Times Square Is Evacuated in Bomb Scare

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A suspicious vehicle in the heart of Times Square led the police to clear thousands of tourists and theatergoers from the area on a warm and busy Saturday evening.

There was no explosion.

Police officials said a witness reported a running Nissan Pathfinder with Connecticut plates, with smoke coming out of the back. A bomb squad robot popped the back latch of the Pathfinder, and officers found what they initially believed was a bomb. The vehicle was found to contain explosives, gasoline, propane and burned wires, a Fire Department officer told Reuters.

Times Square Is Evacuated in Bomb Scare - NYTimes.com
--------------

Thank God nothing happened. Now they can be on the lookout for suspicious vehicles. They may even eventually close that area off to traffic.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The food vendor who reported the incident is rightfully so being hailed as a hero. I am a scant few blocks away and didn't know anything till I heard on the news. But it doesn't surprise me that someone would plan something like this on a day when the weather was great and people were lulled into a happy state and aso that there would be extra people in Times Square. Egads....what next?!

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
The food vendor who reported the incident is rightfully so being hailed as a hero. I am a scant few blocks away and didn't know anything till I heard on the news. But it doesn't surprise me that someone would plan something like this on a day when the weather was great and people were lulled into a happy state and aso that there would be extra people in Times Square. Egads....what next?!

The sick Bastards, i will be there in two weeks too.Thank god for people on alert.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm actually surprised that who ever it was found a parking space in Times Square.