To My friends on the left

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mr. Snakey, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

History tells us in our country,we go 4 years to the right,4 years to the left. The next president will likely be a Democrat. Who do you want? :cool:

2. TopDudeFtl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    William Jefferson Clinton.

3. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

Yes. William Jefferson Clinton

I'd take John Forbes Kerry for that matter too.

4. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Tony Blair is looking for a new job.

5. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

we have not had a truly "left" government in this country for alot of years. we had government that wanted to do lots of things for people under lyndon johnson, but he was also a war monger. hard to argue he was "left". he'd probably spit on you if he were alive and you said that to him. civil rights made big gains during the 60s tho. for that, he and kennedy are to be honored.

we teeter between right wing and moderate these days, not between right and left. liberals have no say in the way things are done now. we are a tiny ignored minority. sad. i don't see a left wing government here ever again in my lifetime.

for those that say bring back bill clinton, i am cool with that. highly imperfect, but the best we've had in my lifetime. bill was not "left" in my opinion tho.

"left" (sorry for the excessive quotes) is different now from what it used to be. i want the government out of my personal life and everyone elses. i don't support excessive spending on programs that are stupid. this includes "pork" and the excesses in the military. i'd much rather spend money wisely on education than anything else. it pays dividends for years and years.

6. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

I'd like to see some fresh blood and ideas, someone not yet tainted by the corrupting influence of DC politics. Obama does it for me.

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Tony Blair is a good man He is well liked in America:smile:

8. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Does it now... hmmm... Between Frank Roosevelt and Harry Truman there was a 20 year run, then there was Eisenhower for 8, and then the JFK/LBJ (did his initials really stand for LongBlowJob ?) who consumed an 8 year block of time and then 8 years of Nixon/Ford followed by 4 years of Carter and then 12 years of Republican Reagan and then Bush Senior before 8 years of Clinton and now 8 of Bush Junior (actually it's Dick Cheney and Condoleeza Rice with G.W. merely posing as a figurehead) so it would seem that 4 year theory is out the window. 40 years of Democrat and 36 of Republican since Franklin was elected in '32. Seems to me the next term should be given to a hard to the right Republican...wonder whether Bob Ney will be available.
    Almost anyone other than Hillary.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes you are right,but they have a shot at the whitehouse. My post was just out of interest who they would like,plain and simple. Also the republicans have nobody. Who are they going to run? Who ? John Mcain! It like voting for Bozo!:smile: :biggrin1:

10. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

.... with Barbra Joan Streisand as First Lady !

11. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    You dress left, you dress right; the difference is marginal and the dick's still a dick.

But Whoa! what a difference the marginal can make-:wink:

FM

12. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    Like others have stated here I would love to see WJC return to office either as Pres or VP. An absolutely unbeatablle ticket would be CLINTON/CLINTON. He is still the most loved Democrat of all and the popularity of Hilary wanes but if she ran with Bill either as Pres or VP either one the national support would be overwhelming that is how much we still love BILL .

If our country is able to survive the egregious ineptitude of the BUSH administration I am certain the next president WILL be DEM, especially if the Dems are able to be the voice of the people and bring about the changes Americans want and stop appeasing corporate America as we have for the past 6 farcical years. I have more faith that we WILL survive now since Americans voted with their BRAINS not their faith on Tuesday.

:banana:
    HORSE

13. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

It still perplexes me how some Democrats seem to think that Hillary has any chance at all of winning an election outside of New York. Outside of liberal circles she is almost universally despised. Granted, many conservatives dislike anyone that they can attach the label "liberal" to, and they have endeavored to make this a bad word, but I'm not speaking in hyperbole when I say that she is despised. She will NOT win president in '08, it wouldn't matter who else was on the ticket. I know she's enormously popular among Democrats, but as far as a general national election, she is just about the LEAST viable cantidate that they could put forth.

Personally I'd like to see Jon Stewart or Trey Parker elected president. Stewart being a political centrist with liberal leanings, Parker being mostly libertarian.

As far as people who are actually realistically electable... I'd favor Obama. I'd like to see a split party ticket. Maybe Obama/Giuliani '08. Or Obama/McCain. Obama/Schwarzeneggar (which would require a change in law, I know). Or (even though I'm still mad at him for trying to take away my Mortal Kombat 15 years ago) Obama/Lieberman.

14. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

At least he's articulate and intelligent enough to face the British press. Those guys make our press look like girl scouts. I'd take Blair over our president any day.

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

oh god..

16. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Bozo's a good man. Out with the monkey, in with the clown! That can be their campaign slogan.

17. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Respectfully, that is not what the polling shows at this point in time. It shows that she is absolutely despised by about 40% of the population, but that same 40% says they would not vote for any Democrat proposed to them. She polls well, however, with about 48% of the population. That is the single highest number of anyone who is testing the waters now. It only takes 50% to win. In order for you bleek scenario to be true, NIC, every person who responded that they had no strong opinion would ultimately have to vote against her.

It doesn't matter how much the opposition hates you, as long as the haters are less than 50% of the voters.

18. mindseye

Gold Member

I'm still holding out hope that Al Gore will choose to run in 2008 (I'm sure a few Republicans are holding out hope for this as well...) Tipper's anti-first-amendment attitudes concerns me, and it disappointed me back in 2000 that Al didn't repudiate her views or come out strongly for free speech, but I think he'd be a formidable candidate today. He's insisted he won't run, though.

Hillary Rodham Clinton is an extraordinary fund-raiser, but I agree that she carries too much negative baggage to win primary races, her "early front-runner" status is based on superior name-recognition.

I think the Democratic Party could be very successful with an out-of-the-blue ticket that generates a little buzz based on how unexpected it is. A Freudenthal/Sebelius ticket, for example, would excite voters in the western part of the US, and both are successful and popular Democratic governors who've reached across the aisles in "red" states. As the national economy continues to wither, it will grow in national importance by 2008 compared to the Iraq war. Freudenthal has built a budget surplus in Wyoming during his first term, and Sebelius has seen 22 consecutive months of job growth in Kansas. Their records would be hard to attack by a party that's worn out the "tax and spend" cliche.

Of course, this is a fantasy -- I expect a well-oiled Washington insider to get the nomination.

19. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

I'll see your "oh god" and raise it one :pat: .

20. Shelby

Gold Member

I've got a hunch y'all will nominate the ambulance chaser. He's no dummy. He'll make the most out of what he learned the first time.

He may be even slicker than Willie

Draft saved Draft deleted