To My friends on the left

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, that sounds great Mindseye, except for the Southeast which will not be able to pronounce their names! Great stats about Kansas though Mindseye, and thank you for all of your hard work for the election, you are a role model!

I agree with NineInch, Hillary Clinton is HATED in the South, that if she is elected, you will see another mid term backlash where the Republicans will take back the houses of congress.

My favorite Democrat is... don't laugh... Russ Feingold (Another name the rednecks can't pronounce. lol) He is a principled man with no dirt! He is a senator with a progressive voting record to trash him by though (One of the few progressives in the senate)! So forget about him. I DO have four words to say though!

Mark Warner and Wesley Clark

This ticket will ensure a victory for the White House

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes you are right,but they have a shot at the whitehouse. My post was just out of interest who they would like,plain and simple. Also the republicans have nobody. Who are they going to run? Who ? John Mcain! It like voting for Bozo!:smile: :biggrin1:

I think McCain has the potential to beat anyone the Democrats throw out there, including Hillary.

Like others have stated here I would love to see WJC return to office either as Pres or VP. An absolutely unbeatablle ticket would be CLINTON/CLINTON. He is still the most loved Democrat of all and the popularity of Hilary wanes but if she ran with Bill either as Pres or VP either one the national support would be overwhelming that is how much we still love BILL .

I don't think a ticket with Bill for VP could get elected. It would be a blatant attempt to get him back in the White House, and it's borderline unconstitutional.

If our country is able to survive the egregious ineptitude of the BUSH administration I am certain the next president WILL be DEM, especially if the Dems are able to be the voice of the people and bring about the changes Americans want and stop appeasing corporate America as we have for the past 6 farcical years. I have more faith that we WILL survive now since Americans voted with their

If you think the Democratic party isn't also in bed with corporate America, then I think you're being naive.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you think the Democratic party isn't also in bed with corporate America, then I think you're being naive.

Should the Democrats stand by and let the Republicans get so rich off of corporate money, that they grow so large as to be indestructable? Should the Democrats only take money from the struggling middle class and the very few wealthy donors that they have, only to be trounced by the Republicans with their gold lined corporate coffers?

The Democrats are not in bed with corporations, they are just playing the same game that the Republicans created and perfected. Corporations are in this country because the people put them there buying their services and products. They are an American institution which has absorbed most of the world's resources and hands them out freely to politicians who will do their bidding. Taking money from corporations is way more ethical then the Green party taking money from Republicans. Don't forget, they Dems we have in the houses of congress right now ,are the most honest, capable politicians that the Democratic party has ever claimed. They take corporate money, and then vote how they want to vote, irregardless of the corporations wishes.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On Tony Blair:

Tony Blair is a good man He is well liked in America:smile:

You can have him. Anytime you like. Today works for me. But, I have to warn you, and I'm speaking here from almost 10 years of him as PM...... (you have had GW for only 6) you'll be soooorrrry.

At least he's articulate and intelligent enough to face the British press. Those guys make our press look like girl scouts. I'd take Blair over our president any day.

In principle I agree with your first two comments. As to the last; see above.:smile:

Congrats on the outcome of your Mid Terms, shame it wasn't a General but it's a start. Note to MZ; you see those pesky machines worked for you after all.:wink:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love watching the Prime Minister's questions on C-SPAN! Tony Blair is so flippin' intelligent... I think that is what us Americans respond to, it's just extremely refreshing. The members of the House of Commons are also so damned witty... the questions always make me crack up!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I say our next president should be Vic Snyder, US Congressman from Arkansas. He has a couple of blemishes on his voting record (IMHO) but generally would be a good choice. A much better choice than most we've had in a several years.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
On Tony Blair:

You can have him. Anytime you like. Today works for me. But, I have to warn you, and I'm speaking here from almost 10 years of him as PM...... (you have had GW for only 6) you'll be soooorrrry.[quote]

I love watching the Prime Minister's questions on C-SPAN! Tony Blair is so flippin' intelligent... I think that is what us Americans respond to, it's just extremely refreshing. The members of the House of Commons are also so damned witty... the questions always make me crack up!

I enjoy very much his personality too..the way they exchange between themselves, plus the way they are arranged as sitting goes..English people may laugh at me but for me is one of best ways I see the 'cozy' in their cultural ways..doing politics 'English' way..because the TV humor series I dont like very much, just a few.

By the way Tripoid..do you like C-SPAN too?:cool: :wink:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes Gisella, I am a C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 nut, good thing I don't have C-SPAN3, because I would probably never watch anything else! Weekends are spent with C-SPAN2 BookTV on the television... I don't watch, I just have the TV blasting so loud that I can here it throughout most of the house! How do you think I stay so well informed? Oh yeah... NPR and LinkTV round out my domestic and world affairs information gathering.:tongue:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes Gisella, I am a C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 nut, good thing I don't have C-SPAN3, because I would probably never watch anything else! Weekends are spent with C-SPAN2 BookTV on the television... I don't watch, I just have the TV blasting so loud that I can here it throughout most of the house! How do you think I stay so well informed? Oh yeah... NPR and LinkTV round out my domestic and world affairs information gathering.:tongue:

Cool..I watch when I can..and many issues I don't no the basics to wrap everything in my head. But what I did was very interesting plus few books reviews too.

