Time to vent a bit of Anger

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
Im Angry ok, just need to vent some rage. I was in the chat room the other night with a handfull of very cool people, you know who u are. And we were discuasssing how when ur in the chat room you get PM's that just say ASL??, HUNG??, etc etc. It pisses me off. Also when i chat to people in the chatroom, alot of the time as soon as i say im a chick, WHICH I AM!!!, thats the end of the conversation, like just because i haven't got a dick im not worthy to be talked too, it pisses me off incase you havent caught on. I know that not every one is like this i have met a heap of great and cool people in the chat room, just the last few times i have talked to people this is what pissed me.

So I just wanna know what everyone here thinks they chat room is for. Cos i would have thought it was to talk to people about random stuff. So please take part in the poll so i can see what u guys think.

Tilly
(FEMALE)

Reactions: wseattle

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had those chats too tilly. Some guys on there are looking to cyber or something and get turned off to me once they figure out I'm not going to do a thing for them. It doesn't bother me a ton since I know some people use the chat room for that and I'm not going to be the one to tell them what to do.

If I'm ever in the chat room, all I'm there for is just to talk to people for fun and burn some time. If it happens to be on a LPSG topic, cool, if it's something totally random and out in left field, also cool.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I feel tilly's exasperation often when I visit the chat. There are many who use the chat who never post on the board. When I do get one of those ASL? PM's my age invariably stops the PM cold.

Usually, though, I enter the chat only to find several silent usernames. I've no idea whether they are actually online and saying nothing or so busy PMing that they haven't heard me enter. I used to say "hi guys" to start a conversation but too often that doesn't work, either.

So usually, if I haven't seen any posts for a minute-or-so (which is most of the time) I simply leave.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've only braved the chat room maybe three times now and it's always been a bit disorienting for me. The first time I went was out of pure curiosity to see what it was like, and while it was a fun conversation, I found that I am sorely lacking in my on-the-spot innuendo skills. The next couple of times, I jumped in because I saw a friend in there with whom I don't get to talk very often. Both of those times, I think our non-sex talk has chased others from the room pretty quickly.

Would that be considered a talent to be able to clear the room that way? ;)

While there are usually some friendly guys in there, it's clear that some are looking for a bit of a titilation thing to happen. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just sorry you felt left out, Tilly.

Several of us chat from time to time on Yahoo--maybe you'd consider joining some of us in there sometime?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A chat room tends to be all of those things. Even I, the most chast of all, have had a few lascivious conversations, on the side. ON THE SIDE! Private chat. Anyone who wants a jerk off, and I'm not interested, is just closed via the little red x and I proceed. However, rude is rude. No matter how you slice it. Some people just can't take the hint. It's just the chance we all take going into a public space. Keep closing their personal contact, they will get the message. Remember, YOU are in control Fuck 'em.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to use the chat all the time and I actually met a few great people there (Steve26, IAThick9, OldBodyBuilder and others) who I have been able to keep in touch with via other means. The chat is all of those things--you can sometimes find people who want to chat about general shit, size issues, etc. Yes, some want to hook up, cam 2 cam, and are pretty obnoxious. I just ignore them and go in there from time to time when I see people in there that I want to talk to. Mike2020 hardly EVER speaks though! ;)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried out the chatroom when it was new, but it was almost always empty back then. A couple nights ago, Tilly and I and a couple other newer members stayed up all night together and had a pretty amazing time. It was my first time in there in many months.

LPSG is a lot of different things to different people. There are people who only use the gallery, people who only use the chatroom, people who only post, and some who worm their way around all three. Mostly, there is a huge legion of lurkers who we never hear from at all, but that's pretty normal, I'd expect.

I'm guessing that a lot of the lurkers who send obnoxious PMs and acts like asses in the chatroom probably never read the board and are completely unaware that we are not here for that. They probably belong to a lot of "pick up" sites and their behavior seems like business as usual for them.

I had fun the other night. I'll brave the chatroom again, but I'll just give it a few minutes and see if there's anything there worth staying for. Tilly, you DO rock!

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the plus side it allows a lot of straight guys to empathise with women who complain of men only wanting to cyber with them in chat rooms!
I'd never experienced that until coming on here

I've been on a few times and had mixed experiences, some really helpful chats and others have been just as you described. It's not a massive problem though, you only need to say you're not interested because you are an adult after all.

If you get so upset every time you encounter an idiot how the hell do you get through each day?

BrynB

Experimental Member
Media
I've used it a few times now and the tone is fairly sexual.
I'll talk about pretty much anything including the rude subjects, but 95 times out of 100 I don't broach them.

