To those of you who share my sentiments on today...

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alrighty now! CHuck I have had years when I didnt like nothin' and nobody either. But I have started to turn the holiday around and take control of it by giving to others and trying to make them feel good. It isnt a romantic thing for me but it makes them feel loved and appreciated. Im sorry you have had a hard time sweetie, I wish that you will find someone deserving of the love you have to give in the future.
PHOOEY!!!

If I wanna gripe about being screwed over the last coupla VD's(valentines day, li'l miss who needs her behind paddled if she thinks otherwise!:irked:), thendammit I'ma have my grump ass gripes.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darling, you are 19. I know if feels as if it may never turn around but you cant take it so personally.

I've had astoundingly terrible luck with the ladies by anyone's metric. Don't tell me that Valentine's Day isn't a good day be legitimately miserable.

It can be a vacuous holiday but then it can be an opportunity to make someone else feel better.

I'm about the nicest goddamn person anyone can meet. Don't preach to me about trying to make others feel better. It may not come across in these bitterness-induced mini-rants, but you can't find many people more supportive than me.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had astoundingly terrible luck with the ladies by anyone's metric. Don't tell me that Valentine's Day isn't a good day be legitimately miserable.

I'm about the nicest goddamn person anyone can meet. Don't preach to me about trying to make others feel better. It may not come across in these bitterness-induced mini-rants, but you can't find many people more supportive than me.

I am not preaching to you. YOu sound like you are feeling absolutely miserable. I only wish that one day your experience will change for the better. If you are as you say, good for you. I am speaking from my own experiences. PEACE!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PHOOEY!!!

If I wanna gripe about being screwed over the last coupla VD's(valentines day, li'l miss who needs her behind paddled if she thinks otherwise!:irked:), thendammit I'ma have my grump ass gripes.

FIne! If you want to be a grump ass be all that you can be...

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed. For someone like me, who has struggled in this area his entire life, Valentine's Day is little more than a societal mocking of lack of luck and confidence when it comes to the opposite sex.
My sentiments exactly (except for the opposite sex bit :biggrin1:).
Don't tell me that Valentine's Day isn't a good day be legitimately miserable.
It is if You're single because it puts Your solo status under a magnifying glass. It rubs Your nose in the fact that love and a sex life are priviliges that others are actually enjoying (and, in most cases, taking for granted) in life.
...Tho I suspect that when/if love comes a-knockin' we'll suddenly be able to understand and enjoy the celebration of the day.
:smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed. For someone like me, who has struggled in this area his entire life, Valentine's Day is little more than a societal mocking of lack of luck and confidence when it comes to the opposite sex.[/QUOTE
] Oh please! Your entire life isn't even two full decades. Get down off the cross we need the wood for something important. :crucified:
I am not a Valentine's Day fan. All my life I have always been a Valentine gift giver and there have been maybe a couple of times in my 20 year marriage where my husband has given me a card, but that is it. Valentine's Day has just always made me feel unloved and makes me want to have a pity party every year.....because I have never ever gotten anything for Valentine's Day. My kids don't even give me or make me a card.
Valentine's Day is just more work for me.....All the Valentine's class parties etc...

Valentine's Day is an unneeded holiday as far as I am concerned.
HHG, I like you; but your lack of love for Valentine's Day is your fault. You taught your husband and childen how to treat you. Some might say that the fact he has had your back for 20 years should be enough proof of his love for you. :irked: :crucified:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh please! Your entire life isn't even two full decades. Get down off the cross we need the wood for something important. :crucified:

I acknowledge that. That's still about the last six years in which I have been trying to get a girlfriend or some sort of relationship with absolutely zero luck of any sort. I'm not claiming it to be the worst dry spell ever, but it is a nasty streak, and it's the only thing that can consistently make me insecure and/or depressed. The emphasis around Valentine's Day on relationships and whatnot hardly does wonders for my self-esteem, and I've been in a mildly depressed slump the last few days.

Let me bitch and moan occasionally, ok? The internet is the only place I do that, and even then it's a fairly rare occurrence.