To Love or Be Loved?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which do you think is most important, although I prefer to be loved (I'm a selfish, pampered, bitchy, little thing) I think it's more important to love. I think loving promotes more spiritual growth, being loved can just mean accepting that love, whereas loving can mean changing things about yourself, being altruistic, giving, listening more and lots of other things that are positive, but it can also mean jealousy, paranoia, fear of losing the one(s) you love and the ways we have to deal with those negative aspects of loving can be painful but rewarding.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which do you think is most important, although I prefer to be loved (I'm a selfish, pampered, bitchy, little thing) I think it's more important to love. I think loving promotes more spiritual growth, being loved can just mean accepting that love, whereas loving can mean changing things about yourself, being altruistic, giving, listening more and lots of other things that are positive, but it can also mean jealousy, paranoia, fear of losing the one(s) you love and the ways we have to deal with those negative aspects of loving can be painful but rewarding.

Right now I would have to say I prefer to be loved, as I am always loving. Truly, I am. :smile: I hate to sound conceited, but for a person who has recemtly been treated for depression I am pretty optimistic most of the time. It is my nature to be open, giving, patient, etc.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is a toss up. I will say it is great to feel loved by someone for whom you feel the same. It is awful when you cant reciprocate the feelings and it is a wonderful person. I have had a number of instances where men had meltdowns because I had to let them know I didnt feel the same. I do find it frustrating when I am on the pining end of things but I try not to take it out on the person who does not reciprocate because we each have our preferences as it should be. Here is a poem I think that best describes it. It was written by Alexander Pushkin the 19th Century Russian poet.:

I loved you. I love you still too much
But forget this love which pressed
sadly against your will .
I loved you, silent, without hope but true
Jealous, Afraid...
I hope that some day someone will
Love you again the same way.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To love someone is very important. It is beneficial to both parties. It gets you out of yourself. It brings awareness to other people and their needs. It is comforting and reassuring. To love is an intensely overwhelming feeling, it is life, it is reaffirming, it is passion, it can make you see the good in things, love can bring you to the edge of emotions, to love is to feel so incredibly alive and connected, to love outs it out into the world and can have a benefical effect on some many people and things. To love is more than my words can say but I am ecstatically happy that I am able to love.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is a toss up. I will say it is great to feel loved by someone for whom you feel the same. It is awful when you cant reciprocate the feelings and it is a wonderful person. I don't recall this happening since the 3rd grade.I have had a number of instances where men had meltdowns because I had to let them know I didnt feel the same. :tongue: This is not a surprise. I do find it frustrating when I am on the pining end of things but I try not to take it out on the person who does not reciprocate because we each have our preferences as it should be. I can't imagine a man not desiring you? He must have been gay. :tongue: Here is a poem I think that best describes it. It was written by Alexander Pushkin the 19th Century Russian poet.:
Jealous, Afraid...
Quite appropriate.

I think you need to do both as a well rounded person.
As do I

Yes you have to love yourself before someone can love you.
I've heard that before. Yet with all the hateful, bitchy whack jobs that hook-up and get married, I have my doubts.:redface:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quite appropriate.

As do I

I've heard that before. Yet with all the hateful, bitchy whack jobs that hook-up and get married, I have my doubts.:redface:

Awwww Patsy Ann! I love you, sister! I am going to pray that the Lord will send you a good man! One that can take all the considerable amount of love you have to give!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is a toss up. I will say it is great to feel loved by someone for whom you feel the same. It is awful when you cant reciprocate the feelings and it is a wonderful person. Yes, this has happened to me - I don't think his wife would've appreciated that! :eek: Plus I was actually friends with her as well as him, despite the fact that he's the only man I have ever met who I could see myself married to if he hadn't already been married... I have had a number of instances where men had meltdowns because I had to let them know I didnt feel the same. I do find it frustrating when I am on the pining end of things but I try not to take it out on the person who does not reciprocate because we each have our preferences as it should be. Here is a poem I think that best describes it. It was written by Alexander Pushkin the 19th Century Russian poet.:

Jealous, Afraid...

I'm working on the "loving myself" part right now too. I think it would help a lot if I could keep a job for more than 3 or 4 months! I have kept jobs longer than that before - I know I can again, I just need to find a job that won't require such a higher skill level than I have. I also have to (as many women do) make peace with my body. Kind of hard to do in my case, since my body image problems are different from most women's, plus I've had body image problems since I was a preschooler!

I at least know now that I am capable of love. Before I met the guy I mentioned above, I didn't even think I was capable of loving another person.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm working on the "loving myself" part right now too. I think it would help a lot if I could keep a job for more than 3 or 4 months! I have kept jobs longer than that before - I know I can again, I just need to find a job that won't require such a higher skill level than I have. I also have to (as many women do) make peace with my body. Kind of hard to do in my case, since my body image problems are different from most women's, plus I've had body image problems since I was a preschooler!

I at least know now that I am capable of love. Before I met the guy I mentioned above, I didn't even think I was capable of loving another person.

WOw! I hate when that happens.

conchis

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love to love, I love that moment when stupid love songs seem to touch your heart.
am I a silly romantic mediterranean man? yes, I am

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
nothing more special than love being a two way street. having said that, it is more important for me to be liked/loved than i let on i think. am not a robot. and i enjoy giving it back when i feel that way about someone.

good deep question.