Tips for Speedo Style Swimwear Sizing.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just curious if anyone has any tips on how they decide what size of speedo to get.

Right now the brand that I like the best is Nike, and I have a combination of 34's and 32's as my waist is right on the borderline. Some of the 32s feel extra snug but on the other hand some of the 34's seem baggy.

How should I decide weither to size up or size down? I would most likely be wearing them for mostly recreational swimming, sometimes under boardshorts, but also would like to be able to wear them for lap swimming. So using that equation I usually size down to a 32, as that makes them more streamline and doesn't feel like its going to fall off, And I know with use they usually stretch out some. But then again I've heard if there too big the clorine has a greater effect on them, but the same is true if not worse if they are stretched to much, granted I think this mainly applies to the people who double or triple downsize.

Anyone have any pics or drawings of how they recomment measuring?

Thanks.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I tend to size down as it only takes a few swims in the pool before the lycra stretches and relaxes a bit. Then the fit becomes just fine. I try to break in all new speedos with a few swims in a chlorinated pool so that I have a quiver of suits ready for any occasion: training or hot tub party.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tend to size down as it only takes a few swims in the pool before the lycra stretches and relaxes a bit. Then the fit becomes just fine. I try to break in all new speedos with a few swims in a chlorinated pool so that I have a quiver of suits ready for any occasion: training or hot tub party.

Thanks for the info, Yea I agree that they do loosen a bit after being worn, thats why its so hard to size them initially.

Do you ever have a problem with the logos of your suits coming off in hot tubs?

A few of my suits that I've worn in hot tubs, one that I only wore in the hot tub like one time and the logo came off.

Does anyone possibly have any suggestions for keeping the logos on?

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
there is size and cut variation between brands, and in some cases within a brand. I still have identical trunks from one company where the size 34 is larger than the size 36. my first choice is to shop retail where I can try on the products.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
there is size and cut variation between brands, and in some cases within a brand. I still have identical trunks from one company where the size 34 is larger than the size 36. my first choice is to shop retail where I can try on the products.

Yea I love when I can try on new styles in store, but sometimes you just have to take the risk, since around here the only real sports stores that we have are dicks sporting goods and they only sell speedo brand speedos and only in solid black, navy, and royal blue.

I can't be that limited, definatly have to have more choice my my collection, especially when I want to match my speedos to my boardshorts and shirts that I'm wearing to and from the beach/pool.

I'm just a bit ocd about matching my clothes most of the time, my boxers, briefs, etc always have to coordinate with the outfit.

Chicago_Swimmer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nike fits a size larger than TYR and Speedo. If the suit is polyester then you should buy your size. If it is nylon then perhaps you want to buy a size smaller. In the chlorine, the nylon will weaken after a few swims and will feel looser.