To the Banned from the Damned: A Video Message from JSZ

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Percy_Prettywillie, Sep 7, 2011.

1. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

This was made for the handful of people I've had an issue with over my time here. I hope you'll watch it through to the end. I won't go too deep into its content (since it is more than ten minutes long) but suffice it to say it is an olive branch to a few members out there.

OH! And if you're wondering why my right arm is in perpetual motion, I'm scratching my leg from where my dress socks were after having worn them all damn day long. I noticed in the video it looks like I might be masturbating below the camera for a little while and I'll assure now that I was not. :)

Enjoy.

JustSomeZombie

To the Banned from the Damned: A Message from JSZ | The Parasitic Gap on blip.tv

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    That was quite possibly thirteen minutes of the most self-obsessed, flatulent narcissism currently available on the internet. Someone's off their meds, I think.

And please: stop touching your nose. It looks all kinds of bad.

#2 Bbucko, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

Thanks for saving me the time, B.

4. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Heh, kind of reminds me of this cartoon character, from a very well known UK mag, Viz, of whom displays pretty much the same level of narcissism as the OP.....

Spoilt Bastard | Facebook

Attached Files:

5. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm going to keep my opinion to myself and just say I appreciate your apology.

6. Patchos

Gold Member

Does anyone know where I can find the remix of this video? It sort of has a bigger bassline. I've tried YouTube already.

7. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

I think this is only fair.
    He said he was offering an olive branch, and that is what he did.
    Some seem to be offended by his vibe or something ... and that's their right.
    But we can't help our vibes, narcissism is not a capital offense, and I think we need to recognize good intentions when they are declared and backed up with action.

That said, I think jsz should work on wording his written posts a little more diplomatically. This is only partly a matter of facility with language. You also have to keep a steady sense in mind as you write -- particularly if you're posting about someone -- that humans are touchy creatures, not all that rational, and an excess of tact is almost always better than too little.

He's good with language, imo.
    In fact, while I appreciate his making the video, I think he comes across better in his written posts.
    He just needs to be a bit less brittle ... a bit softer ... when writing them.

8. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    ya'll stop spoiling it for me, I haven't watched it yet.

9. Patchos

Gold Member

He was dead ALL ALONG!

10. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    A few things, just for JSZ. I am not trying to discuss this with anyone else.

I always thought you were a kid, maybe a college student or something along those lines.

You look a lot gayer than I had you pictured, and sound more effeminate than I had thought.

I don't know what business you are in, but I think you would look better if you wore a half windsor, or pratt knot in your tie.

Shame on you ;) for not mentioning me.

I think the video was a good idea, all in all it turned out nice.

11. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I know this was just for JSZ but I thought he looked less gay and spoke less effeminately than I had pictured.... I agree with the tie tho. :smile:

12. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

Well, that idea was shorter lived than I thought it would be. I just got an e-mail from BlipTV saying I'd violated SOP and that said video would be removed. Maybe unrestrained narcissism is against their rules?

:)

Hopefully everyone who needed to see it did. The bottom line of the 13 minutes (which... I mean there were fewer words in the Gettysburg Address) is that I'm sorry if I've offended you, that was never my intent. Thanks for watching it while you had the chance and to everyone for the comments (both the snarky ones and the kinder ones.)

JSZ

PS- Horrible, nobody looks better with a half Windsor. Nobody.

13. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    four in hand perhaps?

I do think it was a good idea in theory, if not in practice.

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Now i know why tigers eat their young!

15. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

I thought the intent behind it was a good one. I didn't find you that narcissistic (well, the plug for your fiction, lol...that was a bit off topic)

I love Dragon. I appreciate an apology, no matter how awkward and fidgety. :tongue:

I found him more concise and less pompous in his vid! So he has a few nervous habits! So the fuck what! He put himself out there. That's commendable.

I didn't notice the nose touching. Didn't even register.

He looked and sounded how I thought he would (well I have seen his album, so I knew what he looked like) I usually get voices wrong, but the one I assigned him in my mind was spot on. Yay me!

I didn`t get a chance to forward it to Dragon. Again, this may be a good thing, as there is o telling how she would have taken it. Sincere apology or mea culpa? If you want me to PM me and we will work something out.

If he is petitioning the mods to undue the temp ban, then he is doing something that I can get behind. If they do not, then I think it may be safe to say that perhaps he wasn't the reason. Maybe the final straw, but...

Not defending. just not going to go into angry mode. Not yet.

Be a different story if I couldn't reach my Dragon or they perma-banned her, and he was the direct cause. Then, oh fuck! To quote Gaudium from the Lucifer series "So much shit is gonna hit, that it's gonna have to be continued on the next fan."

It would be waaaaayyyyy bad.

Giving everyone a heads up.

#15 B_Nicodemous, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  16. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

JSZ: i will say that you should have started with an "I'm sorry Dragon" BEFORE your (kind long) vid. The fact that it wasn't till the middle, probably wasn't the most convincing to people of your sincerity.

Also, though i don't mind rambling posts, threads, blogs, or vlogs, some people really hate it. And it does muddy the point a bit.

Just keep that in mind.

17. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
  18. poultrygeist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    :censored:

19. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I missed it? Damn!

20. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

would you like for me to recite it verbatim (you now I can, lol) during our Sat phone call?:tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted