To be or not to be a hand washer...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by nsxdotcom, Jul 1, 2007.

1. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:
    I'm wondering if I'm alone on this one or not.

Originally, I was only going to address the men, but then realized that this could equally affect the ladies. Here's my question:

For example, let's say that you head into a restaurant and that you'd like to wash your hands before you eat. So, you head into the restroom and do just that...nothing else. The whole process may take only 1 or 2 minutes, right? If you head back out of the restroom immediately afterwards, do you wonder if people (since they have no idea exactly what you were doing in there) think "Wow, they were only in there long enough to pee. They obviously don't wash their hands."

When I'm off to just wash my hands, I find myself spending a little bit of extra time in the restroom just to hopefully erase some of the doubt.

Anyone else?

2. dong20

Gold Member

No, I can't say that thought has entered my mind, once my entire life.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The last thing I want to look at in a restaurant is who's coming out of the restroom.

4. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    i am afraid to ask......but here goes..... are you serious? is this really something that you give thought to.....? and do you think others in the restaurant are consumed with what another patron does in a restroom...? lmaoooooooo

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Man your anal... I'm pretty sure I've never payed attention to anyone going in or out of a bathroom...
    Hand sanitizer?

6. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:
    Completely serious. I think washing your hands should be a given - especially when using a public washroom. I think where my question stems is that I have a female friend who has some extremely unsanitary habits. Over the years, I've taken notice to some of them and one of them includes wondering how a girl can go in, pee, wash, and be back at the bar in under a minute. To me, I couldn't care less...I just don't want her touching me. However, I've overheard others making comments about her being a 'dirty person' and how others have noticed and said that she doesn't wash her hands after using the bathroom. (She's also a food server at a local restaurant and I no longer eat there because of it, but that's another story.)

When I heard others making comments about it, it made me take a step back and think. Without witnessing my friend and the comments that she receives, I would have never, ever thought of this, but yes...I'm completely serious.

7. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

TBH that has never crossed my mind, it's nobody's fucking busines what I do in the toilet as long as it's legal.

Not only that, but I don't exactly sit next to the toilets keeping tabs on who goes in and out and wondering if they wash their hands. In fact, who has gone to the toilet is literally the last thing on my mind when I'm somewhere. If it's a pub, I'm just having a joke with friends, if it's a resturant I'm more interested in the conversation and the food than my surroundings.

I dunno, maybe some people think it's normal, but I would class watching and timing people going to the bathroom as more than a bit weird to be honest.

having said that, I do allways wash my hands.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Speaking of misinterpretations when leaving the restroom, don't be seen sniffing at the aromatic sanitizer on your fingers.

9. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

"Alone" gets my vote.

10. viking1

Gold Member

Why not? I love the smell of that stuff.:tongue:

11. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you must live in a town with some pretty judgmental people who have too much time on their hands(let alone soap) if they have nothing else in this world to think about!

12. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    did i hear someone say "KILL THIS THREAD" ?

13. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know, did you? Do you hear these voices often? (sorry, I couldn't resist):smile: !

14. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    I carry hand sanatizer with me all the time so i just reach in my pocket or backpack sqirt a litttle on my hands rub my hands together ad then i am done no worries ot interruptions

15. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

I you're really worried about about it, you can make an ostentatious show of keeping your hands in the air, in an obvious "drying" attitude, as you come out.

16. agnslz

Gold Member

Why not just tell the people that you are with that you are going to go wash your hands? After all, they are the only ones who really may care whether you do or not. I agree with everyone elses assessment that not many strangers are going to be preoccupied with whether another stranger has washed his hands or not.

17. agnslz

Gold Member

That is a brilliant suggestion!:biggrin:

18. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

Well I usually go to the restroom at a resturant before I sit down or just after I have ordered my meal. I piss then I wash my hands. Yes I have smelled my hands as I was coming out of the restroom. Some soaps have a stronger smell I guess. Well if someone ever calls me over to their table to ask me if I washed my hands after I pissed, I will first offer to shake their hands while moving my head to the left and right in the no position. lol

19. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you a surgeon, per chance?

20. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Why does it even matter? Don't waste your thoughts on this.

Draft saved Draft deleted