today i refrained from getting in the pool

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by thelastoneever2000, May 25, 2003.

1. thelastoneever2000

thelastoneever2000 New Member

i am normally kind of ambarrased to get in a pool and then come out of it because the bathing suit sticks to my skin and so everyone can basically see all i have to show (like 7 inches soft). normally i dont mind that much but it was at a party with a bunch of people ive been goign to school with for 4 years. and i am always afraid i will pop a boner because i really cant hide it. anyone else have these problems?

2. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I don't know what kind of trunks you use, but try to find black ones. That might be able to help.

3. txquis

Gold Member

good advice...black does hide it.

I understand your worry.
    I always tried to cover myself up bigtime
    at pool gatherings.
    I have asked myself again and again
    why, unlike lots of guys here,
    i never seemed to want to show it off.
    (i'm still trying to figure that out).

I always wear board shorts.
    they dont cling as much

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Black or navy board shorts, roomy and long.

Just remember, though, if you relax pool-side, that board shorts will show everything 'up the shoot' if you don't sit discreetly.

Pecker

5. kurios

kurios Member

Pls dont waste time and concern about showing what you have. Erections are natural and will pass and the worst will be a little teasing which everyone gets at some point in their teen years. No dont flog it just accept it.
    Does the guy with the awesome biceps wear long sleeves? Does the guy with a new porche take a bus to the party? You dont have to park on the front lawn but you shouldnt de-value an asset. So you pull a boner you'll not be the only one and your male and young. Place it as best you can wrap a towel around yourself and go on about your business.

6. jay_too

jay_too New Member

well said, kurios,

being hung is just another physical, mental, and emotional factor that defines YOU. chicks with big boobs are noticed and catalogued, but they are also identified with a smile, a walk, a laugh...whatever.

about the unruly boners....well, you are gonna have to deal with them for at least 20 more years..hell, my old man is sometimes the last one off the plane while he waits for mr. johnson to calm down.

jay

7. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I hang 7" soft and unless my purpose IS to show it off I like to be a little modest. At a nude beach or a gym it's me and everyone else showing it. But in more 'typical' situations where showing it off isn't the purpose or appropriate there are definately times where i am reluctant to get in (or out) of a pool. Cargo pants are great for these situaitons.

:)

8. Imported

Gold Member

biggbenn8: I have gone so far as to wear boxers briefs under the shorts (back in the days when there really wasn't 'board shorts' ) a great 'invention' I think!

also- dark patterns can help 'hide' as well..

as to the 'if you got it, show it' comment- well there are times (esp when married) that 'showing' just wansn't 'apropriate'...

but having a small pool it is clothing NOT alowed :)

9. Imported

Gold Member

bigtoo: i am always very embarrassed as well and try to avoid to go to a public pool unless i am with few other people who know me. if i have to go, then i wear a tight brief underneath and a dark large boxershort above.
    regards,
    bigtoo

10. Imported

Gold Member

thingsteal: I hear ya, dude. I'm just under 7" soft.

I posted over in Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues about my new swimsuit experience the other day. The thread is called SWIMSUIT.

What was I thinking by wearing a liner-less pair of trunks to the pool? And with my wife in tow... I'd never had a liner-less pair before. I figure they'd be OK. NOT!!!!! Scared my wife, probably some small children and old fat ladies. Luckily I had my old, larger-sized trunks in the bag..... just in case things didn't work out.

My wife is still talking about it today, paraphrasing the movie Spinal Tap and saying (in a British accent): "You had ARMADILLOS in your swimming trunks!"

I also got some smaller (medium) sized boxer shorts for sleeping. They're comfortable but WOW do they show the outline of my cock and balls. Kind of fun for the Mrs, but at least I'm not walking around in those wet...

11. Imported

Gold Member

micro: I grew up feeling a lot of negative things towards sexuality in general. I really got uncomfortable when I first started having erections, especially when you are young they are especially hard and don't go down easily. I was always self conscious, and it always showed, even though I am not hung.

Now days I am not very concerned about trying to hide anything. I decided its a body function like yawning, breathing, eating, crapping, burping, farting etc...It also doesn't necessarily indicate sexual interest in anything at any given time.

12. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Wear bike shorts under your swimming trunks and you should be fine...

13. Imported

Gold Member

dable_wi: I used to wear boxers under shorts for everyday stuff as well as swimming until one event made me go to jocks. I was golfing in a tournament and my golf partner left his lob wedge on the previous green. we got in the cart and went to get it. The previous party had picked up the wedge and we were thanking them and chatting before returning to our party. I noticed that the men and women were noticing my crotch (I was in the cart driver's seat with my legs open). My golf partner turned to get in the cart and looked down there, too. Both the shorts and the boxers had been pushed to the side and my balls (which are very large) and my dick were visible beside my leg. I was really nervous about seeing the party behind us at the dinner later that night. I have gotten used to wearing either athletic shorts (the long kind) or jocks.

14. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: [quote author=micro link=board=relationships;num=1053917955;start=0#10 date=09/16/03 at 11:27:01]Now days I am not very concerned about trying to hide anything. I decided its a body function like yawning, breathing, eating, crapping, burping, farting etc...It also doesn't necessarily indicate sexual interest in anything at any given time.[/quote]
    Just because something's a "body function" doesn't mean members of the general public should be expected to share it with you. I don't put breathing and crapping in the same category in that regard. :D

I think showing off is fine, in the right situation. However, unless you have a fetish for being noticed because of your penis in as many situations as possible, it's understandable that lastoneever may not want people pointing and laughing at him at a public pool.

15. Imported

Gold Member

malito: Showing in swim trunks is normal. And you should not be afraid of that.
    Laughing is mostly a defence mechanism that we have when we see something that we might be afraid of. Most men would give anything to have the "problem" you have. Getting a hard on in public is embarassing enough. It tends to indicate that you are not in control. At the same time it means that something has sparked you interest. Might be a good time to give a compliment to the one that attracted that response. My suggestion when hard is to stay in the water for a while. Sometimes the water has a negative affect on the blood flow to that area.
    When growning up I was laughed at nearly all the time, but for the opposite reason. I showed nothing. Now that was embarassing. I was a little slow on the up take but it seems that the snickering and giggling was because there was nothing showing in my speedos. I was a senior in high school then and so that is the main reason i quit the swim team. I do not think that you should ever feel ashamed of what God has given you. It is a blessing that many men would love to have.

16. kurios

kurios Member

"Getting a hard on tends to indicate you are not in control
    and that something has sparked your interest"  well maybe so ......but as I see it there is no tends to indicate...we arent in control and there are times that nothing has to spark our interest cause we can spring a boner looking at the car ahead of us in traffic.
    This is why I dont understand all the guys who are so concerned about an erection showing.  It has does and will happen to all guys.  So what!
    Apparently some day we wont be able to pop one so enjoy while you can.

17. Imported

Gold Member

huge_cock_have_pic: Usually I wear spandex and tuck. The question I have is what are women's reactions to guys who show through their swimshorts or what experiences they've had with these arkward situations?

18. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: [quote author=malito link=board=relationships;num=1053917955;start=0#14 date=09/21/03 at 07:53:28]Getting a hard on in public is embarassing enough. It tends to indicate that you are not in control. At the same time it means that something has sparked you interest. Might be a good time to give a compliment to the one that attracted that response.[/quote]
    "Excuse me, ma'am, I'm sure you couldn't help but notice I have a huge boner in my trunks here and guess what? That's because of you! Oh, your kids are real cute, btw, and, if that's your husband in Lane 3, tell him I think he should work on his turns a little. Bye now."

Yes, I'm sure that would make her day.

[quote author=malito link=board=relationships;num=1053917955;start=0#14 date=09/21/03 at 07:53:28]When growning up I was laughed at nearly all the time, but for the opposite reason. I showed nothing. Now that was embarassing.[/quote]
    [quote author=malito link=board=relationships;num=1053917955;start=0#14 date=09/21/03 at 07:53:28]I do not think that you should ever feel ashamed of what God has given you.[/quote]
    These 2 statements are contradictory. It's ok for the hung guy to show off what he's got, but if you're not hung you should be embarassed about it?

19. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: [quote author=kurios link=board=relationships;num=1053917955;start=0#15 date=09/21/03 at 13:28:30]This is why I dont understand all the guys who are so concerned about an erection showing.  It has does and will happen to all guys.  So what![/quote]
    Do you also fart in elevators and belch loudly in restaurants?

It's not about being ashamed, it's about respecting the fact that you're sharing a public space with others. What someone does in their own home or yard, or in settings where all involved are not going to be suprised at seeing your goods (nude beach, locker room, etc.), is one thing, but this attitude of "hey I'm hung and I get hardons and that's natural so I don't care what I wear or who is around when it happens" strikes me as a bit self-absorbed, to say the least.

20. Bigdoggie

Bigdoggie New Member

Albums:
    i show alot i trunks too, u can see almost everything, my cock, my bubble butt,lol,. whats even worse is that my cock is either really hard in the pool or it shrivles up. when it shrivels i dont show, but if there are hot guys and girls aruond who iam attracted to, i get hard. im use to it now, all guys have cocks so whats the big deal?lol thats how i see it now.

Draft saved Draft deleted