Time passes too fast !!

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't why time passes too fast in my 20's , I'm 27 right now . It seems like yesterday when I was 20 years old . Do time passes faster in the 30's and 40's ? Man I'm scared . The funny thing is that time perception is the opposite with are kids. Time passes way slower to kids. How do you guys handle the pass of time in your 30's and 40's etc ?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, something happens with the backward perspective as you get older, somewhat like the view through a telephoto lens, in which two things that are at quite different distances from the viewer look as though one of them is right in front of the other. I think that the phenomenon has two possible causes: either one's life becomes more uniform as one ages, so that it becomes harder to distinguish in recollection between what happened a year ago and what happened two or three or ten years ago, or one's ability to recall recent events simply declines, so that one has the impression of less having taken place over a given stretch of time.

Anyway, this impression of time passing faster does not bother me, because I recognize that it is a trick of memory and that it has nothing to do with how well or badly I am making use of my time. I do have regrets about how much time has passed and how little I have made of it, but I ascribe them to my own failures of courage, prudence, and other aspects of character rather than to anything about time itself.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it does pass faster as you age. You work all day, go home and you have to get things done. And then the weekend is to recuperate, get more things done, and try to have fun--if you can squeeze it in.

When you're a kid, at least for me, everything seemed in slow motion. The school day and the school year seemed so long. I couldn't wait until my next vacation. Halloween and Christmas were holidays to look forward to, and I couldn't wait for them to happen. I enjoyed my birthdays when I was young. I'd get gifts and a party, but now, I don't like to celebrate them anymore. They're just another day, and unfortunately you're a year older, even if you don't feel it.

And getting older means more deaths you have to deal with, family and friends. Yes, time does pass fast.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you're a kid your metabolism is higher therefore everything else seems slower than you in comparison including time, as you get older your metabolism slows down causing the reverse effect - mind you I don't know if that's true or I just invented it :)

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you're a kid your metabolism is higher therefore everything else seems slower than you in comparison including time, as you get older your metabolism slows down causing the reverse effect - mind you I don't know if that's true or I just invented it :)
It may be true that as one grows up, one's metabolism slows down in proportion to one's body mass (in itself, it surely gets higher, not lower), but that is not a likely explanation of the phenomenon of time seeming to pass more quickly. In general, people's mental processes do not get slower between childhood and adulthood. I like my explanation (post #2) better.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't why time passes too fast in my 20's , I'm 27 right now . It seems like yesterday when I was 20 years old . Do time passes faster in the 30's and 40's ? Man I'm scared . The funny thing is that time perception is the opposite with are kids. Time passes way slower to kids. How do you guys handle the pass of time in your 30's and 40's etc ?
Yeah, buddy. Time seems to pass faster as you get older. The last four years have gone by in ten minutes. At twenty, a year is five percent of the time you've spent here. At fifty, it's only two percent. It's all relative, as the man said.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The older you get the faster time goes. How do we handle that? We just keep putting more money in the meter...

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When as a child I laughed and wept, time crept.
When AS A YOUTH I dreamed and talked, TIME WALKED.
When I became a FULL GROWN MAN, TIME RAN.
And later, as I GREW OLDER, TIME FLEW.
Soon I shall find while travelling on, TIME GONE.
Will Christ have saved my soul by then? Amen!

I remember it from childhood. It's all perception but still true.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Time passes by quickly; so, you can't see the grim reaper getting closer and closer to you. For some reason, he builds up speed as the years go on, until one otherwise uneventful day, night or midbetween, he taps you on the shoulder and pfft! Your'e DEAD. Dead, dead, dead!

(it also raced by during the summer when I was younger-except for that year with summer school thrown in-that dragged on forever!)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And the days go by like a strand in the wind.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Time goes by slowly for children because they are easily bored. They are also impatient and on the 20th of December it feels like Christmas is a month away to them. They also have no bills to pay and no due dates.

The perception of time is relative. Sometimes it seems feels like time drags on too. If you are waiting outside of someones house for 15 minutes it feels like an hours. To the person inside rushing around it feels like 3 minutes.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Time passes by quickly; so, you can't see the grim reaper getting closer and closer to you. For some reason, he builds up speed as the years go on, until one otherwise uneventful day, night or midbetween, he taps you on the shoulder and pfft! Your'e DEAD. Dead, dead, dead!
I hate it when that happens.