To those who play electric guitar.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

I own a Fender 60's Strat, however it's fucking up on me. When I plug it into the amp it now sounds all static like. It's not the wire or the amp because I've plugged my keyboard and my other guitars and it's cool. When I attempt to adjust the volume on my guitar I can hear static and I have to keep it a certain way so it sounds clear AND I can't touch the volume knob while playing or it will fade out and come back in. What the fuck is going on? I'm guessing I need to clean the fucker or something.. I don't know.

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    check the plug and socket on the guitar end of the lead, sounds like you may have some crud in there or the connection is loose.

3. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Great, so I don't have to take off the strings. The guitar also crackles and fades in and out when I jiggle the connection from the plug to the amp. I'll try my damnedest to clean it and report back with the results.

4. curiouscat9

curiouscat9 New Member

I checked with that musician husband of mine and he says it sounds like the wiring is going. His direct quote, "Unless you know what you are doing, get it to a guitar tech." Sorry, I can't help you with any reputable ones in your area. But if you're ever in the Denver area... We have a friend who collects vintage Charvel's and he has a great tech guy.

Best of luck getting your ax back up and humming.

Draft saved Draft deleted