Today I went to the funeral

NelsonMuntz84: (Sorry this may belong in blog, but since I haven't opened or started one, I thought I'd put it here, I hope it doesn't offend or bother anyone)

For those not aware, hand guns are banned in Britain/Scotland, but not far from where I stay a little boy, 2 y/o was killed when some idiot started shooting his air-rifle at firemen putting out a fire, they missed and hit this poor wee boy, Andrew.

The way the family have behaved through their tragic lose has been amazing, they come from what some would term a 'rough' area and have made it clear they dont want anything to happen to the family of the 26 y/o arsehole who killed their little boy, and have shown everyone what good people they are.

I watched today as a piper followed the wee white coffin with hundreds of people walking from the church to his final resting place, people of all ages in tears looking at his big brother, 2 big sisters and his little baby brother following behind. It was so tragic to see such nice decent people having to endure such pain and for all we want material goods, Jesus, if I could have sold my soul to give them Andrew back I would have.

He was buried in a Celtic top, the one he wore when playing his garden thinking of playing infront of 60,000 at Celtic park when he was older, something I had dreamed about at his age and well into my teens.

God bless you Andrew, and God bless your family who did you proud today and over the last couple of weeks, YNWA.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Thanks for sharing. And yes, this belonged right where you put it. Not in a blog. We all want to support you in your loss.

You are a fine man. I believe you when you said you would have sold your soul to bring Andrew back. What a man of character.

God bless you. You sound like a man of incredible faith in God. I believe that God himself has Andrew in his arms. Andrew is being taken care of. I know that some here don't believe in God. It is times like this when I am glad I do. I know that God evens the score by taking his precious children in his arms when tragedy hits.

Your mission is to help the family as much as you can. They are incredible; holding no hatred toward the family of the guy who killed their son. They have set an example for all of us to follow.

I am so glad you shared. I will keep you in my prayers as well as both families. There is plenty of grief there for seveal lifetimes.

God bless.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by NelsonMuntz84@Mar 17 2005, 03:35 AM
(Sorry this may belong in blog, but since I haven't opened or started one, I thought I'd put it here, I hope it doesn't offend or bother anyone)

For those not aware, hand guns are banned in Britain/Scotland, but not far from where I stay a little boy, 2 y/o was killed when some idiot started shooting his air-rifle at firemen putting out a fire, they missed and hit this poor wee boy, Andrew.

The way the family have behaved through their tragic lose has been amazing, they come from what some would term a 'rough' area and have made it clear they dont want anything to happen to the family of the 26 y/o arsehole who killed their little boy, and have shown everyone what good people they are.

I watched today as a piper followed the wee white coffin with hundreds of people walking from the church to his final resting place, people of all ages in tears looking at his big brother, 2 big sisters and his little baby brother following behind. It was so tragic to see such nice decent people having to endure such pain and for all we want material goods, Jesus, if I could have sold my soul to give them Andrew back I would have.

He was buried in a Celtic top, the one he wore when playing his garden thinking of playing infront of 60,000 at Celtic park when he was older, something I had dreamed about at his age and well into my teens.

God bless you Andrew, and God bless your family who did you proud today and over the last couple of weeks, YNWA.
[post=291558]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for sharing the tragic news regarding Andrew.
The fact that you brought this subject up here confirms what a nice and warm human being you are, something I already knew from our past chats.
I feel and share your hurt.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I saw that in the paper the other week. That really is needless and very tragic. Some people are idiots. Why not just stop producing weapons or at least stop selling them to the public. Off the top of my head and probably ridiculous but something needs to be done.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Knight@Mar 17 2005, 08:35 PM
[post=291795]Quoted post[/post]​
Knight, I saw your photos in your gallery last night. You look awesome. Just wanted to tell you that. You are unbelievable, beautiful tool and a handsome face to go with it. I bet the rest of you is just as handsome.

You have a lot of courage putting your pics out there with your avatar showing your face. You are a neat guy. I enjoy reading your posts.

