Time for a new workout, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by average8224, Nov 22, 2011.

1. average8224

average8224 Member

Looking to start back at the gym. I am looking for a beginner to intermediate workout, 3- 4x per week. I do not expect to get huge (my body type doesn't seem to allow it). Just looking to tone up, lose a few pounds in stomach, and add a little mass. Any ideas?

2. Apollo1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Does your gym offer yoga? It will help you accomplish the goals you outlined in the OP.

4. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You should at least check out Crossfit classes in your area to see if you like it. It is great for getting in shape, as well as those who are already athletic. It is a mix of cardio, strength, and yoga/balance. It is like belonging to a gym, and your workouts are already planned. Your workout is as much as you are able, at your pace.

5. SR_Dee_Zasther

SR_Dee_Zasther New Member

Being a bodybuilder, I tend to favor a classic bodypart split training style. For example, you could do Chest/back, Arms, Legs, and shoulders, using between 12-16 sets per bodyparts and super-setting antagonistic muscle groups. Of course working out is a great start, but what you eat is what will make or break your progress. You don't need to go all hardcore and write everything down, but you should make a meal plan and make sure to plan ahead and have access to healthy meal options when you're at work or out. By healthy I mean plenty of protein (at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight per day) slow digesting carb sources (whole grains, veggies, basically not sugar and not tons of starch) and healthy fats like nuts and fish and things that are not fried/full of butter.

Draft saved Draft deleted