DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Googled it, read a few links and these two seem be quite helpful:

Short guideline.

In-depth guide.

The two don't vary much one from the other (or from what most people will tell you), just differing lengths.

Good luck! Don't nick anything important.:wink:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay I want to shave my pubs but I don't want to get red bumps and I don't want it to itch after words. So does anyone have any good tips on how to achieve this. THANKS

Ok, afterwards, after words would be after people talk to you...Sorry to be a word nazi, but please.

Plenty of shaving cream or whatever you use to lube and lotion after.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, afterwards, after words would be after people talk to you...Sorry to be a word nazi, but please.

Plenty of shaving cream or whatever you use to lube and lotion after.

And here I was wondering what "pubs" were.

Pete: "Okay I want to shave my pubs"

:rolleyes:
Oh come on, he could potentially be a non-native speaker. There was sentence structure and it was clear enough to understand, so why pick on petty details? It's not even an obnoxious thread.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Oh come on, he could potentially be a non-native speaker. There was sentence structure and it was clear enough to understand, so why pick on petty details? It's not even an obnoxious thread.
mmm . . . I wasn't picking, I was just having fun. I thought the image of shaving pubs was funny. oh well.

anyway, I'm pretty sure from the structure and vocab (achieve?) he probly is a native speaker.

hopefully one with a sense of humor.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure

Agreed that there is nothing obnoxious about the thread and it's an honest and sincere effort to learn about something new, which I always find commendable. But you must realize that some of us are just obnoxious enough ourselves to always pounce on sloppy communications. Clear and effective communication is becoming a lost art in our society and people really do need to make an effort to do better in that regard. There, now that my own little Word Natzi response is over I'll get on with my own serious response to the OP's question.

Though I don't shave my pubes (tried it once and didn't like the pre-adolescent look) I do shave my cock shaft and balls regularly and have learned of some things that help. Wherever I have hair on my body it tends to be a bit curly so one of the first problems I encountered was finding ingrown hairs on my cock shaft. That was happening when an emerging whisker would start growing into an adjacent pore with the wrinkled up penile skin confined in clothing during the day. I mentioned it to my doctor who, as a woman, had some knowledge of dealing with unwanted hairs. She told me that one thing I could try was using the Aveeno Positively Smooth moisturizing lotion after shaving as it contains an agent that slows the hair growth and, over time, actually causes the hairs to become finer. That can mean having to shave a little less often which would reduce any unwanted side effects, such as red bumps, caused by shaving. Also, the finer the hairs become over time the less chance there would be for causing the red bumps in the first place. I believe that's why those unsightly red bumps are far more common on men who shave their pubes than women who do the same thing. Women simply tend to have much finer body hair.

I have also found that I could get a closer shave with fewer nicks or bumps by using one of the Gillette vibrating power razors. I have both the 5-blade Fusion razor and the 3-blade Mach3 razors and don't see much difference between the two. You can generally find the Fusion for under $10 but if I were buying one today I'd probably look for the older Mach3 as its refills tend to be cheaper. Either way, the gentle vibrations of the blades seems to give a very close shave without having to apply any real pressure. I even find that I have less irritation on my neck when shaving facial whiskers than I used to with a non-vibrating blade.

Another technique I am employing is to alternate between the Gillette product, used wet and lathered up in the shower, and one of the specialty electric razors used dry after dusting up with baby powder. The shaver in question is the Seiko Cleancut ES-412 and it's design is basically a small cylinder with a single rotary head/shaving screen on its top. Mine is a rechargeable unit but in a recent internet search I was only able to find the C-cell alkaline battery powered version (ES412 Cleancut Personal Shaver Info) and a bunch of rechargeable made-in-China copies. What I have found is that the Seiko will give an even closer shave than the Gillette when dealing with very short stubble and the Gillette will shave off any longer or curling whiskers that the Seiko might miss. And the two techniques cause a different type of mild razor burn or irritation so alternating between the two seems to result in greater skin comfort overall. The Seiko is ridiculously expensive ($50 for a small battery powered shaver) but I consider it worth the investment as it certainly has added useful function to my shaving arsenal.

I've never given it a try, since the above techniques seem to protect me from any obvious red shaving bumps, but one thing I would guess to be effective in treating the nasty looking red bumps I've seen on some guys who shave their pubes is to use the pure juice from the inner pulp of the aloe vera plant. And I'm sure any of the commercially available quality products that feature a concentration of that juice would work as well.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes for you.

zx69

Just Browsing
Media
Hello everyone,

first pete had the nerve to ask the question so anyone with a reply should respect him.

pete i use veet hair removal cream, it comes in different strenghts ie... leave it on for 3 or 5 minutes and for either dry or sencitive skin ?

i put it on with my fingers around my cock shaft, balls and arse ... leave for the allowed time as stated on packet and then shower off using shower gel etc.... result... smooth soft skin on all treated areas and NO spots or itchy feeling when hair grows back

hope this helps or i'll do it for you ??:cool: