time to get in shape! who wants to join?

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
so, i'm heading back to the Y tomorrow. yeahhh, 11 days late, but who cares? It's been a month or so, and i feel i need it real bad. take a look at the pics, i've packed on some weight from the white trunks to the blue boxers.

so, i was wondering if anyone was interested - talking about what they do, where, how, how long... you know. like a community based thread for exercising and dieting.

encouragement, really. a way to keep us motivated. once a week, we can share pictures of our bodies - or every two weeks, whichever works to motivate us.

if there is any other thread like this, let me know. we don't need two or more of the same thing... i dont want to continue the cut/uncut predicament.

so, if you're interested - post here... give us all some tips. some meal ideas. work out ideas... or PM each other.

hope to hear from you!

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes! I certainly plan on going back to the gym tomorrow! I think I'm worst off than anyone on this board. I'm 6'2" and 325 with a thick footballers' build. I've got to lose at least 70 lbs. by this summer! I'll start out with mostly cardio tomorrow and continue for a few weeks before I start weight training again. Need to burn off this fat first. I'm so tired of being tired and out of shape. I miss being lean, limber, and full of energy. I miss the looks I get from others -namely attractive guys. I also want to look sexier naked. Of course, I appreciate all the support I can get.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
roy86 -
good for you to get back to it. we all do.
as of thanksgiving i had gained 30 pounds and have lost but 5-10 of them.
good, solid weight training and cardio and eating a lot less.
i make it a point to eat high protein, low carb (as in no carbs - save potatos), low calorie things. lots of veggies and no dairy or at least very little.
mind your diet, get to the gym, lift and do some cardio and you will be in better shape in no time.
oh - and don't eat sugar or sweets or baked goods or fast food.

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
all right guys. lets do this:

mostly, i will be going to the gym atleast four times a week - i have to make exceptions for schooling and work. but it's ok, i graduate in may with two degrees so i got a ton to do.

but i am at pretty much 230 now. usually my scale says 227, but i'm just going to go with 230 because it's an electric scale and they're never right. haha

tomorrow:

stair machine 10 minutes, usually is about 1 mile i can average - not one that you just step at, but the actual stair machine that does rotations so you have to step.

eliptical 30 minutes.

running a mile 8-10 minutes depening on pace.
walking half a mile, jogging another half mile.

some sit ups - 30-50

pull up machine, half my body weight - 3 reps of 10.

should be a good workout, right? haha. it's what i used to do. might as well get back into it.

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Should be a good workout but keep in mind you've been away for a while. Start out slowly and increase within a couple of weeks. I bought a $200 gym membership with the intention of going every week. Now is the time to start going back religiously. You are right about avoiding those foods and additivies (sp) but keep in mind after working out with weights to drink some milk to feed your muscles. Less than half a pint should help. I avoid milk in large quantities because it produces a lot of phlegm and that doesn't help singing voices.

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
haha yeahh... milk's not that good.

basically, chicken for protein - baked, or grilled.
i'm avoiding all deep fried food. might give myself once a week, one meal to have something fried, if anything. i mostly pick my busiest day, since i'd burn off more calories during the day, so it'll benefit me.
i like rice, so i'll eat more of that.
salads with light dressing.
more water.

and no eating after 9, i usually make it 8, but that's just too long after not to eat that i am awake.

goodluck guys ....and girls if any want to join.

plus, i'll be posting weekly picture of my upper body, just to see some change.

D_evidence

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh this is, my thing! i wanna join lol
drinkin a glass of cold water as soon as you wake up, it will jumpstart your metabolic rate, dont skip breakfast, drink lots of H2O, watch what you eat and how much

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In November, I wrote a blog regarding body building. Also suggested/encouraged that those of you between 18 and 25 years of age, read the article on the 13 most common mistakes that teens make with respect to muscle building.

Bodybuilding.com - Alex Stewart - 13 Mistakes By Teens & Solutions For Successful Muscle Gains!

It’s also good reading for those of you over 25 who are interested in staying fit. Having made most of those mistakes throughout my 16 years of bodybuilding, I’ve come to realize that experience is probably the best mentor. It’s taken me years to develop my body….years of: proper diet (which is 30 to 50% of the game);developing a consistent split programs and circuit training;cardio; choosing supplements that work best for me; setting goals and achieving them; and reaching and getting past them.

With regard to dieting, training, etc., also suggest that your join the social group: BodyBuilding Hardbodies

Last edited:

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i just got a total gym less than a week ago and i've been doing circuit training. 30 minutes a day, 5-7 days a week. when it gets easier, i'm going to bump it up to 45 minutes a day, and then an hour. i've also been watching what i eat, and eating less. my main problem is that i eat a lot! i used to have an eating disorder (excessive overeating) which made me gain 75 pounds in just ONE YEAR! :eek:

its time i get myself back in shape like i used to be! i took my measurements and weighed myself. the chart i have says to measure/weigh yourself weekly for encouragement, so that's what i plan to do. :smile:

i suppose i should take a full body picture from the front, side, and the back. not sure if i'll post them though! :redface: i think i might blow it up and put it on my closet door in front of my total gym. so everytime i see it, i'll work harder/eat less. kinda like "THIS is what you'll look like if you give up!" lol. :tongue:

thanks, roy, for making this thread. we'll all need the encouragement! :biggrin1:

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
alright. first day back went well for me. this is what i did:

woke up at 830, ate a bowl of cereal and was at the gym by 10.

i got there and ran a mile on the treadmill - 9:31 minutes.
did 30 sit ups and 30leg lifts - i dont know what they're called, haha. it's on the sit up machine, but you hold yourself up by your arms and lift your legs up either bent or straigt out.

did the stair machine for 10 minutes.

did 30 pull ups - 10 set at 110lbs, 10 set at 150lbs, and 10 set at 160lbs - the higher the number, the easier it is to do for those you don't know what i mean. (should i do that, or should i go higher to lower until i can do them a 110 and below?)

i walked a mile in the treadmill
then went to the elipitcal and did the cross training mode. burnt over 400 calories in a half hour. niiiiiiice.

that was my day, week 1 picture will be up later tonight.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you are weight training, please incorporate stretches before and after your weight training regiment. Get a book on flexibility and stretching exercises at your local library or buy one.

I remember from my weight training days. Work the upper body on one day. Then work on the lower body the next. Muscles that have been worked on the day before need rest. (And it is important that you still incorporate safe stretching when muscles feel taut.)

If you want to drop weight, watch the carbs...breads, starches, and sugars in your diet. Cut them out of your diet. Start drinking a gallon of water a day. (You won't be dehydrated but you will get to use the restroom a lot. :biggrin1:) Eat six small meals a day. Fresh vegetables. Proteins.

I also adopted a Henry Rollins workout dress code. When he first started working out he was told to wear the most unflattering sweats as part of your gym wear. That is what I did.
I never showed off the body...but at the club, peeps were looking at the results. :wink: :eek: (But then they didn't look at the person for who I was inside though. :frown1:) Sad. People ogle at the hot bodies but never the soul of the person.