To the Authors of LPSG...(Please Read)

cocktailweenie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The problem is that the site restricts the number of words per story and does not provide an easy way to concatenate them if additions are made, so that the later parts are displayed in order.

jakethesnake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The problem is that the site restricts the number of words per story and does not provide an easy way to concatenate them if additions are made, so that the later parts are displayed in order.

Well as far as full stories go if that's what you're talking about why not just upload them to a filesharing site and post a link in the post. That way authors could give a bit of a preview of the story and then have a link to the rest of it, if the readers enjoy.

I also have been thinking and I feel LPSG should try and keep some sort of organization for the stories. i.e. completed stories, stories in progress, genre, etc. obviously this is a forum based site so it may not be the easiest thing to do.

But I do think there could be a thread that could be kept updated with links to the threads within the section that are completed stories or something down those lines.

I've also noticed some of the responses had to do with how many readers decided to post comments or how many hits they were getting or whatnot?
Seriously? This is an internet site, I don't know what you guys expect, yes some stories do get more comments than others and maybe undeservingly but again what's it matter? Isn't the purpose of your stories to get them down and out of your head, and to save them more or less? It's not like a sex story is going to alter someone's life, I don't mean to belittle anyone's work here.
I'm starting to question the egoes though that are involved based on some of the reactions. I don't think LESG.org is Large Ego Support Group, but meh...

Just my thoughts, I'm not trying to offend anyone specifically, I guess I'd just question the reasons you're posting on an online forum if your soul goal is hits or responses.

Post your work, know inside you're helping someone get off at the end of the day and sleep well, write again. I'm rambling now I'm tired anyway keep up the good work writers and please finish the stories you write.

Last edited:

asa9bobnote3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well as far as full stories go if that's what you're talking about why not just upload them to a filesharing site and post a link in the post. That way authors could give a bit of a preview of the story and then have a link to the rest of it, if the readers enjoy.

I also have been thinking and I feel LPSG should try and keep some sort of organization for the stories. i.e. completed stories, stories in progress, genre, etc. obviously this is a forum based site so it may not be the easiest thing to do.

But I do think there could be a thread that could be kept updated with links to the threads within the section that are completed stories or something down those lines.

I've also noticed some of the responses had to do with how many readers decided to post comments or how many hits they were getting or whatnot?
Seriously? This is an internet site, I don't know what you guys expect, yes some stories do get more comments than others and maybe undeservingly but again what's it matter? Isn't the purpose of your stories to get them down and out of your head, and to save them more or less? It's not like a sex story is going to alter someone's life, I don't mean to belittle anyone's work here.
I'm starting to question the egoes though that are involved based on some of the reactions. I don't think LESG.org is Large Ego Support Group, but meh...

Just my thoughts, I'm not trying to offend anyone specifically, I guess I'd just question the reasons you're posting on an online forum if your soul goal is hits or responses.

Post your work, know inside you're helping someone get off at the end of the day and sleep well, write again. I'm rambling now I'm tired anyway keep up the good work writers and please finish the stories you write.

Well said, and what I wanted to say.

It's been educational finding out the reasons why people post stories, and I'm glad this thread is here, so I too, am not addressing anybody in particular.

I wish there was a forum attached to Nifty so we could interract.

As readers we have to put an awful lot of trust in the authors when we don't know anything about a story that is presented to us.
It looks like a lot of the authors themselves don't know how their story is going to proceed.

In the literary world, books are written with a begginning, a middle, and an end, then they are printed, then reviewed, so we know if they're likely to interest us.

Now, on sites like this, and Nifty, we are presented with a first chapter, and, it appears, that if it's going to continue we have to heap praise on the author, and even sometimes suggest story-lines.
Then, chances are that it still won't be continued, let alone completed.

As someone once said: "Include me out."

I like to have a complete story to read, and in sites like this, Nifty, Literotica, and others, there are plenty of those about.

If we're patient we can see which part-works were finished, and then choose whether or not to read them.

Last edited:

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I couldn't write a long work that might take me a year or so as I'd keep worrying that no one would enjoy it.

You really shouldn't worry that way! If you do find yourself worried about who will like something you are writing, then I guess you should stop right away and write something else.

Writing should be for the enjoyment of the author before anything else. If the author doesn't like it, then no one will. If you find yourself worrying about who will like it, then I guess you're not enjoying it enough.

grumpyguy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I'm one of the guilty here. I'm probably not the typical writer on this site but I do have something to offer on this subject. I've written three stories, completed two, so I'm at 66 percent. The first story didn't get finished because the reviews were mixed.

In all three cases, the stories were written as I went. Though I had a -- ahem -- climax in mind, I let the readers offer suggestions. That's because I find this kind of writing the most difficult. I rely on the reviews to pull me forward. In the case of my first story though, the reviews were not positive enough. I'm not blaming the reviewers, bad reviews are my fault, but they were what they were and I quit when I did.

And, I did write some more on the story, I may yet finish it, but I'm unlikely to publish it here.

A.