"Time outs" for snot-nosed brats creating liberal culture

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, May 12, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The 'time out' is an embarrassing, foolish, liberal, ineffective form of discipline for children. This generation of children has absolutely no respect for authority, a sense of entitlement, a lazy disposition chock full of video games, cell phones, skateboards, X-boxes, Wii, Gamestations, computer fixations and absentee parents.

I'm sorry, but these kids will never learn anything regarding discipline, respect or boundaries until someone properly reprimands these dirtballs, namely their parents, by whipping their asses.

Not only are parents dropping the ball on discipline because of the new liberal ideal, but the liberal ideology has prevented teachers from enforcing appropriate discipline, and ultimately this has driven talented teachers with principles out of the business.

This is the biggest weakness and threat to the future of our country. Kids that are taught that the only repercussions of bad decisions and debauchery is sitting in the corner for 10 minutes.

The liberal ideology is crippling the principles of discipline and respect of our next generation.

This is complete bullshit. Parents that know when and how to discipline their kids are the only ones that are capable of raising a responsible child.

2. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Here come all the responses from the childless....this ought to be interesting.

3. pym

pym New Member

Hey Star!
    Do you let your dad whip your naked ass with his leather belt, before taking "YOUR" share of his pension money? I'd pay to see that kind of disciplining. Oh Yeah.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I use time-outs on my toddler whenever necessary. I find time-outs and logical consequences effective discipline tools.

She's a well behaved child. I've never struck her and rarely have to raise my voice.

5. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:

You should meet my cousin's children: nightmares from hell.:eek:

Most US kids have no discipline, and they rule the roost. They treat adults like they treat their schoolmates. But it's society's fault since we believe that discipline is sick and twisted, not an essential ingredient to a happy and adjusted life.

Without discipline, we die.:wink: (Japanese monk would say so)

6. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Listen man. Why do you like to push buttons all the time? I happen to generally agree with your idea of discipline, but also recognize that different people react to different methods. For that reason I am not willing to make absolute statements about what is best for everyone.

Speaking for myself my mom's only idea of a time out was my sister and I begging for a time out when she was beating our asses, and even though I think she and my dad did a great job raising us.

(Although dad was not the physical disciplinarian. My mom was always concerned that being a man he was too heavy handed. I would have gladly tried my luck with him.)

7. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    My niece is like that. She's very well-behaved, but she's is disciplined when she misbehaves. Her parents rarely have to resort to anything but a yell to get her in line (she's 4). But she's not the typical child.:biggrin1:

8. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am sick of this tired argument. Considering the surplus of clueless and inept parents running around, being childless no more disqualifies someone from commenting than having children bestows magical insight into a person giving them license to.

9. lucky8

Gold Member

Nothin wrong with a lil waterboarding

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Going back to the thread's title: "Time outs" for snot-nosed brats creating liberal culture

Undisciplined children are indeed a pain in the ass for everyone. But if disrespectful, undisciplined kids are a likely outcome of liberal culture, then violent, greedy kids are equally a product of conservative culture.

11. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

12. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

There's a fine line between beating and spanking. While the latter may be highly effective, the former causes the child to not only act out and misbehave, but can also mentally scar it.

I took my fair share of "beatings" and I can still be quite insolent when I feel the need. I guess you could say that a lot goes a short way.

Spank your children; it works. But please don't beat your children.

13. B_starinvestor

There is no relationship. Either you discipline properly or you don't. If a child is properly disciplined and raised, the child will not be violent or greedy.

If parents shovel money to the child because they are too lazy or uninterested to teach values such as work and responsibility, then the parent has again failed.

If a parent doesn't provide attention, the child may resort to violence. If the parent properly disciplines the child after an episode of violence, said violence is unlikely to occur again. If the parent puts the kid in 'timeout' after an episode of violence...the violence is likely to re-occur.

If the kid deserves a whipping, give him a whipping.

A 'timout' is a joke and won't teach anything. "So help me, you have to the count of 3....if you don't stop throwing stones at the neighbor.....you are going right into time out!!"

that kid needs his ass whipped and everybody knows it.

14. pym

pym New Member

Star.....are you Dip-Stick Jimmy?

15. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Uhm, i've been without kids and can tell you that life changes when you have a kid who's behavior says everything about how you parent them out there in the world. Life is a different world with kids and people with kids once had no kids and can tell you that your perspective changes drastically. People without children do not know this difference from experience. Period.

16. B_starinvestor

Speedo, I"m not suggesting that you whip a toddler. But age 6 to teens, when they tell an adult to 'fuck off' or a teacher to 'suck it' that kid needs to get whipped good.

They have no understanding of repercussions. None. Consequences are a non-factor.

These miscreant, selfish brats need to understand consequences.

And a 'time out' isn't a consequence.

Its a fantasy disciplinary measure that will never, ever, ever work.

17. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

If you think you are going to lose control, then its better to be safe about it and just not do it. I spanked my kid too hard once and then i couldnt bring myself to do it again for a very long time, like years. Shes a great child and rarely needs serious discipline and at her age she responds much better to losing previledges. She did need a spanking not too long ago which we handled in a way where we explained very thoroughly why she was getting it and followed it up with loving hugs and i've never seen her respond so well. She was hiding in public places and making us think she was gone. It warranted a more serious reaction as the other things we had tried hadnt been working.

She hasnt done it since and actually thanked me for the way i handled it with her. So it does have its purpose, atleast in our family.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Sorry, star. That's not a "liberal" thing.
    My parents were not shy when it comes to disciplining their children. They even spank them when necessary. And they voted Democrat.

Can we please not try to blame everything on the liberals? I mean, they've only been in complete power for a few months. Contrary to belief, our nation hasn't fallen to shit all because of that. :rolleyes:

19. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ahh. You hit the nail on the head. Experience. Anyone who knows anything knows that people learn parenting from how they were parented, not from raising their own.

20. B_starinvestor

Thank you....as someone who has a conscience when many kids are pillaging someone's house and their parents don't give a hoot, and then when it gets so bad that somebody says something, the parents put the little brat in 'time out' after they've destroyed property and tortured pets.

My father retired from teaching in 2002 because a kid took a wad of tobacco out of his mouth and threw it in his face; and the student wasn't disciplined because of parent privilege. LMAO. I would have beat the shit out of that kid. Glad I wasn't a teacher.

Anyway, its an embarrassment that parents don't control their kids. They are out of fucking control and 100% of the blame goes to the parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted