tip of the hat 8)

da_blissmachine: just thought it might be nice to tip the hat off to members after we pass them, be they alive or dead.

Geo8x6 you contributed a lot, just weren't able to get online as much as me recently

prepstudinsc: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067937542;start=0#0 date=11/04/03 at 01:10:02]just thought it might be nice to tip the hat off to members after we pass them, be they alive or dead.

Geo8x6 you contributed a lot, just weren't able to get online as much as me recently[/quote]

Nothing personal Bliss, but a lot of your recent posts are just a phrase long, and are really more like instant messages between users, rather than posts that edify or benefit the board.

da_blissmachine: i believe in saying only what needs to be said

saying more detracts from the meaning of the core of the message

its not laziness, its a cultural value

wvalady1968: I wasn't aware of the "edify or benefit the board" posting restrictions.

I guess that I, too, have been guilty of failing you all there.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067937542;start=0#3 date=11/04/03 at 04:11:22]I wasn't aware of the "edify or benefit the board" posting restrictions.

I guess that I, too, have been guilty of failing you all there.
[/quote]

Nah there are no posting restrictions, but some posts are better off for private messages. It just seems like a waste of space on the board for a lot of one liners that go back and forth between people. Save the board for more group conversations and use the private message the other stuff.

AnonyMs: Not to worry, Allie - and I don't think there is a rule, per se, about minimum posting requirements.

For most of us, our posts vary in length...  a few witty one liners, mostly medium size postings, and a few loooong posts.  

da_bliss has had a proponderance of posts of late, most of which are one-liners.  

Some folks on the board tend not to like a proponderance of one liners.

And da_bliss, regarding your suggestion...  I am not so much for it.  It tends to make a competition out of posting and could be construed as an "in your face" sort of thing.  And it would take a really anal/obsessive personality to keep track of it all... and I for one do not find most anal/obsessive/compulsive personality traits in most people all that appealing.  Unless of course, one wants to obsess about how to make me supremely happy - that one I allow!   :D

Almost anyone could reach a certain post mark in a rapid amount of time with short responses to all the posts on this board.  The hard thing is to make most of your posts something that contribute to the sense of community rather than meeting your own need of reaching a certain posting goal.  Not that I am saying that is what you are doing, da_bliss, but you have told us before that you enjoy seeing yourself as a top poster (remember when you posted all that info about coins?).  

Perhaps we are a support group that does more than support men with large penises but also support people with needs dealing with self-esteem and other felt needs as well.

da_blissmachine: true, I just thought of that

no, i'm not just looking for more posts... well, maybe I'm checking out posts I wouldnt' normally but if I have nothing to say I still don't say anything

there are plenty of topics under which I have not posted

the coins well, actually I posted that out of the genuine interest of myself and a few (but alas, too few) other members.

i didnt mean to make it sound anal retentive or "rub your face".... the numbers too... will stop if anyone objects.. i just enjoy comparing ppl to various "sets" of objects... a little hobby I have

yes, it probably is time I took a break from posting for a few days

as for the preponderance of 1-liners, "quality v quantity" goes for number of words in a post as well as number of posts.

preponderance of words in a single posts annoys me as much as preponderance of one liners does you, maybe moreso

it actually even has religious roots

the Upanishads say : "Use no more words than you need, lest your head fall off, and with it, those of all those listening."

since all your heads have fallen off and my neck is cracking..........

longtimelurker: [quote author=nony link=board=meetgreet;num=1067937542;start=0#5 date=11/04/03 at 04:41:41]
Totally off topic:  Musicals are the highest form of theater arts in my opinion.... music, dancing, drama, comedy... it's all there in one package.
[/quote]

There was an American theatre group at the Edinburgh Festival this year called Baby Wants Candy. They did a fully improvised musical (called, imaginatively enough 'The Musical') - impov songs, improv storyline improv choreographics. All from someone's suggestion from the audience. It got great reviews, but unfortunately it had sold out the day I wanted to see it :(.

Anyone else heard of them?