My biggest bugbear is when you take the time to say hello to someone and you get absolutely no response. I'm firmly in the camp where you acknowledge you've been spoken to, even if it's just to say you're not interested in speaking.

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
If you get so upset every time you encounter an idiot how the hell do you get through each day?

Its not that i get so upset after every encounter with a dickhead, its just been happening ever since i got here, and it has built up and i need to be able to voice my frustration to the people annoying me, just the way i am.

Im starting to get the feel from the few people who have voted that im not alone in thinking that people go to the chat just to meet cool people, which is great.

So thanks

Luv Ya's
Tilly

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I right in thinking that there's only one room for the chat?
If so then couldn't we have a 'general chat' room and a 'Dating/meeting place' room?

p.s. the 'how do you get through the day' comment was a joke btw

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
p.s. the 'how do you get through the day' comment was a joke btw

Sorry

But that is a very good idea, i dont know if its possible to do or not, but yeah splitting the chat rooms would be good, but yeah the point i really wanted to get across was that not everyone goes to the chat to look for a quick online fuck.

So yeah

Luv Ya
Tilly

bobbyrobbo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have only been in the chat room a few times. It has been pretty much as everybody has expressed. I think the thing about the chat room is that it can be all things to all people.
As someone else said if you dont want to talk to the idiot then just dont talk to them. I have met some interesting people on there and had some really inteligent conversations. I have also been bombarded with pm's, some of which I have responded to, some of which I have just politely said "No thankyou" when I have discovered that all they want is a bit of cyber. Not that I have a problem with cyber, done it on more than one occasion, just sometime you want a bit more than "Im gonna stick it there...."
I would never ignore somebody just because they are a woman, or straight, gay, black, white, chinese, etc.etc. Surely variety is the spice of life. I guess what I'm saying is that I go into the chat room with the expectation of getting out of it what I put in. I'm sorry that you have had such a bad time of it in there lately Tilly. Please dont think that we are all such assholes. If ever our paths should cross in there then please feel free to hit me up.

BTW. MadameZora, your new Avatar is wicked

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My first experience with a chatroom was right after I got my first puter back in the stone age. It was a bunch of older folks, like myself, who are caregivers for sick/disabled loved ones, again, like myself. A support group, if you will.

I was nearly overwhelmed. At least 30 posters were talking to each other - as many as 15 conversations going on at the same time - not just one. The screen flew by like I needed to be a speed reader to catch it all.

Then I got a PM from one of the members. I was welcomed and encouraged to say 'hi,' and eventually learned how to pick out the conversations I was interested in while the others yakked away. I found that there were over 350 members, about 300 of whom visited the chat regularly. After about 5 years I lost the group, though, when I dropped AOL.

My point is that the chat can be many things: a place to touch down and relax among friends, a place to meet new people, a place to discuss things you wouldn't discuss in real life - wait a minute! That means the chat is/should be an extension of the LPSG board, doesn't it? The advantage of chat being the immediacy of conversation, whether sexual in nature or not, but a friendly atmosphere that should be comfortable to return to.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
As someone who pops into the chat room a few times a week, I agree with virtually all that has been said above. The chat has certainly become less social and more sexual in nature since its start last summer. That said, I recognize that people visit the LPSG for many different reasons (including, yes, hook-ups) and it is their right to do so.

Of course, the obvious solution for those of us posting here, who care about the chat room as a vehicle for support and discussion, is not to abandon it to those who view it as a big hook-up venue. We need to continue doing all we can to get public chats going and rouse people out of their PM fixation. I find that usually if you can engage even one other person in a public chat, others will join in eventually. Sometimes when someone has messaged me, I'll even ask if they mind if we continue the discussion "in public" in the hopes of drawing others in.

Tilly, I just wanted to respond to what you said about feeling ignored as a woman, which I think is an unfortunate outcome in any "support group." I, as a happily married man, do tend to steer clear of chatting or messaging with LPSG women, and I hope as an engaged woman you can understand why. My wife knows I am on the LPSG and is 100 percent OK with that, but personally, chatting with a woman other than my wife about my penis or other matters sexual just feels weird and wrong. Granted, other topics are discussed in the chat room; still, I admit that I usually clam up when a woman enters. In my case, at least, it's not meant to be rude or dismissive.

Alas, I suspect that most of the people who go to the chat for hook-ups do not read these threads, so they will probably not see any of this discussion.

Steve

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Steve26@Sep 1 2005, 01:45 PM
Alas, I suspect that most of the people who go to the chat for hook-ups do not read these threads, so they will probably not see any of this discussion.
Steve
[post=339823]Quoted post[/post]​

That is really the sad truth of it all.

