To use the fly, or not to use the fly . . .

Iceman: After reading the "Long flaccid advantage" thread, I was curious as to what you prefer when you urinate: to use the fly in your underwear (if you wear underwear) or, to drop down the waist band and go that way.

I fluctuate between the two.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm a freeballer. If I have a fly inside my pants it's gonna tickle like hell until I (very carefully) swat it.

Pecker

rivertowncowboy: I prefer to just unbuckle, unzip and pull the whole thing (boys and all) out for some breathing room.

tsctsc: THis should be in a poll format, right?
anyway..if I'm wearing them I drop the waistband.
Who can bother with the fly?

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I rarely wear undies, and when I do, they are generally a style without a fly. So I haul cock and balls over the top, and let the weight of them hold the waistband down.

When I'm freeballing in many shorts, and there's no one around to see, I often don't bother to unzip. It's faster and easier to just pull the left leg up a bit.

throb919: Iceman, maybe this is just one of those questions guys never ask each other, but I'd never considered that anybody did use the fly. I've assumed they were "just for looks"--more of a design consideration than a practical one.

One of those things I've never really thought much about. Good question.

(I've always been a haul-everything-over-the-waistband kind-of guy. Of the expediency and let-'em-breathe schools. Wonder if that dates back to how I was "taught" to pee-pee in my little-boy tighty-whities...? Okay, preferably not pee in them...)

Dag: [quote author=Iceman link=board=clothing;num=1057692516;start=0#0 date=07/08/03 at 12:19:36]After reading the "Long flaccid advantage" thread,[/quote]

Where would I find the 'Long flaccid advantage' thread?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Dag link=board=clothing;num=1057692516;start=0#6 date=07/08/03 at 17:08:07]

Where would I find the 'Long flaccid advantage' thread?
[/quote]

It's in this category. It's entitled Long flaccid advantage - what's yours.

biggbenn8: Really depends on what I am wearing AND where I am...

if wearing chefpants AND am alone- just pull it ALL down...if there are others around (esp students) then pulldown and fly...or if in shorts and REALLY gotta pee- just pull it 'out from under'...

any other uncut men ever have to piss REALLY bad and not 'pull back' in time and get the dreaded "sprinkler" effect??

Iceman: Thanks for the responses, guys. Sorry the question wasn't in common poll format.

Throb919, I'm with you in that I mostly use the "over the waistband" method. There are some instances (like when I wear boxers and the fly is mostly open anyway) that it's just easier to flop out of the fly and let it rip.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Seems as if I'm in a minority here ... I use the fly.

If you wear a jockstrap under boxers like me, it tends to be a slightly more complicated operation, involving fishing him out of the side of the jock pouch, then getting him through the boxer fly and then
the trouser fly. It sounds complicated, but I've had plenty of practice and can do it in a few seconds flat! Stuffing things back in afterwards and repositioning is another matter.

I can use the pull everything down and over the top method too, but only in private, as because of the size of the jockstrap it is a major operation and requires pulling trousers and boxers right down.

throb919: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=clothing;num=1057692516;start=0#9 date=07/08/03 at 17:54:38]No underwear = no underwear fly = no problem. [/quote]
Like that better than "No shoes, no shirt, no service."

H8Monga: Fly if public (or if pants has one) at home I wear sweat shorts a lot or just my underwear, it's habit from my days wearing briefs I pull the band down...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
In public, fly (if possible).
In private, or if I have no fly, pull 'em down.
In shorts, if I don't have time, I'll pull up the leg, grab my penis from underneath, and pull it that way.

rainfletcher: I free ball most of the time. (In fact, I just noticed that I'm down to my last pair of boxers!) In any event, I usually go through the fly, even with boxers. It gets complicated with boxers, but I hate having to refasten everything after I'm done. I'd much rather just get all my stuff put away and zip it and be done.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
A good half of the boxers I own are open-fly so, sometimes, I find myself snaking my dick through there and pissing. I enjoy the "hands-free" sensation better if nobody's in the restroom or if I'm in a stall. Otherwise, I simply pull out the dick and let it spray.

Funny thing, though, I rarely haul out my nuts. They're fine hanging around on the inside.

ItalianStallion: I pull the whole thing down, it's just too much work using the fly and all.

Donk: I'm a fly guy. I wear boxers. Unzip, whip, and let 'er rip has always just been the easiest and quickest thing for me. (The only exception is when I'm at the gym, which is the only time I wear shorts with no fly and non-boxer underwear. Then I just pull down and let it flop over. Some of my workout briefs have flies and I have experimented with pulling it through the fly, but it is hell threading it through there and then it fits like a cock ring.)

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i always take it all the way out...i wear underwear,
so...i cant just unzip and go

but....i was in a weird situation recently at a
urinal...
i was wearing some Old Navy cargo shorts
that have a built in belt, and it is a hassle
to undo it...
so i just unzipped my fly, and reached
in to free my cock from my underwear......and realized
my underwear didnt have a fly and my
cock was trapped there...
and time was of the essence.
So, there i was at the urinal...struggling
with the damned belt on the shorts...
and i mustve looked really odd.
:)
(i finally got my pants off in time, btw..haaa)