I have to wacht it more to know more!!!:cool:

Thanks.:smile:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Respectfully, that is not what the polling shows at this point in time. It shows that she is absolutely despised by about 40% of the population, but that same 40% says they would not vote for any Democrat proposed to them. She polls well, however, with about 48% of the population. That is the single highest number of anyone who is testing the waters now. It only takes 50% to win. In order for you bleek scenario to be true, NIC, every person who responded that they had no strong opinion would ultimately have to vote against her.

It doesn't matter how much the opposition hates you, as long as the haters are less than 50% of the voters.

I strongly question the validity of whatever poll(s) you are referring to, and I have seen many others where Obama, Edwards, and others fared much much better than Clinton. It's possible that whatever polls I was looking at were actually the ones that were skewed, but they do reflect the general consensus that I have heard outside of this site (which is ultra ultra liberal). I think the Republicans would have to run Cheney or Rice in '08 if they wanted to lose to Clinton.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mark Warner and Wesley Clark

This ticket will ensure a victory for the White House

I like Clark alright but after 2000 I don't see him running again. He didn't even seem to really want to the first time. Warner might be good for my state as he's a Virginian, but didn't he announce already that though he was earlier considering a presidential run he's now decided against it?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Barack Obama - Pres.
John McCain - VP (yes, like the West Wing with Santos and Alan Alda's character).

Wm Clinton as Secy of State.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn... I didn't hear about that... They must have some dirt on him and convinced him that NOT running would be in his best interest! Yeah Wesley Clark isn't a very dynamic guy... kind of boring, but he was the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO for a bit right? That was good enough for Eisenhower (I know that there is NO comparing WWII with the Balkan crisis)!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Barack Obama - Pres.
John McCain - VP (yes, like the West Wing with Santos and Alan Alda's character).

Wm Clinton as Secy of State.

Or maybe Colin Powell VP? Since a lot of people on both the left and right seem to think McCain is a bit fruity. Wouldn't that be something? The first President of color and VP of color on the same ticket.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn... I didn't hear about that... They must have some dirt on him and convinced him that NOT running would be in his best interest! Yeah Wesley Clark isn't a very dynamic guy... kind of boring, but he was the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO for a bit right? That was good enough for Eisenhower (I know that there is NO comparing WWII with the Balkan crisis)!

If they had any good dirt they'd probably keep a lid on it and save it for after he already won the primaries and it was too late to back out. I think he just wanted to spend more time with his family. I know it's an old standby excuse but it makes sense. Running for president, let alone being one, is a tough job.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Damn... I didn't hear about that... They must have some dirt on him and convinced him that NOT running would be in his best interest!

I'm not sure that's the reason. Warner went on record on November 4 as saying that he was going to run for another office, just not the 2008 presidency. He may be looking at returning to the Governor's mansion in 2009 (term limits in Virginia apply only to consecutive terms, so he's eligible again), or possibly to John Warner's senate seat.

If he had enough "bad dirt" to quit a race, I doubt he'd be looking at another race. My guess is that some financial backing he was counting on fell through.

See, Warner has only won *one* election in his life, the 2001 gubernatorial campaign. He significantly self-financed his own campaign, pouring in $5.1 million out of his own pocket into the race (this source does not include an additional $850,000 in non-reportable expenses). For a statewide race, that's enough to buy a lot of publicity. For a national race, it's chickenfeed. Warner does not have much fund-raising experience, since he never really needed it before, and may have realized that he didn't have the fire in his belly to go out and beg for money.

It's all speculation, but I think Warner's decision to bow out was more due to finances than to "dirt".

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You know what I would actually really like to see? The Democrats run Hillary in '08. The Republicans run Jeb. And then a third ticket- with any of the Centrists, Moderates or Libertarians I've listed above running as independents- blow the other two out of the water. They get to Washington due to loads of free press because of the novelty and idealism of the campaign they run, not beholden to any corporate or special interest monies that helped get them elected, not married to the rigid idealogy of either party, not committed to supporting their own party members at the cost of everything else- then they shake up Washington, banish all the lobbyists, break down the military-industrial complex, illegalize partisan gerrymandering, investigate and prosecute political corruption in both parties at all levels, institute radical campaign finance reform, repair the damage that has been done to the country's image internationally in the past several years... maybe even outlaw political parties while they're at it.

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I want my next president of the United States of America to be Barack Obama.
Not because he is black.
Not because he is Democrat.
I read his book and he impressed me with his honesty, wit, and intelligence. He is a true leader.
If you don't know who I am talking about, you will soon.
Jake

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I strongly question the validity of whatever poll(s) you are referring to, and I have seen many others where Obama, Edwards, and others fared much much better than Clinton. It's possible that whatever polls I was looking at were actually the ones that were skewed, but they do reflect the general consensus that I have heard outside of this site (which is ultra ultra liberal). I think the Republicans would have to run Cheney or Rice in '08 if they wanted to lose to Clinton.

Well, it's Democratic party polling, which I confess comes with some objectivity issues, but they have no real reason to want her to do better than anyone else in the party. I have no real affinity for her personally, and am not pleading her cause, just noting that the professionals put together many scenarios under which she could win. (I recognize the bias of this site, by the way. It is one of the reasons I like it. Surely you are aware that where you are situated is hardly predictive of the nation, however. Notwithstanding a notable new senator, Virginia is about as right wing as anywhere in the US except Georgia, Texas and Idaho. What you are hearing might be biased, as well.) I still contend that it is not how much baggage Hillary carries that matters. Who cares if all the Republicans and righties hate her? They weren't going to vote for a Democrat anyway. I think you underestimate how import the women's vote is, and how many of them will be energized by a female presidential candidate.