Today I Learned...

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
That....

Could depression be linked to our cells' metabolism?

[ Chronic stress can be a major cause of depression. The exact mechanism of how that works isn’t clear, but the missing link could be found in the metabolic processes of brain cells. Recent studies have shown that stress depletes the brain’s energy reserves – paving the way for depression to take hold. That implies the disorder could be treated by reversing the process and stimulating the brain’s metabolism. Neurobiologists at EPFL tested this theory on lab mice, and found that giving stressed mice a supplement containing acetyl-L-carnitine – a compound known to stimulate cellular metabolism – reduces the symptoms of depression. The scientists’ findings have just been published in in eLife. ]

Didn't seem exactly like good news. So i figured creating a thread on new things learned might be a better idea.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
But... But.... Maybe this thread could be for Brand New facts?!

My "did you know" thread has facts that aren't necessarily "new" or fresh.. if I see something recent that I didn't know before, I shall utilize this thread! :bomb:

Nah. Your thread was much better plus it came first. Also, you aren't public enemy number one. lol

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yeah..i got both sides'd by the owner of the site. lol And i have a gaggle of racists up my ass on this site constantly. So i might not be your enemy but i am a whole hell of lot of people's enemy. :p

Meh, I've pissed off our @Mr. LPSG before, owned up to my shit, he's owned up to his, and it's all good now.

Fuck the racists.

I've been hated by SO MANY MEMBERS here, for years. They aren't gonna have any say in how much fun I have romping around this silly penis place.

I just try to make things easier on the mods because I know they have a lot to do and volunteer their time. If it weren't for their consideration I'd drop :bomb: CONSTANTLY

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Meh, I've pissed off our @Mr. LPSG before, owned up to my shit, he's owned up to his, and it's all good now.

Fuck the racists.

I've been hated by SO MANY MEMBERS here, for years. They aren't gonna have any say in how much fun I have romping around this silly penis place.

I just try to make things easier on the mods because I know they have a lot to do and volunteer their time. If it weren't for their consideration I'd drop :bomb: CONSTANTLY

Well i just see things a little differently. And had much different experiences when it comes to certain things. It's no big deal. :)

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah..i got both sides'd by the owner of the site. lol And i have a gaggle of racists up my ass on this site constantly. So i might not be your enemy but i am a whole hell of lot of people's enemy. :p

The reason I called it out yesterday is that I have a good sense of how a conversation online will flow. I knew the second you made your posts it was going to derail the thread entirely. I know it may not have been your intention but I knew when I saw your post that thread was doomed. The nature of the web. Open the door for something and that something will flood in. A great example is if someone posts a picture if the first comment is positive and the second comment positive then the following comments will most likely be positive. If the first comment is FAKE then that opens the door for more negativity. I've tried this at a large scale and it's been proven true over and over. So when you posted yesterday bringing in your beef to a conversation that didn't need that it opened the door for the arguing to start.

I don't know you. I haven't read many of your posts. What usually happens in a situation like this is I usually am first exposed to the worst version of a member. It's a shame but it's the reality. You were on my radar because of your battle with Bill. In one month you had a dozen+ reports against you and you reported others a dozen+ times. Most of the reports were rejected but none of them were really necessary. They were situations that could have been avoided and to me, that is a pain in the ass.

It was pretty clear in the thread yesterday you enjoy the act of arguing. That's frustrating and not enjoyable to be around. I get that may be why you come to LPSG. It's still frustrating to me. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I'd be really happy :)

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
The reason I called it out yesterday is that I have a good sense of how a conversation online will flow. I knew the second you made your posts it was going to derail the thread entirely. I know it may not have been your intention but I knew when I saw your post that thread was doomed. The nature of the web. Open the door for something and that something will flood in. A great example is if someone posts a picture if the first comment is positive and the second comment positive then the following comments will most likely be positive. If the first comment is FAKE then that opens the door for more negativity. I've tried this at a large scale and it's been proven true over and over. So when you posted yesterday bringing in your beef to a conversation that didn't need that it opened the door for the arguing to start.

I don't know you. I haven't read many of your posts. What usually happens in a situation like this is I usually am first exposed to the worst version of a member. It's a shame but it's the reality. You were on my radar because of your battle with Bill. In one month you had a dozen+ reports against you and you reported others a dozen+ times. Most of the reports were rejected but none of them were really necessary. They were situations that could have been avoided and to me, that is a pain in the ass.

It was pretty clear in the thread yesterday you enjoy the act of arguing. That's frustrating and not enjoyable to be around. I get that may be why you come to LPSG. It's still frustrating to me. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I'd be really happy :)

(and you reported others a dozen+ times.)

Whoa there. That's a lie. I reported him like three times. That's it.

Look. We all know you made your mind up about me before you even commented. Why do this? I've met people like you before. Just do what we all know you're going to do and leave it that. No theatrics needed.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Look. We all know you made your mind up about me before you even commented. Why do this? I've met people like you before. Just do what we all know you're going to do and leave it that. No theatrics needed.
My mistake. It was 5. Every report in our backend creates an additional 2 reports that are tracked so it looked like 15. Sorry.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I had no issue with you prior to that. I msged you last week about the other situation and you were quick and polite. I appreciated that.

Then you came in the thread I started with a post that felt like you were trying to start a fight in there. That bothered me and the way you responded to me showed me why you get into big fights in politics. You seem to like to argue.

I'm really sorry you feel I've made some conclusions about you. I don't view things that way. I'm trying to keep the peace and make this place fun. Anyone who disrupts that I have to deal with and work to resolve.

Reactions: MisterB and lms28