today kinda sucked

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
first, my computer concepts final. first of all, the test was fucked up. it was done on this site called myitlab.com. well, if you clicked anywhere on the screen you weren't meant to, it marked it as an incorrect answer. now, i understand if i had actually changed something around, fine. but for say i'm wrong for clicking a spot on the screen that didn't affect anything was fucked!

then, as if that wasn't bad enough, the instruction was "highlight the first sentence of the third paragraph." so, i highlighted it, and i hit ctrl+c. apparently, that was incorrect. nowhere in the instruction did it say for use the edit menu. it just said for copy it. that's fucked up, i'm sorry. i told the professor, and she was all "too bad."

then, we had for do the excel section. one instruction was for change the size of a row to a certain measurement. so, i highlighted row 3, like i was asked. i clicked the line that adjusts the row height, but, apparently, it wasn't for row 3. instantly marked wrong. it's bullshit. about 80% of the class got a D on their final, myself included.

after the test, she handed back all of our word and excel projects, yah? well, it turns out that i had done assignment 9c instead of 9d. this was a month ago - i remember this assignment because i had done it when my mom was in the hospital with her heart attack, before she got infected with pneumonia and colitis. anyway, i asked her if she could count it as the assignment i was supposed for do due to the circumstances. she said "no, this is college" and that's it. now, i do fully admit that it was my bad for not doing the correct assignment, yah? however, she's had this paper with her for 3 weeks. there's no reason why she didn't email me all "hey, did you know you handed in the wrong assignment?" and my friend lizzie ended up getting a 0 on an assignment that wasn't on the syllabus; our professor had assigned it in class, but she said it wouldn't be for a grade - it was just extra practice.

all throughout the semester she said she was gonna keep the class easy because she was working on her ph.d. i understand that's important and all, but i believe that the 40 minutes that she was supposed for teach a class, she should have been doing that - teaching a class. instead, we'd meet, she's say "do the assignment on the syllabus" and say "that's all. you can go home, or you can hang out here until my next class gets here." so, i paid for 40 minutes, once a week, but ended up getting 5 minutes once a week. except for this one day, when she had needed the day for relax. i don't feel i got my money's worth, and i'm gonna talk to the head of the dept. on wednesday.

later on tonight, my shattered the enamel on my lower left molar :frown1: it doesn't hurt or anything, which is kinda weird. but, this would never had happened if my fuckin boss at my old store never cut my hours which ultimately ended in my losing my fucking benefits. this is fucked up. when i had one of my wisdom teeth pulled, back when i was on my mom's insurance, my dentist said i had weakened enamel. i'm a non-regurgitating bulimic. basically, what i used for do would be binge and then fast for a day or two. that caused my mouth to become more acidic than it should be, which means my enamel couldn't keep up its restoration with how much damage the acid was doing. i had it under control because i had insurance and i could go see the dentist when i needed to. anyway, i'm gonna bring this up to the district manager when i call him wednesday. i believe that they should be responsible because they took away my insurance.

so yah, i'm kinda bummed and need a hug :frown1:

EDIT: oh! and i can't chew on my right side because of the wisdom tooth that's there. my mouth is too small for it, yah? it's at an angle, and pushing against the other teeth. it doesn't hurt, but it does cause some discomfort in the morning when i first wake up. so, i sense i'm about to drop a few pounds haha

salinger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Days like this are what getting drunk is meant for. And your professor sounds like a bitch although if the point is to prepare you for the real world, they did a good job. At a job interview once I had to take a test to show that I was proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point. I was but since there are so many ways to do things if you don't do it the test way, you're fucked. I didn't get the job. But I did get a better one. Lesson is - it gets better.

And here's a hug: HUGS

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
wow...this will probably date me but when I went to college - we had to use one of these...
315R3SZZCCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and get this!! We actually had to hand write our answers in it...and it wasn't that long ago either:rolleyes:

You have a choice my friend, consider yourself a "victim" of the internet age or go to bed, get a good night sleep and kick *ss tomorrow. It will be a new day! (In the meantime, if no one is looking....HUG!)

It's all just life man...you'll be fine and enjoy the ride....

Peace!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Days like this are what getting drunk is meant for. And your professor sounds like a bitch although if the point is to prepare you for the real world, they did a good job. At a job interview once I had to take a test to show that I was proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point. I was but since there are so many ways to do things if you don't do it the test way, you're fucked. I didn't get the job. But I did get a better one. Lesson is - it gets better.

And here's a hug: HUGS

except that, on a job test thing, if you click somewhere on the screen that doesn't change anything, or open the wrong menu and not changing anything, you won't get points off. and god help those peoples that ended up double-clicking. those poor peoples ended up getting it wrong twice :frown1:

but mahalo for the hug

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Poor guy... We all have those sorts of shitty days but it doesn't help to hear that...

So here's the hug you asked for. Oh, and is that a phone in your pocket or are is your mood picking up??? :)

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Poor guy... We all have those sorts of shitty days but it doesn't help to hear that...

So here's the hug you asked for. Oh, and is that a phone in your pocket or are is your mood picking up??? :)

mahalo for the hug bruddah. but sorry for say, it is just my cell phone :biggrin1:

the whole computer final thing was fucked up and all. but i'm honestly more pissed about my tooth, and how fucked up it was of carvajal for cut my hours down to part times, causing the forfeit of my benefits. like it's my fault my mom was in the hospital :mad:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your teacher sounds like a bitch I would report her if she is not teaching the class properly.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Here you go Nixxie: :hug:

*spare one, in case of need :hug:

mahalo auntie!

Your teacher sounds like a bitch I would report her if she is not teaching the class properly.

hellz yah i am! i'm going to set up an appointment with the department head tomorrow after my public speaking final. which is my last final of this semester! woot!

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
On days like you've had, I go back to bed and hide under the covers!! You don't need a hug, you need a back rub.....after a nice glass of wine and some mellow music playing in the background.
I hope things go better for you and you get that tooth looked at before it starts throbbing!!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
On days like you've had, I go back to bed and hide under the covers!! You don't need a hug, you need a back rub.....after a nice glass of wine and some mellow music playing in the background.
I hope things go better for you and you get that tooth looked at before it starts throbbing!!

i don't run from problems though. and i don't do back rubs because i'm way too ticklish. and i hate the taste of wine haha.

it's just my outer enamel for now, so it's not too bad. my step dad and step brother went out and got me that quick fix filling, so i have that in my mouth right now

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, that teacher wouldn't go down with me.

You should certainly talk to the head of the department and make sure he/she knows what kind of teacher you have.

You should even ask for the exam to be done again or that it won't be taken in account

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You should even ask for the exam to be done again or that it won't be taken in account

yah, i'm gonna ask for another chance at the exam. i'm also gonna ask if i can do the correct assignment, given the circumstances of what happened the week of the assignment, and the fact she had the assignment for 3 weeks without telling me it was incorrect.

Sorry to hear about your day. If I was closer Id take you out for a drink.

thanks, but you'd have to sneak it to me :tongue:

mgmnguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
LOL - I had to use one of those as well! Ah - those were the days... :)

wow...this will probably date me but when I went to college - we had to use one of these...
315R3SZZCCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and get this!! We actually had to hand write our answers in it...and it wasn't that long ago either:rolleyes:

You have a choice my friend, consider yourself a "victim" of the internet age or go to bed, get a good night sleep and kick *ss tomorrow. It will be a new day! (In the meantime, if no one is looking....HUG!)

It's all just life man...you'll be fine and enjoy the ride....

Peace!