Tips to get hot guys to talk to you at the gym

NiceAnonGuy

Expert Member
Media
Hey,

My gym is PACKED with hot hunks.

I’m a fairly good-looking and fit young’ish guy. However, I haven’t had any luck in making many friends in the year that I’ve been a member here. Any tips?

It seems like many of the guys befriend each other in the basketball court but I have no desire for that sport. The sauna is another great spot but the thing is broken half of the time..I’ll save that rant for another day *sigh

I dress pretty provocatively (I.e, stringers, short shorts, etc); but still can’t get that many hot guys to approach me)

I also live in a state known to be unfriendly. And I moved here as a transplant so I don’t have roots here like most others here.

Any tips?

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't wear headsets or earbuds --they are like a sign that say 'don't want to talk / don't interrupt me'; look for other guys that are not wearing ear gear either, _approach_ them in an outgoing tone, 'bro style', energetic and happy. Pick something you observe as your lead in, here are some examples I've seen, overheard, used, or been used on me:
'Hey brother you have really good form, how did you learn?'
'Hey guy I see you here all the time, we must he on the same schedule"
'Dude looking strong! How are you growing you ____'
'man I live [____] shoes! Do you live them? Have you run in them?
'Hey man, that exercise you are doing, what muscle are you targeting? Show me the form'

E4c, etc.... let that be your in to strike a conversation. It does not have to be long, it will bukd from there, even if across days...

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My favorite approach is to them for a spot! Some guys just oblige and go on about their business, others are open to be chatted up :)
Agree with this... I ended up training with a guy for a few years after helping him out and we are still FB friends although that gym closed.

Regarding your clothes, do you stand out for dressing skimpier than the norm?

Last edited:

Eqx1987

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not clear on what you’re hoping to meet guys for. You initially mentioned making friends, but then you mentioned dressing provocatively, which made me think you’re maybe more looking for sexual relationships — hookups, fwb?

Anyway, if you’re actually looking for friends, try group fitness classes, like HIIT. They’re a more social environment, so it’s much easier to strike up a convo. There tend to be more women on average, but plenty of muscled gym guys throw in an occasional class here and there. And then it’s easier to say hey next time you see them in the weights area.

woodyq

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey,

My gym is PACKED with hot hunks.

I’m a fairly good-looking and fit young’ish guy. However, I haven’t had any luck in making many friends in the year that I’ve been a member here. Any tips?

It seems like many of the guys befriend each other in the basketball court but I have no desire for that sport. The sauna is another great spot but the thing is broken half of the time..I’ll save that rant for another day *sigh

I dress pretty provocatively (I.e, stringers, short shorts, etc); but still can’t get that many hot guys to approach me)

I also live in a state known to be unfriendly. And I moved here as a transplant so I don’t have roots here like most others here.

Any tips?
i find getting myself erect and sitting in the sauna reading a magazine works wonders

GS_PL

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reluctantly take up basketball, if that's where the men you're interested in are. Or, change gyms. You've been there long enough to already know why things aren't working for you, so change things up.