Tired of it

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't use a lot of punctuation? No need for caps? Spelling is a hassle?

As someone else said, good luck in the job market!

In a sense, this is how I felt when Eminem and Alicia Keys spoke ebonics while accepting their Grammys.

will,

I can't and I won't defend Alicia Key's speaking ebonics at the Grammys. I suppose she has a constituency to appeal to though.

But I do happen to have a deep admiration for her. She is a self-made woman who is very successful based on great talent, personal charisma, and personal strength of will.

Her talent led her to success soon after she graduated from a Performing Arts High School at 16 years old, so she does not have a deep education.

But watch this interview and see how grounded and articulate she is about herself and life. Listen beyond the Brooklyn accent and hear a really intelligent and poised woman answer the questions directly, down to earth, and without a lot of pretense. You cannot help but love this woman (well, I can't help it anyway.)

I love this performance she did recently at the World Music Awards. This is less of a performance than a kind of reaching out to her female fans and celebrating their sisterhood.

/soapbox

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Allegedly the old TOS was merged into the new one so that it is concise and easy to understand. It's concise but it leaves out a lot of important stuff. Yes I actually have a copy of the old TOS as a word.doc. :redface:

This section, along with a few others have been left out of the new TOS. Yet allegedly people are to know and abide by these rules. :confused:

LPSG Terms of Service (Updated 12/2006)
Language- We try to promote the use of good grammar, therefore we'd prefer that you not use leetspeek or internet shorthand, as in “2” instead of “to” or “too,” or shortened words like “ur” for your. For many of our members, English is not their first language and this makes your posts difficult to understand. Perfection is not required, but common sense is appreciated. Simply try to be mindful of these things in order to keep the posting quality of the forum high. Please make your posts relevant, clear and as concise as possible, so that we all may benefit from LPSG.org. Try to put posts in the most appropriate section, and please, only one place.
[/quote]

Do you really think he's not writing the best he can?
No, I do not think he is writing the best he can. Please note the bolded sections of his post below. He states that he intentionally chose that wretched style in which to write. He goes on to say that even though people have told him he is hard to understand he has chosen not to change as he thinks it makes him unique. :rolleyes: It does not. It makes him annoying. :cool:

quote=rbkwp;1902259]Cheers matey .. persevere
Always will be mistakes in everything.... everything
I was/am notorious possibly worse than you ..yrs is easy to understand btw
I was pretty ignorant and chose a style..not intentionally,but just lazily ..quite bizzare now that i think of it ..
Folk mentioned i was hard to understand ..that part of it in me will not change' nor will all the . ...''' /s etc
I still pop in on occasion,after modifying a little people may/not read my posts??? wtf'
Youll re right.. just persevere Morano
enz[/quote]

morano

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This post wasn't meant to ask for anyone's feedback. Although some of you are kind of nice, for others, your little remarks make you REALL immature. Do you see this post? Do you see how well me grammer CAN be. I choose to write shorthand, and those of you who don't understand it must be awfully stupid. If you didn't know, you don't come to LPSG to apply for a job. In my original post i'm really sure i said i'd like to NOT have differences, obviously some of you are too dumd to comprehend.
I have nothing to prove to people here and if you judge someone on how they type, that's really sad. Look beyond the words individually, and see the whole post as a whole idea...then judge.

morano

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear Morono,

I suppose you think this guy is cool:

YouTube - how to get free auto tune

He isn't. He's a fuckwit, and the fact that he's obviously so proud of it is something that I find repellent.

When you learn to speak English, try it. I find your manner of writing the equivalent of watching somebody vomit. Who would object if you stopped writing like an ignorant ghetto-assed imbecile? Try it and see. I'll wager it would be far fewer that those you have been "attacking" you.

If you want to be accepted, then act acceptably. If you want to alienate others, shut up whinging when you succeed.

If you want to be perceived as a nitwit, you're going about it in the right way.

:smile::smile::smile::smile:Oh, and have a nice day! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Ur a fuckin retard, and i hope you get banned or something cuz those remarks get you no recognition or celeb status, just ugly looks from ppl

and if u didnt kno
ur- you're/your
fuckin-fucking
u-you
kno-know
cuz-because
ppl-people

Oh, and have a nice, boring, life

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sit back and smile..>
Justify yr actions..>folks ...NOT of my doing
Its New Years eve NZ...and i have a purpose to celebrate. it does not at this time incl LPSG
Wish you luck in your rationilizing of your LPSG TOS
-and tell me...Whooooooo out of you..saw the avatar of rbkwp..and thought
Fck...what has this c..t tried to say NOW...and could not but help yourself >>> to/too READ ON'.

