Tired of boxers, advice?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Quast, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Quast

Quast Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I've been wearing boxers for the better part of my life now and when I was younger it wasn't that much of an issue but as a grad student with a decent endowment it has started to annoy me with having to re-adjust them every hour or so, do any of you know or can you suggest a type/pair/style of underwear that might be preferable?

Thanks.

2. Kleepye

Kleepye Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I agree with gtc, I made the switch to boxer briefs and love them!

3. Quast

Quast Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, however is there a more supportive type that isn't as "bulgy", living in an apartment with a few other grads I have a tendency to walk around in my boxers in the mornings. I have a feeling walking around with a bulge from my equipment isn't probably the best idea.

4. funguy3

funguy3 Member

Albums:
    the "highly noticeable" bulge goes away after a few times wearing them as they get used to your body. also depends on where your body fits based on sizes. i have some that are baggier, and some that are snugger. i also like hanging in boxers, but shorts/sweats sometimes are worth throwing on if you're shy about it. most other students i know don't care, guys or girls, as long as you don't make a big deal about it, or are at least sensitive about it if they are.

anyways, just an idea! try 'em out - i love em.

5. big_sights

big_sights Member

Albums:
    Trunks- gives you more coverage than briefs, low to moderately less leg coverage than boxer briefs. They tend to flatter both your front and backside. I like boxer briefs, but they have a tendency to loosen a great deal around the leg after hours of wear. Trunks are great to wear under pretty much any form of clothing. I hope I helped.

P.s.- If you start wearing trunks and have a nice butt, don't be suprised by a few smacks to the ass ;).

6. BoxersMan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If you don't wanna show a bulge, I wouldn't go with trunks, to be honest.

Boxer-briefs are your best bet, but you don't want to go for cheap ones. If you go for the Hanes/FTL ones for example, get comfort soft or the other more expensive ones. Otherwise, the elastic gives out.

IMO, the best boxer briefs are from Banana Republic--the softest regardless of how many times you wash them, as well as being really supportive.

7. longhorntx

longhorntx New Member

I'll second Boxersman on the Banana Republic boxerbriefs.

8. D_Ukraine_Muhdik

D_Ukraine_Muhdik Account Disabled

Dude if your roomies see u with a bulge/boner, who cares? Im sure they walk around in their boxers or whatnot. Show it off, u have the bulge to!

9. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    If your boxer briefs loosen a great deal around the leg after hours of wear then you've got the wrong boxer briefs. A good pair with the right mix of cotton/polyester/spandex (and varieties of same) will keep their shape, support you nicely, yet allow bulge room for yer wang. But yes, you will show bulge (if you get the right kind with ample enough pouch) ...not recommended for wear with those you might feel self-conscious around.

As another suggested, you'd best get some lightweight shorts to throw on over them, if modesty is an issue. You might also look into those swimmer like trunks that have the briefs built in, though not practical for use as underwear.

10. TaigaStar

Gold Member

Albums:
    The boxerbriefs would be the change with the least visible bulge for your endowment. Hanes are pretty good because i find they're a little lose; if you're modest, a tighter fit will be a bigger bulge

11. thad

thad New Member

Dude - try colored FTL or Haines briefs, which is what I wear.

If u r hung, so what - show ur junk.

If I were hung, I sure would.

12. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    ... I mean, I suggest Fruit of the Loom (or Starter) boxer briefs, but you say you don't want a bludge, so I'm fucking stumped.

13. Quast

Quast Well-Known Member

No, minor bulging is fine, it's just that my balls create a rather significantly pronounced bulge in standard boxer briefs.

For now I think I'll try a not so tight fit Banana Republic brief. Thanks guys.

14. injoyinit

injoyinit Member

Many have recommended boxer-briefs. While they may look nice, I find the long, tight legs annnoying and if the bulkiness and riding-up of regular boxers are what's annoying you, you won't find much relief in boxer-briefs. You may want to go all the way to briefs, especially if you do a lot of sitting. Don't just get the regular cheapie "tighty whitie" briefs though, get good quality briefs with a contoured pouch, so they will have room for your goods!

Of course, there's always the option of going without underwear altogether!

15. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would say boxers they don't show an outline. But what do I know.

16. funguy3

funguy3 Member

Albums:
    banana republic is hella expensive. just sayin'.

17. B_patrickmcc

B_patrickmcc New Member

Personally I'm a briefs guy. Precisely for the reason you state. I cant stand having to adjust constantly in boxers, and quite frankly need the support for the hangers (if youve ever accidently sat on a nut, you wont ever forget it).
    If your concerned about the bulge, I suggest you sleep in boxers, walk around the house in boxers, and use briefs, (or boxer briefs) when you change for the day.

18. Over-reaching

Over-reaching Active Member

When I wear underwear it's usually boxer briefs. I've found any of the usual, reasonably good brands to be fine (CK, 2xst, HB). Haven't tried Banana Republic, but I might. As to the bulge, I think boxer briefs define me quite nicely without it being so transparent that it's not acceptable, say, at work...

19. BoxersMan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Banana Republic boxer-briefs are $17 and the brief 2-pack is $20. IMO, it's well worth it because I have had my pairs for over a year and they literally still feel and look new. Get the stretch-pima cotton. You won't regret it--either the boxer-briefs or briefs (even tho I've never worn those).

20. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    try either fruit of the loom boxerbriefs or Hanes ringer boxerbriefs they both are great !!!

Draft saved Draft deleted