Today In Wingnuttery V - The Washington Examiner

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

File this one under racial paranoidal BS...
    After Obama made a comment asking for people who supported him in 2008 to show their support again in 2010, The Washington Examiner posts a headline saying that he disses white people and wingnuts claim that he's playing the "race card". Washington Examiner: 'Obama Disses White Guys'

So, whom did Obama actually ask for his support: Young people, African Americans, Latinos and Women.

Well, last time we checked... Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Obama won the majority of voters by age group -
    18 to 29 - 66% (McCain - 32% / Other 2%)
    30 to 44 - 52% (McCain - 46% / Other 2%)
    45 to 64 - 50% (McCain - 49% / Other 1%)

Obama also won by sex, 49-48% for men, 56-43% for women.
    He also won by age AND race with young white voters 54 to 44%. Plus, 74% of the voting population in 2008 were white and he won 43% of it. With more than 125 Million people voting in 2008, that would mean roughly 28 MILLION of the 66+ MILLION votes he received were from Caucasians. And correct me if I'm wrong, I would tend to think that acknowledging young voters and women voters would actually include Caucasians. That is, unless someone wants to think that only minority women and young voters supported him which is absolutely false.

So really... where is he "dissing" white people? Or do we just have a bunch of paranoid, middle aging shrills who felt left out because he didn't say the "W" word? The math speaks for itself, and a LOT louder than a stupid headline that further drives another rhetorical nail in the coffin of the opposition.

#1 B_VinylBoy, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  2. houtx48

Gold Member

What do you expect the Washington Examiner is a free throw away newspaper that caters to the right wing. They may use the opinion is the same as fact approch to journalism.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

True that, but I must admit that this is probably one of the more blatant headlines I have seen from a newspaper in a while.

Kinda ironic they decided to use the slang word "dissed" to describe their disdain as well.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A small correction on my OP. :redface:

Roughly 125 Million voters in the 2008 Election.
    74% of them were Caucasian, or 92.5 Million.
    43% of them voted for Obama, or roughly 39.7 Million.
    Caucasians made up close to 60% of Obama's complete voter tally.

Math at 2:30 in the morning... I'd rather be playing my Nintendo Wii. :biggrin:

5. houtx48

Gold Member

You should be playing with something else at 2:30 in the morning and it's ain't wii.

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Would be a shock to me that he dissed me.
    PS, I think I will actually vote a DEM ticket, as the Democrats are finally showing signs of having grown balls.

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

Me too some wow. (not a Cantonese dish) I'm definitely voting straight ticket for the Dems. Finally came up with a good bumper sticker for Reid, who may just rewin his seat in the Senate. And the bumper sticker isn't in English.

8. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I just have one question for the seething racist bigots among us... If you guys couldn't win in 2008, when the Republicans propped up the best white guy they had since 1980, the Dems were counting on America becoming the first nation in the developed world to elect a black guy, and white voters were still a statistical majority... Then HOW IN THE HELL do you fucking clueless racist pussies think you're ever going to win a national election ever again?

Answer; YOU WON'T! lololololololol

Draft saved Draft deleted