I've been in there a few times, but there's usually alot of "strangers" in there ( i.e. people I don't interact with here on the board). It would be nice if some of the discussions started here in the threads would some how migrate into the chatrooms. But as Steve said, alot of the "Strangers" in the chat room don't bother to read the threads.

One thing I will admit is that I usually stay away from the chat room while i'm at work, or else i'd never get anything done. :p

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I venture into the chatroom from time to time, and the discussions can be interesting at times, but the content varies from night to night. Some nights the discussion can get pretty graphic and raunchy; other nights there's nothing more titillating than the weather and unemployment. It's an opportunity to talk with board members in real time, but it's no substitute for the board posts. I can get a bit flirtatious, but that's just how I am. I tend to ignore "ASL" and "how big iz ur cock?" PM's. I'm really not there to hook up.

D_mbjkfjdh

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by tillyrox@Aug 31 2005, 08:42 PM
Im Angry ok, just need to vent some rage. I was in the chat room the other night with a handfull of very cool people, you know who u are. And we were discuasssing how when ur in the chat room you get PM's that just say ASL??, HUNG??, etc etc. It pisses me off. Also when i chat to people in the chatroom, alot of the time as soon as i say im a chick, WHICH I AM!!!, thats the end of the conversation, like just because i haven't got a dick im not worthy to be talked too, it pisses me off incase you havent caught on. I know that not every one is like this i have met a heap of great and cool people in the chat room, just the last few times i have talked to people this is what pissed me.

So I just wanna know what everyone here thinks they chat room is for. Cos i would have thought it was to talk to people about random stuff. So please take part in the poll so i can see what u guys think.

Tilly
(FEMALE)
[post=339722]Quoted post[/post]​

Personally I think that is jacked up! I think a woman should be able to jump in on the conversation and add her thoughts just as much as any guy. Hey, women have to deal with big cocks too. I think you can offer a great perspective...one of the reasons that brought me here. It's nice to know truly what women think not just rumors and such. If guys are not talking to you then in my opinion they are missing out!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I very rarely use the lpsg chatroom, as the few times I've gone into it, there has been no 'conversation' in the public window, or it is a 100% male group participating. The 1/2 dozen or so times I've joined in is when I've noticed one or more of our female members are logged in. :)

Do I have anything against the guys? No, not at all, but getting those 'asl' type prompts (always via private chat) gets annoying. My response is always "It's all in my profile." and "I prefer to chat in the public window." I don't like having 2 or more separate private conversations going at the same time. If they keep replying in private windows, then I just click the 'X'!

Every time I checked when there wasn't a woman in the room, all the conversation is going on via PM. No thanks, I'd rather interact in the public window. Chatting in the public window was how I got to know some of the people here better, and it has led to us adding each other to our YIM lists.

I've had the priviledge of having a long conversation with Tilly via YIM, and am happy to say she is a very nice, intellegent, and fun to talk to person. Don't ignore her guys, just because she's a woman! :7

LapDog :p

p.s. Just to make it clear, I have had nice chats with both guys and girls, but the 'nice chat' part only seems to happen on the lpsg chatroom when there is a lady present. Over in YIM, Naughty has formed impromptu group chats, and we've all had a great time. :grouphug:

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
I've had the priviledge of having a long conversation with Tilly via YIM, and am happy to say she is a very nice, intellegent, and fun to talk to person. Don't ignore her guys, just because she's a woman! 

:icon_redface: I am really flattered lapdog, you are so sweet.

I would just like to say any one who would like to chat about anything, my yahoo and msn addresses are in my profile and i dont mind being added, i like to chat to people on here, there are heaps of good and cool people. But just let me know when u add me who u are and what ur lpsg name is, just so i know, :+

Tilly, I just wanted to respond to what you said about feeling ignored as a woman, which I think is an unfortunate outcome in any "support group." I, as a happily married man, do tend to steer clear of chatting or messaging with LPSG women,

Steve i totally agree with u, if u do not feel comfortable talking to a women with your wife that is perfectly fine, i totally understand, im lucky i spose my boyfriend/fiance is 100% totally cool with me being on here, he know that i have no intention of ever leaving him for someone on here, or even anyone at all, i love him so much that is scares me, but i do like to talk to guys from here, on very rare occasions it is sexual, but alot of the time its just getting to know how people tick, and thats what i like. I have met a real good bunch on people who i like to call my internet buddies, i have a few on MSN and a few on Yahoo, im not going to say their names cos its up to them whether they want to be known. But yeah steve i perfectly understand.

Luv Ya's
Tilly