Consider...its NOT of my doing...>(a repeat of-in case you intellectuals did not notice)

PEACE & a HAPPY NEW YEAR!-2009

--i treasure the day when a Mod/Admin person will delete my account-legitimately..'-
and it sure was not my intention of re-appearing a week before 09 .. to cause SHIT'
--and in reply to post 25.. (i cant say your name because i dont think yr a Cutie)/qt for the intellectuals
GAIRISH were the posts of yourself ...not so long ago...have you conveniently forgotten
WHAT do you say to that...i am asking a decent question?
btw my post was addressed to Morano..not the keeper of all of LPSG..why are you not a Admin lady?
additt... by the way Honey..i have made ever so subtle changes..as you have'
--and if folk cant attempt to understand this then i shall have to strengthen my resolve ... and write even WORSE'...note-i dont use them face thingys.-crime'
enz

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I type both ways, I do not use alot of '";:.?/ because I do not really know when and where to use them. LOL. i can b lzy and type like dis if i wan2 but I can also type like this if I so choose. With me I find I type like dis mor if i am textin some1 at da same time. Other wise I try to spell them all out. I know my spelling sucks and I do at times use spellcheck. I can read all the "slang" ways of typing so I have no problem with people doing it. But that might have to do with me being 19 also.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Allegedly the old TOS was merged into the new one so that it is concise and easy to understand. It's concise but it leaves out a lot of important stuff. Yes I actually have a copy of the old TOS as a word.doc. :redface:
[/quote]

You never realised that this is probably a dialect! Come on, your language is also very different from the english in the UK, don't expect us to understand that too!
He is from Australia/New Zealand, of course he has another dialect. Cool it down b*tch. He is much friendlyer then you and much more loved then you. Just accept his answer, not his writing.

You have it easy, you just post articles that are already written in perfect english.
Well what if is my dutch is better to understand, should I write in Dutch for you because I'm better in that then in english.
Wel dan kan ik U dit zeggen trut, het maakt echt niet uit hoe goed je een taal kunt schrijven, zolang de boodschap maar duidelijk is. Maar jij hebt duidelijk het idee dat jouw taaltje superieur is ten opzichte van anderen. Hou nu dus uw grote klep en blijf liefst hier vandaan.
So, understand that? No probably.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Ur a fuckin retard, and i hope you get banned or something cuz those remarks get you no recognition or celeb status, just ugly looks from ppl

and if u didnt kno
ur- you're/your
fuckin-fucking
u-you
kno-know
cuz-because
ppl-people

Oh, and have a nice, boring, life
Ah, I make the point and then you come behind me and prove it. Thanks, Morono.

pieterjoke said:
You never realised that this is probably a dialect! Come on, your language is also very different from the english in the UK, don't expect us to understand that too!

He is from Australia/New Zealand, of course he has another dialect. Cool it down b*tch. He is much friendlyer then you and much more loved then you. Just accept his answer, not his writing.

You have it easy, you just post articles that are already written in perfect english.

Well what if is my dutch is better to understand, should I write in Dutch for you because I'm better in that then in english.

Wel dan kan ik U dit zeggen trut, het maakt echt niet uit hoe goed je een taal kunt schrijven, zolang de boodschap maar duidelijk is. Maar jij hebt duidelijk het idee dat jouw taaltje superieur is ten opzichte van anderen. Hou nu dus uw grote klep en blijf liefst hier vandaan.

So, understand that? No probably.

Ohhhhh there are a few choice words in there that anyone who speaks English can grasp. Remember that English is closest to Dutch. If you say the words you can make some sense of them.

It isn't dialect. It's just laziness. Nobody is jumping on anyone for whom English is a second or third or whatever language.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It does worry me, what the hell do they teach kids in English class these days? It's an epidemic amongst English youth, especially in urban and sub urban areas.

And I agree with NJQT, it is annoying, you cannot just skim over these posts, they take a while to decipher. It is also written into the TOS, and quite right too!

Then again, I understand that Morano is only a teenager, but please, LPSG is not the place for text lingo and pidgin English 'patois, surely? No offense mate, but keep the troops happy and try to present yourself more clearly here.

@TEOFD if I hav 2 rd a post wer I hav 2 FITB im gon go inzane, kno wot i meen?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Ohhhhh there are a few choice words in there that anyone who speaks English can grasp. Remember that English is closest to Dutch. If you say the words you can make some sense of them.

It isn't dialect. It's just laziness. Nobody is jumping on anyone for whom English is a second or third or whatever language.

I don't mind if it's close to english, believe me, most people don't understand. It is just mean that some people think it is naturally to speak english like it's their native language. That is impossible. My native language is Dutch, I try my best here to talk English, but still it isn't enough. Maybe it's better to only accept people who's native language here is english, because the rest of us is to hard to understand for some people who are lazy enough to translate a bit more then they are used too. Well I try my best, but don't accept it when people use it to me, because don't forget, I'm the one who speaks another language, but also cans peak other languages then Dutch and English.
Just relax and don't attack people on their language. Eventually if you are smart enough, you can understand. Even I understand, and my native isn't English.

