Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Shelby said:
I appreciate the sentiment behind this thread. However, I have trouble understanding why people feel such a strong need to identify their own and others sexual preferences in terms of gay, straight or bi.

Suppose I enjoyed water sports or some other diversion deemed 'kinky' by mainstream society. Would I be hiding in the closet by not making it known? Is there something wrong with keeping some stuff to one's self?

Furthermore what would any of this have to do with a person's ability to communicate on a message board?

Just wondering.
Good point ...From where I sit...Most people in our little spear of life. Are assumed to be straight. With my announcement that I am a Gay man. Keeps them aware that they are NOT the only one living here.
Those of us who have decided not to live in silence have big shoes to wear. People will assume that we are shoving it down their throats " just be who you are and don't announce it" ..bull
Stating the fact that we are Gay, helps in the battle.
We are all equals in this life. Therefore we all should be treated as such.
This carries us into a very difficult topic..."equal right"..I will not take us there.
As for your comparison to "water sports"....that is a sexual fetish" you cannot compare a person sexual identity to a fetish.
We have not chosen to be Gay....but a person who is into "water sports" chooses to do that.
What does this have to do with the board? ...It lets everyone know that this view or statement is from a Gay persons point of view and not a straight one.
:tongue:

inkubus963

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:
Do you have names for different types of being gay in the US ? Like lesbian there are the femine and the masculine too...

Someone have the time to explain to me ?:tongue: :wink:

There are several different "names" for the varied types of gays. Unfortunately, none of them tend to be very complimentary.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I was considering asking how one determines the difference between a sexual fetish and a sexual identity. But in deference to the original intent of this thread I suggest we don't go there.

Peace brothers.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
inkubus963 said:
There are several different "names" for the varied types of gays. Unfortunately, none of them tend to be very complimentary.

Im sorry about that...

I just wanted to know inside the gay community what are the different expressions of being gay are named or view...and the only thing that i know to identify is as being more or less feminine...more or less masculine ...

I do not mean to be unkind...sorry.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:
Im sorry about that...

I don't think anyone thought you were being unkind, Gisella.

I agree that it might be interesting to discuss "sexual identity" vs. "fetish" and yeah, this thread probably isn't the place.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Matthew said:
I don't think anyone thought you were being unkind, Gisella.

I agree that it might be interesting to discuss "sexual identity" vs. "fetish" and yeah, this thread probably isn't the place.

Very well than Matthew...:wink: it will be very interesting indeed!

If somebody open a thread about it please respond to my questions , ok?

Kisses...:tongue: Me...:cool:

inkubus963

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:
Im sorry about that...

I just wanted to know inside the gay community what are the different expressions of being gay are named or view...and the only thing that i know to identify is as being more or less feminine...more or less masculine ...

Ah, sorry I was unclear, Gisella, I never thought you were being unkind :smile: .

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
inkubus963 said:
Ah, sorry I was unclear, Gisella, I never thought you were being unkind :smile: .

Take your sorry back Inki ...i perceived wrong because i sometimes do not get the tone things are been said in english...:redface: :wink:

Kisses

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:
Take your sorry back Inki ...i perceived wrong because i sometimes do not get the tone things are been said in english...:redface: :wink:

Kisses
Gisella, you are precious. The site is a better place for your prescence, honey! Your difficulty uinderstanding what we write is a reminder to all of us to try ot be very clear when we type. Thanks!

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lex said:
Gisella, you are precious. The site is a better place for your prescence, honey! Your difficulty uinderstanding what we write is a reminder to all of us to try ot be very clear when we type. Thanks!

:cool: Thank u Lex...wow:redface:

U think i'm honey....:flirt:

And you are my Vin Diesel... :hug: with all due respect : u are yumi yumi Lex...

:post:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
You think women are 'non visual'?? We gay men are like them in that regard.

Women simply settle for dudes that aren't in shape sometimes. This gets at the root of why many women like the "visual" company of gay men.

Ladies? Don't you like a dude in shape much as we do?

Yes, I do agree with you Stronzo...a hot-looking,
in-shape partner is way more sexy. I can't imagine
just 'settling'...I am very visual.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you, straight guys.

Because of you, I don't have to feel bad about the fact that I never learned to dress myself right.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Matthew said:
Thank you, straight guys.

Because of you, I don't have to feel bad about the fact that I never learned to dress myself right.

So long as you can undress yourself right, that's really all that matters. :wink:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
So long as you can undress yourself right, that's really all that matters. :wink:

He doesn't need help with that either.. We all know Matthew has a different man in his room every night, each more than willing to help him get naked.:biggrin1: