bad they literally had to carry him off the plane. I wouldn't be surprised if Russert's recent trip to Italy was the culprit. :frown1:

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Tim Russert was an amazing man and journalist. He will be missed. Tim Russert impressed me greatly. I can hardly believe he died. I loved watching him on Meet the Press.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tim Russert seemed to be quite a fine man. Regardless of one's politics.

I will miss him.

I VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEMTNLY agree. Russert was one of the few, if not only unbiased political journalists. I'm not sure we'll see another one. He was the only reality check out there.

That fucking sucks.

Tim.... enjoy Heaven, Heaven, Heaven. You deserve it.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He was among the very best. I will miss him and his insight to the election process. This upcoming November's election wont be the same.

Last edited:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A great American. As Joe Lieberman referred to him today, "The Explainer in Chief". Revered on both sides of the isle as tough, but fair. We need more journalists of his ilk. Goodbye Tim!