I don't mind if it's close to english, believe me, most people don't understand. It is just mean that some people think it is naturally to speak english like it's their native language. That is impossible. My native language is Dutch, I try my best here to talk English, but still it isn't enough. Maybe it's better to only accept people who's native language here is english, because the rest of us is to hard to understand for some people who are lazy enough to translate a bit more then they are used too. Well I try my best, but don't accept it when people use it to me, because don't forget, I'm the one who speaks another language, but also cans peak other languages then Dutch and English.
Just relax and don't attack people on their language. Eventually if you are smart enough, you can understand. Even I understand, and my native isn't English.

Again Pieter, nobody is criticizing non-native English speakers for having to speak in English. In fact, if you look above, you will see that one of the reasons we're asking the OP not write as he does is so that it will be easier for non-native English speakers to understand. We know English is a pain to learn and speak. Most of us still don't understand all of the rules of grammar.

And as for Dutch.... On a highway stop driving through The Netherlands I stopped at a gas station where most of the signs were in English, they were playing American country songs, and the Dutch were speaking English among themselves. It was shocking.

We will criticize a native English speaker for being lazy because there's no excuse for such poor grammar. On the other hand, most foreign speakers, such as yourself, work very hard to make themselves understood and we know it won't be perfect and so give you a break. It's OK. Most of us do not speak another language because we don't have to.

You don't find it remotely insulting that after all the effort you put into writing a post in a second language that you don't receive the same courtesy from someone who couldn't be bothered to do the same for you?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Again Pieter, nobody is criticizing non-native English speakers for having to speak in English. In fact, if you look above, you will see that one of the reasons we're asking the OP not write as he does is so that it will be easier for non-native English speakers to understand. We know English is a pain to learn and speak. Most of us still don't understand all of the rules of grammar.

And as for Dutch.... On a highway stop driving through The Netherlands I stopped at a gas station where most of the signs were in English, they were playing American country songs, and the Dutch were speaking English among themselves. It was shocking.

We will criticize a native English speaker for being lazy because there's no excuse for such poor grammar. On the other hand, most foreign speakers, such as yourself, work very hard to make themselves understood and we know it won't be perfect and so give you a break. It's OK. Most of us do not speak another language because we don't have to.

You don't find it remotely insulting that after all the effort you put into writing a post in a second language that you don't receive the same courtesy from someone who couldn't be bothered to do the same for you?

Not really, because I know I can write/speak english if I try. Some people have more difficulties with it, although it is their native language. I don't mind that much.
Oh yeah, not from the Netherlands here, but from belgium. We don't speak English among us. But if you ask something, we will answer in your language.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For all those who keep criticizing those who come here who do not use English in the way they desire, keep those comments to yourself. Morano writes posts which are understandable. The comedy comes from those who Text message like there's no tomorrow and then claim they can't understand his posts-yeah, sure I buy that. No, I don't.

One of the above posters-who shall remain nameless-has repeatedly posted things which made no sense, and they claim to have been born and raised in The United States. Reading their gibberish (oddly they managed a better post this round) usually leaves me with a headache; however, it is their particular grasp of writing skills.

And which level of English are we going to use? The English as set forth by the British? The English of the 1800s in The United States? And which location within The United States? The North? The South? The English of the year 2000 in Australia? Is the English different in Perth than in Darwin or Brisbane? Even in day to day speaking people have different dialects of English, much of which translates into the written word. Hell, read a few damn books by a handful of Putz winners and you'll notice different styles, different wording to describe the same situations, different approaches on punctuation. Newspapers use different styles.

When I see the different writing styles here, I am not offended-I appreciate the diversity. Remember that? Is that not what this board supposedly offers to all who come here? Or would you all prefer to live in a small box where a great dictator rules your every move?

People want to point at the TOS as they currently are written-well then, you'd all better take a look at section 3 again. Two lines above the part which mentions senseless and unrecognizable content-which many of the harrassment crew would be part of-is the following:

Harassment of, or threats against, other LPSG members.

http://www.lpsg.org/937462-post1.html

If you wish to hold up and wave one part of the TOS then it becomes necessary to wave all of them about. Remember folks, that this is supposedly a support group, not a group for belittling and demeaning. Hell, if I wanted to; I could easily go through all the above posts and pick them apart for spelling errors, grammatical errors, spacing errors-there is no end to the fun I could have doing that.

If your entire purpose in life is to go around on various boards, to criticize, then you might want to ask why it is that you're leading such a dull, depressed life.