To Straight Men: Why are you so sexy?

This question is probably overwrought. But I would love to know from a straight man's perspective, what it is that makes you so god damn appealing to gay men like myself...

Any input could save me some serious money on therapy. Thank you.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
First of all, you don't find all straight men attractive. I'm certain that most straight men are as gross to you as they are to most straight women. That said, one reason could be that there are a lot more straight men than there are gay men. You like men. I've found a couple lesbians attractive because I like women. If 80% of women were lesbians, I can only imagine that I'd like a lot more.

The alternative, especially if you aren't pursuing sex with gay men, is that you simply have a fear of intimacy and want what you can't have because it keeps you from actually opening up with another human being. That's a much sadder answer though.

elgarcon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
THEDUDE...that was remarkable insight into the mind of a gay guy. I think everyone wants what they can't have to a certain extent, but to be attracted to straight men to the exclusion of gay men is usually a sign of some combination of fear of intimacy and self loathing. There are plenty of genuinely masculine gay men and effeminate straight men.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This question is probably overwrought. But I would love to know from a straight man's perspective, what it is that makes you so god damn appealing to gay men like myself...

Maybe it's the fact that we're not trying to appeal to you.

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think I know why.

If you're a homosexual male, you like the same sex, men. Correct? So, most of the time, if you like men, you'd want a man who does man things. A man who's... manly. What's more manly than a man who likes to fuck women, you know?

That's just how I see it.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

God is punishing you? :rolleyes: Naw, seriously, we're not all sexy. Just me.

Or, perhaps, it's just that what is unattainable (the opposite of the 'low-hanging fruit') is more desirable.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many gay men don't find most straight men attractive. Some are, but it is probably simply because they are men ...like many straight women sometimes find a gay man attractive ... ( without knowing he's gay I mean - when they do know, I think that's maybe something different ... )

For me, anything too extreme/ exclusive/ unattainable isn't really all that attractive.

I just like people to relax and be intelligent. And have a sense of humour. Everything else comes later.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

There are many men who are sexy. Some may be straight...bisexual...gay...asexual.

If you found a straight man sexy...somehow you have eroticized/fetishized them. The fact that they don't want you is part of the thrill. Or the fact that they have said that they are straight and that probably makes it safe for you to eroticize them because nothing would come of it...(that is if the man IS straight.).

I don't want a straight man. I am a gay guy. I admit there are some hot straight guys out there. Do I want them? No. There are some gay guys that want straight men. I have seen them at gay bars....buying straight guys drinks...drugs...giving them money...doing all kinds of things to get those dudes to have sex with them. I know a few straight men that got their college tuition paid for by some rich gay men. I knew a rich guy that paid a really hot woman to fuck the straight guy in front of him.

I think I know why.

If you're a homosexual male, you like the same sex, men. Correct? So, most of the time, if you like men, you'd want a man who does man things. A man who's... manly. What's more manly than a man who likes to fuck women, you know?

That's just how I see it.
I'd tend to agree.