Freddie

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of the myriad of mysteries concerning life and death,
I think that the death of a young person hits many people the hardest.
It does me.
:(

hung_big: That is really sad what happens. My thoughts and prayers are with Andrew's family. They say the good ones go first...guess I'll be living until I'm 100..hah.

Bless his soul, and thank-you for sharing this news nelson, however sad and repulsive it may be. A tragity, really.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Knight@Mar 18 2005, 01:35 AM
Why not just stop producing weapons or at least stop selling them to the public.
[post=291795]Quoted post[/post]​
an air rifle is not a weapon, it's an item of sports equipment. you've gotta be either an accomplished assassin or ridiculously lucky (or unlucky, depending on your perspective) to kill someone with one.

I could go on at length about the neurotic terror of anything potentially more dangerous than a damp teabag which the british government fosters continuing to provide the perfect social atmosphere for incidents like this to happen, but this ain't the place for that discussion.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by txquis@Mar 18 2005, 10:30 AM
Of the myriad of mysteries concerning life and death,
I think that the death of a young person hits many people the hardest.
It does me.
:(
[post=291890]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, Jeff, this is a tragic and horrible story.

Scripture only records a few instances where Jesus wept and one of those was at the death of Lazarus. Certainly Jesus must have wept as he watched the funeral procession of that wee young boy, Andrew winding its way towards the cemetery where Andrew was laid to rest. May Jesus now be a source of consolation and comfort to Andrew's family and all those who loved him.

RICKY_27

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I hate it when small children die. They're so young and innocent, and deserved a chance to be happy, and to have a memory they will actually remember in the future and be like "those were such happy days" There was a tragedy in my town some years back when a 7 year old girl was killed by a big Van. The idiot driver was on his cellphone(I hate when people drive talking on cellphones!), smoking, and drinking coffee. He jumped the curve and sideswiped the girl. She died during the airlift to the hospitol. It was really sad, and it takes a lot to get my mood down for a long period of time, but that was when I started to hate lousy drivers. Unnecessary deaths can, and should, be avoided. It's just not fair to the victim, or his/her loved ones. If people could take 10 seconds to be more curtious or wait until they get to work to have their precious coffee, the world would be a much better and much safer place.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 18 2005, 01:41 PM
As the caveman said:

If they outlaw clubs, only outlaws will have clubs.
[post=292034]Quoted post[/post]​
You do realize an Al Qaida manual said the U.S. is the best place to get weapons.

Of course, an air rifle isn't a weapon.

big_peter

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Mar 19 2005, 07:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Mar 19 2005, 07:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Mar 19 2005, 08:41 PM
You do realize an Al Qaida manual said the U.S. is the best place to get weapons.
[post=292245]Quoted post[/post]​
true. just try getting them OUT though :(
[post=292281]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

True... but their enemy (us) isn&#39;t OUT.
Once gotten by them, we&#39;re already IN the crosshairs&#33;

... but &#39;nuff of that... the thread is about the needless death of an infant/toddler...

Once you have children in the family, all perspective (from those &#39;indestructable&#39; teenage years) about the value of life changes - and they (children) become the focus of our energies.

I can&#39;t imagine the grief the family feels.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 18 2005, 09:41 PM
As the caveman said:

If they outlaw clubs, only outlaws will have clubs.
[post=292034]Quoted post[/post]​

Pecker

There&#39;s been a discussion on this before — which I risked entering, and thereby I raised a lot of hackles. But at the risk of having my fingers burnt again, the logic of your post needs challenging :

This logic might well be how those who support the US gun laws might argue. But anyone who seriously contended on a comparison between the US and the UK (or most other West European nations for that matter) on &#39;drive by&#39; shootings, school-room shootings, courtroom shootings (eg Georgia last week), any other sort of shootings, or simply homicide rates in general — that the logic makes the US a safer place, would be open to severe question. To say the very least.

That said, Andrew&#39;s death was appalling. And the UK is overall a lot less safe than it once was .. but I don&#39;t think you will find many people here arguing that this is because of our tight weapons control.