Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What we need is a good President. Who cares what race or sex the person is. I want them to be good, not a product of the political machine. Call me idealistic, if you will, but we don't have (and have not had) a President who really cared about his country and people in a long time.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree... I think Barack Obama could do wonders as the President.... and I don't think he's too inexperienced. He's getting experience now, isn't he? And he's so intelligent and down to earth, that I think he's going to pull through no matter how little experience he has.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I still REALLY like the souds of Russ Feingold as a president. He's one of the few senators who's never flopped on an issue once. I think his decisiveness, lack of party loyalty, and clear standard for fairness, would prove of great use in the whitehouse. These are three qualities that are missing from our current president.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I still REALLY like the souds of Russ Feingold as a president. He's one of the few senators who's never flopped on an issue once. I think his decisiveness, lack of party loyalty, and clear standard for fairness, would prove of great use in the whitehouse. These are three qualities that are missing from our current president.

Decisiveness is lacking in GW? How can you say that? He's the DECIDER!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What we need is a good President. Who cares what race or sex the person is. I want them to be good, not a product of the political machine. Call me idealistic, if you will, but we don't have (and have not had) a President who really cared about his country and people in a long time.

One of the few statements made that I agree with totally! With what the government has become in the past few administrations, I unfortunately don't see that happening:frown1:

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The 2008 election is going to be fun to watch since there is no incumbent running or a VP trying to get a promotion. Repubs just relinquished control of congress after 12 years; Clinton was elected after 12 years of Republican president; so the next president should be a republican.

I agree with NineInch, Hillary Rodham Clinton is in no way electable (and if she is as smart as people say she is; she won’t even bother running). The only way I see Hillary winning is if the Repubs run Jeb with Dubya as the VP nominee. Brrack Obama is a senator two years into his first term, he knows and we know that there is no way anyone is going to nominate him. He is just putting on this dog and pony show to become the frontrunner for the VP slot. Gore is not a bad choice if they can get him to run.

John McCain stands a decent chance if he picks a strong, well liked candidate for Veep. Powell is not a bad choice for this. So, is Condi (but I am under the impression that the Republican Party elders still tend to think that the only place for a woman is in the kitchen: barefoot and pregnant).
Is anyone else wondering what dirt they had on Bill Frist to get him to decide not to run?

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with NineInch, Hillary Rodham Clinton is in no way electable (and if she is as smart as people say she is; she won’t even bother running). The only way I see Hillary winning is if the Repubs run Jeb with Dubya as the VP nominee.

I can't think of any circumstance where an ex-president would legitimately run for vice president. Everyone would see it as an attempt to stay in office and pull the strings.

Brrack Obama is a senator two years into his first term, he knows and we know that there is no way anyone is going to nominate him. He is just putting on this dog and pony show to become the frontrunner for the VP slot.

Less-experienced politicians have won the presidency before. JFK hadn't accomplished much in Congress when he won, for example. Almost no one intentionally runs for the VP slot. It isn't a good place from which to run for president. The main reason Obama really has to consider it this time is that he's popular and it might be the best scenario he'll have for a long time. Both nominations are wide open. If a Democrat wins the presidency, he'll have to wait eight years to run for president. And if a Republican wins, he'd have to run against an incumbent four years from now.

Is anyone else wondering what dirt they had on Bill Frist to get him to decide not to run?

It isn't mysterious. He embarrassed himself in the Schiavo fiasco, didn't accomplish the things the religious right wanted, and there was a stock scandal involving the healthcare conglomerate his family founded. So the GOP base that he was counting on wouldn't have been strongly behind him.