Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As an LPSG member, I find it very annoying when I have to decipher a post because there is no capitalization, no punctuation, and everything is in text speak. I have to congratulate all our non-English speaking foreign members for how good they do with their English posts. Pieter does a great job of typing in English, better than some of the US/UK members, yet his native language is Dutch! For the sake of everyones' comprehension, it just makes for better posting when one types in somewhat standard English. I have no problem with text speak when doing a text message because it's easier and faster to type, but on a system where one is not in a rush, proper English is much easier to comprehend. If I was just sending one of my friends a note, I might send something like "r u goin cuz im not", but here, on a full size keyboard, where time and space is not an issue, I would say, "Are you going to the meeting, because I am not going." Again this is just my preference and doesn't reflect any one else's opinion. If you want people in the workforce to respect you, proper language and grammar are pretty much a non-negotiable.

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
pieterjoke said:
Well what if is my dutch is better to understand, should I write in Dutch for you because I'm better in that then in english.
Wel dan kan ik U dit zeggen trut, het maakt echt niet uit hoe goed je een taal kunt schrijven, zolang de boodschap maar duidelijk is. Maar jij hebt duidelijk het idee dat jouw taaltje superieur is ten opzichte van anderen. Hou nu dus uw grote klep en blijf liefst hier vandaan.
So, understand that? No probably.

I do and frankly I think you're a little too touchy about this and you should be very happy not everyone here understands Dutch (or is willing to use a translator to find out what you were saying).

There's no need to be rude (zelfs niet wanneer je iemand overduidelijk niet kunt zetten).

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the above posters-who shall remain nameless-has repeatedly posted things which made no sense, and they claim to have been born and raised in The United States. Reading their gibberish (oddly they managed a better post this round) usually leaves me with a headache; however, it is their particular grasp of writing skills.

Wwwwwah! :crying: You're talking about me. I know it!! :tongue:

And which level of English are we going to use? The English as set forth by the British? The English of the 1800s in The United States? And which location within The United States? The North? The South? The English of the year 2000 in Australia? Is the English different in Perth than in Darwin or Brisbane? Even in day to day speaking people have different dialects of English, much of which translates into the written word. Hell, read a few damn books by a handful of Putz winners and you'll notice different styles, different wording to describe the same situations, different approaches on punctuation. Newspapers use different styles.

I agree.

If I can't read a post, I'll go read something else. Nothing to get my knickers all in a twist.

- - - -

And Pieter, your English is fine. Don't worry about it.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This post wasn't meant to ask for anyone's feedback. Although some of you are kind of nice, for others, your little remarks make you REALL immature. Do you see this post? Do you see how well me grammer CAN be. I choose to write shorthand, and those of you who don't understand it must be awfully stupid. If you didn't know, you don't come to LPSG to apply for a job. In my original post i'm really sure i said i'd like to NOT have differences, obviously some of you are too dumd to comprehend.
I have nothing to prove to people here and if you judge someone on how they type, that's really sad. Look beyond the words individually, and see the whole post as a whole idea...then judge.

:rofl:

I judge you when you use poor grammar.

Last edited: