Tired

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am tired of the SSDD (same shit, different day). I come on LPSG and I see the same stuff over and over. I may not have been here the longest, but I have been here a long time. You get the "wannabes" who claim to have 18" penises. You get the hypocrates and the troublemakers (you long-time posters will remember some of the drama we had last year). I see the same braindead stuff and I am just tired of it. Can't anyone come up with something new that doesn't have to be about bragging about the size of your penis or how your girl can't give you head because you are so huge? Are you here to impress us or get in a meaningful dicussion about topics that affect us and men in general? I started coming to LPSG to chat about just stuff. I have made some friends and a few enemies. I have taken a stand for my rights and gave in when it was time to change. I haven't posted 980+ times with just 3 word sentences. I write with conviction and purpose. I don't call people names and I don't think I am "holier than thou". Venni Vetti Velcro (I can, I saw, I stuck around)

patinero38: Geo,

What does SSDD stand for?

Just new here, but I think I understand your statement...

I'm eager to launch some topics here, maybe not your drift, but honest ones without bragging about.

Me too, in my small world of friends, colleges and aquaintancies I am fed up with no real communication, not daring to come foreward to real feelings and statements.

I think, people feel 'small' more often that they, or anyone realizes... But still bragging or no-content communication leads to zero.

Pat

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad Geo had the balls enough to verbalize what many of us have been thinking for a long time. I'm in contact (via email) with a couple of people from here who don't post anymore, and who only check the board once every few weeks or so, because of the repeated inane posts of people claiming exaggerated penis sizes and the constant focus on sexual things. Yes, we all know that this is a Large Penis Support Group, HOWEVER, there are other parts of our lives than just large penes.

What bothers me more, though, is the waste of time I spend wading through threads that have been covered numerous times because people haven't bothered to read through a board to SEE if the thread has been covered before or not, OR, even better, when they post the same thread in several catagories. That's always a cute stunt...

D_MisterBates

1st Like
Media
being new here i dont mean to critisize, but...

what do you expect on a forum about big dicks?!?!?!

i mean really you can only go so long without hearing the same shit over and over again.
if you want some decent conversation about things NOT sex related i would be happy to invite you to my site, wich is small and has a nice friendly atmosphere.

but really i dont mean to critisize this place, i like it.. but a cock forum cannot help but be limited in some ways, expecially one that seems to have a high member turnover.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
geo, I believe we all feel as you do every once in a while. Just get busy for a few days on other sites (if your LPSG addiction will allow it) or paint a room or something.

When you're ready, things will brighten up a bit. I periodically go through such a mood and my posts fall off dramatically while I sit in my 'pout' chair and watch the blank monitor screen across the room longingly.

No matter how many times a subject is discussed here, there will still be some guy some where who will bring it up again - it's the 'but what about me?' syndrome. We all feel we are unique and don't fit quite the same as others in the hole.

Then, just as you are about to go looking for your shotgun, somebody will post the very subject that will blow away your lethargy and disappointment and - voila! - you are happily reading and posting again.

;)

soccerfanatic

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with some of the responses. Yes it might be irritating to see the same topics crop up repeatedly, but this is a forum for men with big cocks, and often men with big cocks do have trouble recieving oral or fitting inside their women. I understand it must annoy you a little, but that's the whole nature of the site.

Try asking the admin to add more categories to the site, if you wanna chat about sports, music, debate etc then ask for those categories to be added. That kinda stuff is never gonna crop up in categories such as "Sex with a large penis" and "Young and Hung". They do "exactly what they say on the tin", to quote a Ronsil Quick Drying Woodstain advert :)

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There is more to life than the size of your penis. First of all we are men (or at least I hope you are if you have a penis). All men have issues that relate and don't relate to their penises. I know this is the "Large Penis Support Group", but why limit is to that? This isn't just a chat room to try to hook up with hung men. I feel this is more of a men's forum than limited to a body part. Why can't we talk about things that really matter? I leave you with a thought: reality is what you make it, so make it real.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I believe many of us get tired of what we run across here from time to time.
Pecker's advice to "take a break" makes sense. I've been reading the forum less and less myself lately and do not post nearly as often. I find it runs in spells for me, anyway. Often, I just skim over what's being discussed and if I'm still interested, THEN I'll pull up the threads and (might) respond ...IF I feel like it.

Our newcomers here (DAILY ones it seems!) really can't be expected to know everything we've ever discussed beforehand nor know how to adequately navigate around the site to find it. In their defense I suppose, those who join us brand new are just so glad to have found a forum to discuss this topic, they often hold nothing back---they understandbly often go "hog-wild" in fact and ask away and discuss virtually everything they've always been dying to know or, comment on. I find it amusing---this unleashing of pent-up sex questions and concerns.
It's also healthy to discuss this stuff man to man and --woman to man, too!
I remember when I first found this site. 'Thought I had struck gold! ;)

Anyway, when the LPSG "gets old"....I agree. take a few days off and check back in later. Otherwise, it so counter-productive to mince angry words, make waves or upset the forum's otherwise beneficial mood. We're not perfect around here by any means. But we do accomplish some good. (And, we all know that.)

As someone else already noted, I think it's a safe bet many of our members go through the doldrums here from time to time. So, should I say it?
---'Guess we just have to learn to... "hang loose" :D

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Geo, I get sick of dealing with dickheads in every part of my life, not just here. Stupid, egotistical, insecure, look-at-me types with personality problems dominate every public place or social gathering.

Maybe we notice them more nowadays, because technology and the pace of life make it more likely we come across them.

Or maybe there are just more assholes per capita thanks to the kind of society we've created, where bullies win and the right to express one's self is regarded as more important than your responsibility to be courteous or make sense.

BTW, does anyone think people have the responsibility to make sense in public discourse?--that includes open, public places on the internet like this one. Or does a crazy, shouting, dumb-ass rave always count as much as a smart, well-reasoned opinion? The frea speach drowns out the free speech. (Thanks for that term, jonb.) We're getting to the stage where the simple volume of abusive noise makes "freedom of speech" meaningless, ineffective, impotent.

Over the years, I've become more sanguine about it; ignoring the bad and taking the good. Not just online, but everywhere. The principle of free speech is far more important than the inconvenience one suffers being patient with time-wasting dumb-fucks.

And let me stick my neck out. This problem seems worse in the USA.

And I totally agree that we've got something more than a place where we can talk about dicks. It's one of the few places, in cyberspace or IRL, that men talk about real men's issues.

Maybe I'm a little more tolerant of recurring discussions, though. I often find that new threads on recurring subjects harvest new information or ideas. My quest for a bike seat for big balls has been helped by new people raising the same question and getting new responses. (Haven't found the perfect one yet, by the way)

Sorry to drag this thread to a more serious place. You have the right to rave, too, Geo! Some people are just fucked in the head, aren't they?

hb8

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would hope we could all remember that at one time, regardless of how long ago, we were all newbies. The new members joining our group are just that "new." It's often all surprising and an adventure, where people are eager to post and contribute and ask what seems to us old jaded members, old shit we have covered before. Well, it's all new to them. Just as it was all new to us at one time. There are questions which are obviously just voyeuristic or from guys looking for a hook up. We always take care of those situations in our way. Many, many men and women too, have never encountered such an open, honest and intelligent community as ours. We need to encourage, not disparage? This isn't a country club limiting the types, attitudes, colors, genders, sexual persuasions or I.Q. of it's membership. If we don't "bring along" and support the newbies and only we old timers sit around talking to each other, the group dies.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I may add my .02, we are adding new members at exponential rates to what we had experienced in the past, so the repeat subjects have been much more prevalent. So have the newbie braggers. I think these things should not be taken too seriously because they will quickly learn that a) no one cares and B) their serious queries will be responded to in like manner.

I'm as guilty as the next member of adding "filler" when I'm bored, but I have been spending more time on Etc. lately, seems a good place to get into "Other" topics that seem more relevant. As always I groove on the higher level of discourse on here than I find on many other forums, so I try to overlook the trolls.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by geo8x6@Dec 2 2004, 03:47 AM
There is more to life than the size of your penis. First of all we are men (or at least I hope you are if you have a penis). All men have issues that relate and don't relate to their penises. I know this is the "Large Penis Support Group", but why limit is to that?
I understand what you're saying, geo, but as you said yourself, this is The Large Penis Support Group. We do talk about non-schlong issues here sometimes. We have discussed sports, cars, favourite songs and movies, religion, politics, etc, but those are all subjects that we can discuss in the real world. We can find people out there who can discuss those subjects with us without having to worry about it being frowned upon by the general public. But here is a place where we can discuss that one particular idiosyncracy that sets us apart. Society tells us that it's not polite to discuss cock size or the various subtopics that go along with it. It is usually difficult to find someone of similar size who can empathise with what we go through in our daily life, let alone offer us useful advice or suggestions on how to deal with what we must deal with. Here we can can bring our actual queries and experiences without being thought to brag ... and we can do so anonymously, which helps some folks. Yes, there are braggarts and fakes here as well, but there are enough of us who are for real who make this a useful site for those who do face the same situations and are looking for answers. There are bound to be repeats of subjects. If it's a subject that has been discussed ad nauseam, someone can post links to the relevant threads so that we don't have to type the same answer over and over every time the subject is brought up. And if we stray from the subject of big cocks, well that's fine, too. We are a unique community here, and we're bound by more than interest in big penes, but we must understand that it is the subject matter than draws most of our members here in the first place. We all get burnt out from time to time; we're human. Give yourself permission to step back for a few days. When you return, who knows? You may well think, "Now let's get talking about big schlongs again!"

Knight-7x6

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by geo8x6@Dec 2 2004, 03:44 PM
I have found that LPSG is more of a "bragging" site than anything else recently. Everyone is talking with the wrong head. I have been less frequent here than when I was in the past for a number of reasons.
[post=265662]Quoted post[/post]​

I like the site except for the fakers, I was talking to some people on another forum about this site and one person said this was a site with just fakers and you cant believe anything anyone says etc. He said he was an ex member but anyway...This is a nice site, its helped me and I know its helped lots of others.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have noticed a similar trend as well, although it hasn't irritated me as much. My approach has been to read only the threads where the topics looks new/unique/interesting to me--or if it looks like some of my favorite posters (Pecker, Madame Zora, DMW, Max, jonb, et. al.) have spoken as they usually have something substantial and/or funny to add.

As long as the core group maintains thier cool and integrity, the group will be fine. My experience with a lot of different mesage boards is that Trolls don't stick around if you don't feed them.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by LexMan@Dec 2 2004, 02:59 PM
I have noticed a similar trend as well, although it hasn't irritated me as much. My approach has been to read only the threads where the topics looks new/unique/interesting to me--or if it looks like some of my favorite posters (Pecker, Madame Zora, DMW, Max, jonb, et. al.) have spoken as they usually have something substantial and/or funny to add.

As long as the core group maintains thier cool and integrity, the group will be fine. My experience with a lot of different mesage boards is that Trolls don't stick around if you don't feed them.
[post=265676]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm on the level with Lex and zora. I'm new myself and when I was invited to the forum it was under the premise that I act with as much seriousness and maturity as I am capable of which thus far hassnt been a problem. Granted, I'm strange and often times very silly, but I'm a real person. I'm not here to post crap and I'm not here to pay any reguard to the various episodes of retardation that occasionaly appear. If I have something to say, I say it, and if the thred looks intresting, I read it and skip over the things I think are idiodic and most likely B.S.

If theres nothing intresting to read i'll consider starting another thred, or i'll go to another message board or post on my livejounal. If I like what someone posts I try to let them know and cultivate those people as friends. Conversly the assholes are just that, assholes. Not worth getting upset over in any way.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm afraid it seems a bit inevitable on a forum dedicated to well endowed men that you are bound to get fools jumping around.

But its probably mainly 12/13 year olds who come out with the "IE ABI G DICK!!!111ONEONE" rubbish, and so excuseable via hormones.

We need Moderators.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally don't mind some of the topics being repeated, especially when the same topic thread is old and buried. There's too much here for a newbie to take in and search to see if they are dragging up an old issue. Having said that however, this site DOES have a Search feature.

But I certainly agree with Geo that the "I'm 10" long" bit is getting old. I do understand that by nature, this site will attract those type of guys. Kudos to Geo for getting it off his chest though since it seems that there are also others that feel the same way.

Edit: nevermind on the comment about the Search feature....I just realized that's for premium members only.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Nobody should take themselves, or this site too seriously. If you want to talk about politics, go to a political site. If you want to talk about raising children, go to Oprah.com (if such a site exists).

Bottom line, this is the LPSG. Nobody can ever be shamed for talking about their penis on this site.