TMI-Too much info

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nothing. I hate when people tell me their secrets because it is such a huge burden. What really irritates me is that people expect you to listen to their problems, never take your advice and go off and do something really stupid and then want you to listen to them lament about their relationship problems. I am not in a relationship because I don't want to be bothered with that crap so the last thing I want to do is listen to someone else's crap. I know I am kind of mean but I can't help it. I want to have FUN and that kind of stuff is such a downer.

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ha MsThang sounds so much like me there. Relationships are hard work and only worth it if there is an earth-shattering unbreakable bond (which I have seen in some people). Problem is then they become part of you, your life and in my opinion that is not being free. Whether it would make me happy or not, I do not know.

I agree most about the part that people ask for advice and don't follow it, then spend even longer crying on your shoulder when in truth they would be fine if they would have listened originally. To be fair, I have been the idiot in that situation as well though at a time.

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Nothing. I hate when people tell me their secrets because it is such a huge burden. What really irritates me is that people expect you to listen to their problems, never take your advice and go off and do something really stupid and then want you to listen to them lament about their relationship problems. I am not in a relationship because I don't want to be bothered with that crap so the last thing I want to do is listen to someone else's crap. I know I am kind of mean but I can't help it. I want to have FUN and that kind of stuff is such a downer.

I wasn't thinking about their secret baggage so much but rather what their sexual turn are.

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting question. I really would not want to know much of anything about the sexual turn ons, offs or anything else about my close friends and family. To me it just seems to be too much of an overshare. It's easier with complete strangers because we have no other type of connection and I never have to see them in any other setting.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Friends-family that are not a part of my sex life deserve to have privacy, and so do I. Unless some kind of legal complication involves such private issues, such as marrying or being jailed for some kind of reason to do with gender or sex, I do not think it ought to arise. I run a help line, and just as I would not mix private life with ministerial or professional life, I would not share such things with friends/family unless they have the same interest.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The last think I need to know about my family or friends is what makes them cum. I kinda feel that that info is only relevant if you wanna be there when they do. That leaves my family and most of my friends out. Now, if my best friend's neighbor wants to tell me, I might listen...

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think with the advent of the internet there is an oportunity to share things
with strangers that we would never share with our friends. I guess what I was wondering if that once we share with strangers is the next step telling our friends and family. So far I don't see it happening..but that just might be a pesonal choixw

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't wanna know ANYTHING about a family member's sex life...
friends either, actually...but for some reason, friends always seem to want to share things with me...

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some days I feel like I'm everyone's therapist. I don't mind, really, but it takes a lot to give me the heebie jeebies. If not, I couldn't be such a confidante.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting question. I really would not want to know much of anything about the sexual turn ons, offs or anything else about my close friends and family. To me it just seems to be too much of an overshare. It's easier with complete strangers because we have no other type of connection and I never have to see them in any other setting.

I agree. There are also other aspects I would not want to know.