Today in Wingnuttery III - Utah

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Apr 22, 2010.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

Actually, this news item occurred back around March 8, 2009. But Ewetaw is weird enough that there will be more fringe (and bric brack frills) to post.

The subject: Utah's Final Solution: Patriot Group Announces Bill To Force All Homosexuals Out Of The State, Arrest Fugitives

Calling it "Utah's Fair Solution", a group called Patriots For A Moral Utah is holding a press conference today to announce legislation that would force all homosexuals to leave the state. The bill would create a transportation system for shipping all gays out of the state and would criminalize any Utah citizen who "harbors a remaining homosexual." Here's the press release they sent out yesterday:

Patriots For A Moral Utah are pleased to announce a press conference tomorrow, at which time we will announce a new bill which outlining a solution to the problem of homosexuality in Utah. In the past 5 years it has become increasingly difficult and troublesome for the stead-fast and moral citizens of Utah to live their lives and their faith in peace, while the homosexuals continually force their choices and behaviors on us. This new legislation, titled the "Utah Fair Solution," will offer a peaceful but effective end to the tribulation in our blessed state. Despite promises from the homosexual activists to be out in force at the press conference, our President Nora Young has scheduled the announcement for 1pm in the Capitol Rotunda (March 8th). Please Join us.

Sincerely;
    Paul Jackson
    Public Relations
    Patriots For A Moral Utah
    pauljackson2000@gmail.com

Forced relocation. Transport system. Penalties for harboring. Yup. Sounds like an authentic Final Solution to me. Also sounds like hoax, but you never know. You may laugh at these idiots, but this yet another example of the recent avalanche of Christianist calls to criminalize, imprison, and exterminate homosexuals in the United States. These demands are now made openly, boldly, without shame. And they are often coming from the top rungs of the most powerful and well-known Christian organizations in the nation.

The press conference actually took place and The Beehive State buzzed with interest for four or five days, until . . .

Now for the good news!

It was a hoax put on by commie pinko liberals who wanted to prove how homophobic and gullible Ewetaw's citizenry happens to be. It worked. After Paul Jackson announced that it was a hoax several days later the local news outlets had already rallied the masses at a Tea Bagger demonstration in SLC that the "Homosexual Agenda" was another thing they mutually agreed needed to be whined about. Again, fortunately it was a hoax. Unfortunately, something like 68% of those polled thought it was a good idea.

NOTICE: You can actually reach Paul Jackson at his gmail address that is real and works.

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Two-thirds of people polled thought it was a good idea to kick out the gay people from their state and were willing to vote for it even though it was phony legislation. Wow. It's amazing how the longer we have a black president, the more these "real Americans" come crawling out like cockroaches.

3. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Jesus...that is creepy.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Correction: I started this thread before I had consumed any coffee. Of course, this hub bub happened on March 8, 2010 (not 2009, as I foolishly posted). Forgive me. As anyone in my particular "where am I?" situation when I wake up most mornings, it takes a while to remember how to think, write, and especially speak English when you don't do it every day.

But, yeah. The KSL Poll (KSL being the mormon-owned NBC affiliate in Salt Lick City) pulled the 68% in favor number out of its collective ass before it was revealed the whole thing was a hoax.

Draft saved Draft deleted