Time Magazine (that liberal rag) IDs the 25 culprits most responsible for the econ..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

2. houtx48

Gold Member

bla bla bla bla

3. transformer_99

Gold Member

Getting a pass was Reagan & Daddy Bush era for the Milken junk bonds and the S&L Crisis. The S&L Crisis was $ 161 billion and was the blueprint to indicate this nation could not afford another Bush in the White House. Failed economic policies of that administration and the son was touting the same for America that his father tried to spin off as success, as "W" made his first bid for the White House in 2000. I'm on record at other forums stating that we would wind up in a similar or worse situation(s) back in 2000. All of these so called economic and financial experts that saw it coming during "W" when it was already too late, I had them beat with my predictions prior to the election of 2000. I did my best to warn voters /Americans, it fell of deaf ears. I lived thru Daddy Bush, it was when I started my working career, I knew what that time had done to sandbag too many college graduates that had actually learned about ethics in business schools across America. America not only got another Bush in the White House, they got two terms of "W".

Savings and loan crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Michael Milken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Chrysler bailout ?

Take the $ 161 billion the S&L crisis cost taxpayers, use the inflationary index for the current banking/housing/mortgage crisis and apply that to the figure. of nearly 20 years ago and you have a bailout that is easily of the same magnitude that we have today.

Anyone that votes for a 3rd Bush, simply needs to be taken out into a field and executed for polluting the gene pool of the human race. Those that elected Bush simply had no idea of what his father and his economic policies did to this nation. I don't feel Jeb Bush would be/do anything different. 9/11/2001 was nothing in comparison to the Bush clan. The Stock Market crash of 1929 & the Great Depression of the 1930's is probably the only period that was worse economically in American History.

#3 transformer_99, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

6. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    free post!

7. transformer_99

Gold Member

Clinton Says Don't Blame Him for the Economic Crisis

The real issue isn't the 2 items Clinton is credited for in the article, although they do contribute. It has more to do with the real estate valuation being falsely manipulated thru property flipping and the way the Bush administrations implemented that affordable housing initiative. Please tell me that Clinton cooks up this initiative for affordable low cost housing to the poorer of this nation and then show me where doubling, tripling and quadrupling the price of those homes is anywhere within the boundaries of that concept ? That's property flipping, certainly not assisting the poor to get into affordable housing. Daddy Bush, Clinton & "W" Bush had their relative prosperities, at the end of the day though the administrations that are marked by and have resulted in astronomical bailouts ? S&L Crisis for Daddy Bush and W's bailouts and stimulus packages. I tend to agree or rather believe Clinton when he says that we would not be here in this crisis and position had he and his team gotten another 8 years in the form of 2 more terms rather than 8 of Clinton and 8 of W Bush. But that's speculation to a large part and we'll never know, But what we do know is that Clinton didn't have these type of bailouts that either of the Bushes have had. And it may look like Obama gets a pass on the bailout and economic stimulus package, but I can't help but feel he was handed that . Clinton was left with the aftermath of the S&L Crisis, but I also think a large part of what saved the day back then was simply the fact that Daddy Bush wasn't handed 4 more years to really "f*ck" it up. I really don't know what 1997 and beyond would've been like to recover from had Daddy Bush been given that 1993-1996 to continue with a 2nd term. I can only imagine it being very much like what Obama is getting. The other part of that question, what if Clinton had lost to Bush in 1992, who would the Democrats have ran in 1996 ? Would they have won ? Amazing that reflecting back on that time today how that turned out really only delayed by 8 years what W Bush carried out ?

8. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  9. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Looks like a good list to me.

10. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

again, blah blah blah. People like to complain but their laziness stops them from doing anything about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted