to cut or not to cut

S

SirConcis

Ever since I got a full circumcision, my opinion on baby circs has begun to change. I am no longer opposed to it. However, the argument "let the boy choose later in life" is a strong one.

If you choose to leave him uncut, make damned sure you explain at the right age (maybe betwene 7 and 10) that his foreksin needs to be able to go back easily when soft AND when hard, and that iof it is just a bit tight, playing with it gelntly and retracting it often will help. Teaching kid to retract when urinating also helps (since the kid ends up retrcating foreksin a few times per day).

If you choose to have him snipped, make very sure that when he is old enough, that you explain to him what was done and why you did it. No false stories, tell him the truth. "Because women feel it looks better" is a better answer than "because your dad is" or "because you're catholic" or "bexcause you're irish" or whatever other stupid excuse parents have been coming up for the last few decades.

ToBe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Primum non nocere (First, do no harm).

There is no medical society in the USA or Canada that advocates circumcision. Despite the large bias in society, they simply cannot justify such a position because there is no evidence to support the assertion that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks. For example:
Circumcision Policy Statement -- Task Force on Circumcision 103 (3): 686 -- AAP Policy

Galen and the ancient Greeks highly valued the foreskin. It is interesting to see how the situation is reversed in the USA and a natural part of the body tested through countless generations of evolution is viewed as pathological. Over the years, mammals and Homo sapiens did well with a foreskin without access to showers or modern tools of hygeine, but all of a sudden, we have decided that it is so difficult to clean a penis (even though it takes about 1/10th of the time that it takes to clean one's teeth).

covilha

Just Browsing
Media
I'm cut. My parents made me cut the foreskin when I was a children, but I honestly wish that i was cut, I dont like it... By the way, it's safe to have a uncut penis, its harder to get some diseases sexualy transmited...

I wish I could choose to be cut or uncut... but now i cant

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wish I could choose to be cut or uncut... but now i cant
That's my only interest in the whole argument. Without an existing medical need, it is unethical to perform routine infant circumcision - whether "most women think it's ugly" or not. Over time, if women see a natural cock as the norm, they would most likely prefer it.

The pro-circ group is hypocritical, and change arguments whenever it suits their need - "it's a parent's right to make that choice for their children" but "children have rights" when it comes to anything else. Most of them would be outraged if it were any other body part being excised, or any other cosmetic body modifications, such as cutting off a finger, tattooing the baby, giving the baby a prince albert or eyebrow or tongue piercing. The excuse that it's only a foreskin is no excuse at all. If it's healthy and he wants to cut it off when he's of age, or tattoo it or pierce it or paint HelloKittys on it, it's his choice. But it's sick for a parent with "issues" to make that decision for an infant.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Over time, if women see a natural cock as the norm, they would most likely prefer it.

Not necessarily true: i've talked to girls from Britain and Europe who said that they don't mind a natural guy, except that the guy has to show everytime - before and after sex -, because he smells like urine.

Think about it: even if you just get out of the shower and have to pee (don't you hate when that happens?), you roll the foreskin back over the head. A few drops of urine make their way out of the meatus and sit in the bottom of the foreskin, causing a stale urine scent.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not necessarily true: i've talked to girls from Britain and Europe who said that they don't mind a natural guy, except that the guy has to show everytime - before and after sex -, because he smells like urine.

Think about it: even if you just get out of the shower and have to pee (don't you hate when that happens?), you roll the foreskin back over the head. A few drops of urine make their way out of the meatus and sit in the bottom of the foreskin, causing a stale urine scent.
And you don't know very much about female anatomy, do you? It's easier for a guy to piss without stinking than it is for a woman. So, what surgery do you recommend we do on women to keep their pussies absolutely fresh at all times?

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
Sadly, in the US not being cut as a baby is a fantastic gift. He'll thank his mom for leaving him intact, especially since a lot of his friends are intact, and he'll enjoy personal and shared sex more. If for some reason he wants to get snipped as an adult, that's his choice. Mom, give him the choice now. Leave the kid alone!

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
And you don't know very much about female anatomy, do you? It's easier for a guy to piss without stinking than it is for a woman. So, what surgery do you recommend we do on women to keep their pussies absolutely fresh at all times?

When urine is kept wet, bacteria grows in it. When it's exposed to underwear, it dries up before bacteria has the chance to multiply.

DC_DEEP: Are you gay, or married? This is actually a relevant question that involves whether or not you go down on a girl on a regular basis.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
an your full of it, bull crap if its better sex with a foreskin, i know diffrent i had uncut and cut and its way better sex when the guy is cut, sure you an few others wont agree here but thats ok with me i still know the better man in bed and hes cut,

As far as I know nobody has said getting cut makes you crap in bed.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

You have talked to girls from Britain and Europe - how many? Scientfic sample was it? I live in Britain and have never heard this mentioned nor noticed the problem. Why make up bullshit like this?

chosencock399

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see what the issue is. Nothing disastrous will happen if he goes uncircumcised, and even if there was problems later on, it can be removed then. Why bother mutilating a cock when there's nothing wrong with it in the first place?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As far as I know nobody has said getting cut makes you crap in bed.

it has been stated in a lot of post, go back just in these few post and you should see it, was stated that uncut brought more pleasure and the cut could not bring. and it isnt true for me, cut gives me more pleasure just saying that i dont agree with what was posted. as its not true for me.
icon12.gif

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
I don't see what the issue is. Nothing disastrous will happen if he goes uncircumcised, and even if there was problems later on, it can be removed then. Why bother mutilating a cock when there's nothing wrong with it in the first place?

This guy seems to sum this up for me. Performing SURGERY on a newborn just because you think some girl in his future might react negatively to something natural on him is kinda weak reasoning, eh?

I think it's just fear of the unknown ("I'm cut. How can I show Jr. how to take care of himself?") and of being different. As if being different is so terribly bad!

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
Good points. "Being different" in a few years will mean you are in the minority--cut guys. As for a cut dad thinking that junior needs to look like dad, the only time they'll ever look alike, even if they're cut, will be after they're both dead for fifty years and their cocks have withered to strings. Having a newborn cut to make it easier for mom or to attract a future female or to make it easier when he grows up is just plain pointless. When he reaches 13 mom or dad can take him aside and say, "Sonny, now is a time to decide. Would you like half the skin on your penis cut off?" Can you imagine a kid who has been wanking a couple times a day with a foreskin chosing to get cut??? At least give him the choice when he's a newborn. Let the baby alone!