To those of you who share my sentiments on today...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've finally given up on the V-Day thing. It isn't that big of a "celebration" in Argentina (although chocolatiers try to drum up business). The Squeeze has never paid attention to Feb 14th being any different than any other day. And after sending birthday/Valentine's gifts to the three people I know who were born on this day I've quite worrying about them. After all, in 38 years they've never sent me a B'day OR a Valentine gift. So, Feb 14th? Big deal.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On the brighter side, just think about VD's impact on our sluggish economy. Few guys have the balls not to spend a few bucks on their significant other--if they want to keep their balls intact!

Here are a few pics to celebrate the spirit of the day .....

Attachments

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Easy for you to say. :irked: You got a man and all them pretty childrens with the good hair. :tongue: :biggrin1:

Agreed. For someone like me, who has struggled in this area his entire life, Valentine's Day is little more than a societal mocking of lack of luck and confidence when it comes to the opposite sex.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck makes a wonderful present any day, not just this one. :tongue:
Yep, the one action/ object that can really screw up a holiday like.
Oral sex is always a great last minute gift.
Yiou're really saying a mouthful about that one.:rolleyes:

love is in the air
So is BULLSHIT.:irked:

You know...

It can be as drama filled or non consequential as you want it to be. It is one day in the year. Don't let it get to you.
Oh, really? Have the last two been actions of betrayal, non disclosure or plain sneaking around for you? 'Cause I'll tell you that's exactly what's happened with me.

Easy for you to say. :irked: You got a man and all them pretty childrens with the good hair. :tongue: :biggrin1:
Yeah, dig it- don't mouth off about how bad it is whilst YOU have someone else and we don't.

Agreed. For someone like me, who has struggled in this area his entire life, Valentine's Day is little more than a societal mocking of lack of luck and confidence when it comes to the opposite sex.
It's usually been somewhat of a pissbag holiday for me when I have no one apart from family to celebrate it. And it always stings when the one who I thought wanted to be with me turns out to be a nuh-uh.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not a Valentine's Day fan. All my life I have always been a Valentine gift giver and there have been maybe a couple of times in my 20 year marriage where my husband has given me a card, but that is it. Valentine's Day has just always made me feel unloved and makes me want to have a pity party every year.....because I have never ever gotten anything for Valentine's Day. My kids don't even give me or make me a card.

Valentine's Day is just more work for me.....All the Valentine's class parties etc...

Valentine's Day is an unneeded holiday as far as I am concerned.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Darling, you are 19. I know if feels as if it may never turn around but you cant take it so personally. It can be a vacuous holiday but then it can be an opportunity to make someone else feel better. I spent my Valentines day taking surprise boxes to some of the older ladies in my community and it was well worth it. I even gave away my own candy. It made me feel good and it made them feel good. What is not to like?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yep, the one action/ object that can really screw up a holiday like.
Yiou're really saying a mouthful about that one.:rolleyes:

So is BULLSHIT.:irked:

Oh, really? Have the last two been actions of betrayal, non disclosure or plain sneaking around for you? 'Cause I'll tell you that's exactly what's happened with me.

Yeah, dig it- don't mouth off about how bad it is whilst YOU have someone else and we don't.

It's usually been somewhat of a pissbag holiday for me when I have no one apart from family to celebrate it. And it always stings when the one who I thought wanted to be with me turns out to be a nuh-uh.

Alrighty now! CHuck I have had years when I didnt like nothin' and nobody either. But I have started to turn the holiday around and take control of it by giving to others and trying to make them feel good. It isnt a romantic thing for me but it makes them feel loved and appreciated. Im sorry you have had a hard time sweetie, I wish that you will find someone deserving of the love you have to give in the future.