To Rob_E, our new owner

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Rob,

let me be straight-forward: Get your act together and this board set up! You have a high number of failures, technical mishaps and down time. What's wrong? Your server provider's screwing up?

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL - me & GoneA talked by e-mail last night and figured there would be a thread like this today.

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Claire,

I appreciate your straight-forwardness. I, too, am sick of the site crashing every night. I've stated it before, but here it is again. I had to move the site in a hurry, and didn't have time to order and prepare a proper server for it. I doing that now, it should be ready by this evening. This move should prevent any future load issues disrupting the site.

The other major problem is that when the site was moved from the old Invision board a lot of the data became corrupted. Thus, the prevalance of duplicate posts, missed or empty PMs, and overall database errors. I have been working non-stop to fix these issues, but it takes time.

My too the point response is, I'm working on it as fast as I can, I've got big plans for the improvement of this site, but I've got to put my house in order first.

Please bear with me.

Rob

Ryandaoc

Just Browsing
Media
Rob,

I have to do similar things for a living and completely understand what you are running into. Everyone needs to have a bit of patience.

Rob, I might suggest a sticky post with a "State of LPSG" where you could put little posts about what's being done and what's next on your priority list. This might help mitigate some of the ruffling of feathers out there.

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if anyone would like to buy a life you can PM me they are only $500 US dollars. never been used before. if you dont like your new life you can return it for a full refund (minus a 50% restocking fee and $249 shipping & handing fee.)

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Matthew said:
LOL - me & GoneA talked by e-mail last night and figured there would be a thread like this today.

yup ... our necromanticabilities should be documented.

*becomes a psychic*

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GoneA said:
yup ... our necromanticabilities should be documented.

*becomes a psychic*

ewwww, you two fuck dead people?

Rob, we've been here before and we keep coming back. I appreciate the huge effort you are putting into this place and look forward to hearing from you more once the initial bugs are worked out.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
madame_zora said:
ewwww, you two fuck dead people?
You must've seen the movie!

(It was called The Sick Scents for those who haven't).

Actually, "necromantic" means we just wine & dine dead people. No sex on the first date.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
and Rob_E ... from one person who works/worked in technology to another ... i'm sure your doing a great job and i know these things are very, very time consuming. when the forum is complete, so to speak, i'm sure people will be singing the praises.

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ryandaoc said:
Rob,

I have to do similar things for a living and completely understand what you are running into. Everyone needs to have a bit of patience.

Rob, I might suggest a sticky post with a "State of LPSG" where you could put little posts about what's being done and what's next on your priority list. This might help mitigate some of the ruffling of feathers out there.
well, her tits are bigger(a little)
JUST KIDDING. YOU PEOPLE.:D

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GoneA said:
and Rob_E ... from one person who works/worked in technology to another ... i'm sure your doing a great job and i know these things are very, very time consuming. when the forum is complete, so to speak, i'm sure people will be singing the praises.
_____________________________________-
I can just hear Laura Petrie now trilling, "OH, Rahhhb!"

Pappy

Media
I'm sure Rob is doing his best to get things sorted out. We all know how cantankerous computers can be and servers are computers on drugs. Rob has already stated that he's moving us to a new server and he's, for the most part, kept the site up and running while making this move. Anyone remember the last time we moved to a new server?? We were down for almost a week. So being down a couple of hours a night is really not a big deal, IS IT??

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I'm just your everyday, average, impatient customer, so deal with me the way every salesman does, bear them (and not BARE them). Hope you can get the server hooked up properly.