To meet or not to meet...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by nzsomebody, Nov 12, 2011.

1. nzsomebody

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been internalising a really complicated situation in my head... and I'm still not sure what I should do.

I've been interested in guys a bit again recently and joined up a popular NZ dating site to see what I could find, since a) finding a guy that's just your regular sorta guy that happens to also like other guys is impossible for obvious reasons and b) there isn't much of a social area in a broken city. Anyway, I've been chatting with a guy the last couple days that comes across as someone I'd like to meet. Like me, he's not out, simillar age, has a great body, has simillar sexual interests/goals, easy to talk with, etc etc.

However, he wants to meet up where we'd then go in his campervan to a secluded area of the city and get to know each other that little bit better, which is where this question arises. The safety concious part (lets call it "my brain") of me says that this seems like a dodgy idea, especially since because I'm not out it'd be somewhat difficult for me to tell someone my plans so they can look out for me.

The other part (lets call it "my penis") says that there's no signs of concern. He's not pushy (like the ones you often get on these sites that send relentless messages about we should meet right now), says he has a decent job and generally doesn't make me feel uncomfortable.

So...what do I do?

2. monel

Gold Member

Just insist first on meeting in a public place so that you can both suss each other out. Then, if everything seems agreeable you can make further arrangements.

Draft saved Draft deleted