time to get in shape! who wants to join?

SR_Manny Manparts

Experimental Member
Media
I'm game.After a 2 month absence from the gym, I headed back a few days ago!! I got out of control in the holidays!!! But Now I have to get back on track!!! but yeah I am chunky, I am 5'7'' and weigh 240, so I need all the help and dedication I can get!!!!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I have a plan to start running more often. I don't even have to go that far. I mapped out a run of a few city blocks around my apartment, and it's 1.25 miles total distance. My knees and joints are pretty good so I should just strap on some shoes and get going. I haven't checked out the university rec center yet, so I'll be sure to do that too.

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm game.After a 2 month absence from the gym, I headed back a few days ago!! I got out of control in the holidays!!! But Now I have to get back on track!!! but yeah I am chunky, I am 5'7'' and weigh 240, so I need all the help and dedication I can get!!!!

haha yeah. thanksgiving through christmas, it was work and eat, work and eat, work and eat.

i'm 6 foot, weighed myself at the gym this morning 234.7. i got a ton of work to do. all cardio!

B_Daav505

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pre-Med major here but have an interest in fitness & Health & sports training.

Anyway the bottom line is you have to be consistant, set aside an hour a day for this (think of it as an investment) 90 minutes would be better, but you can do it in 30 if you have to.

Here are some basics, for every pound of muscle that you add you will burn an additional 50 calories a day. So if you can add 5 pounds of muscle, just the additional caloric burn will cause you to lose 2 pounds every month (assuming wht loss is your goal). If you have not done any weight training you will gain 5 pounds in no time if you lift consistently. For this reason weight training is superior to cardio as cardio only elevates your metabolism during the activity and for a short time afterward, resistance training will create the hungriest cells that you possess & will be active 24/7.

OK so Here is a good work out:

Mon & Th Chest/tri/legs/back
Tue & Fr Shoulders/bis/legs
Wed & Sat Hard cardio( min of 30 min increasing to 60 min) on stairstepper
Mon & Fri Start with legs (mon squats/Fri leg presses)
Tue & Th Start with easy cardio (20 min on stair master) then whts

Dont look at this as a chore, look forward to it everyday rain or shine! Find a variety of excersises that fit into the above routines then change them up every 8-10 weeks with 1 one week off (from whts/do light cardio) in between. Alternate also low reps/heavy wht for strenght high reps/low wht for endurance. For example strenght 3 sets of 6-10 reps/endurance 4 sets of 12 reps with 30 seconds between. Mix in a highbred/ 4 sets at 15/12/10/8 reps. By May you will be ripped assuming you control your carb intake!

If you really want to go hard core do a wrestling/navy seal routine where you work out lots of cardio lots of high reps/low weights twice a day, U'll be ripped in 8 weeks!

Frankg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I skipped the gym today because of too much work. I just ate pizza and feel fat.

I might start training again too...

I used to use things like large chains and sledgehammers.

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
well i started my resolution to lose weight last new year and its been a huge success! in a year ive burned off 75 lbs and it feels awesome.. my goal is to lose 10 more and im set :)

i dont drink soda unless its with alcohol, i cut beer (big killer), sugar in moderation, i introduced much more green into my diet, i ate smaller portions, MADE myself eat 3 meals a day, didnt eat any later than 8 o clock, AND i went spinning 4-5 days a week.

i also did a few organic cleanses and cut gluten for a near 2 month span

Frankg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jda,

Do you find the weight loss and better diet has increased sexual performance, firmness of erections or perhaps even made your penis larger/ just curious.

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
nice job jda.

today i burnt off a good 800+ calories. had two hot dogs for lunch, which probably werent the best thing for me to have but i was starving and they were only a dollar for two. so what? haha

either way, i'm negative in calories i've put back on, still.

i am just trying to get down to 200 pounds really. then i'll start lifting more. for now, i would rather lose weight than put some on in muscle. i just want to slim down some.

i've been going all cardio. and sit ups and chin ups. atleast i'm working some upper body muscles.

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jda,

Do you find the weight loss and better diet has increased sexual performance, firmness of erections or perhaps even made your penis larger/ just curious.

dick def looks larger haha, im hornier way more often, and i dunno bout performacne just bc i wasnt too great when i started so i guess ive gotten better due to practice more than the weight loss.. i also feel alot better and that seems to make me want to do more

with my diet i have been told i have rather amazing tasting semen hahaha.. when i was doing the organic cleanse my buddy used to beg me for my sugar water of love

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
nice job jda.

today i burnt off a good 800+ calories. had two hot dogs for lunch, which probably werent the best thing for me to have but i was starving and they were only a dollar for two. so what? haha

either way, i'm negative in calories i've put back on, still.

i am just trying to get down to 200 pounds really. then i'll start lifting more. for now, i would rather lose weight than put some on in muscle. i just want to slim down some.

i've been going all cardio. and sit ups and chin ups. atleast i'm working some upper body muscles.

well hotdogs are the absolute worst.. cut those now.. also allow yourself to cheat 10% of the time (it keeps you sane). so every 10 days pick a splurge day.. hit up the local chinese buffet or something and go wild haha

turkey and chicken are your friend.. also if you are a cheese lover keep lots of mozarella around... the low moisture bc its made with skim milk and way better for you than the other cheeses

honestly when i cut gluten i felt awesome.. you should look into it

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
haha coincidentally, i am making myself dinner - two turkey burgers, about 120 calories in each, plus the bun and such. my dinner will basically be around 600 calories. no big deal to me.

i was just searching gluten, too - so it's basically no breads of any kind?

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
well its a touchy subject.. 1 in 133 or some can't digest wheat gluten and if you are one of them then you will have some sort of side effect (bad skin, tummy aches, etc) (this is what i have found i may be wrong). so if you cut it the side effect goes. but other people feel that wheat gluten in general is just a toxin and putting it into your body is bad for it. while i was gluten free i felt way good.. its just hard to do. and yeah alot of stuff have it.. you need to look for MODIFIED FOOD STARCH on the label.. if it has it then its gluten and stay away.. if it says MODIFIED FOOD STARCH CORN its okay. lack of the added label assumes that it is wheat gluten.

roy86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ohhh. well, i think i'll just drop the soda, fried foods, and anything high in calories. add more vegetables, fruits and such into the diet. keep up with the cardio atleast 5 days a week and i should be fine. i weighed myself on monday, i was 234, next monday i'll weigh in again. we'll see how it all goes. after i get back down around 220, i'll start cutting more and more things out since it'll be harder to lose weight and start upping the levels at the gym.

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i started at 235 and in a year im down to 160.. gl man